This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  doom 10 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

doom
    Participant

I’d like to see napalm proof shields.

BOY
    Participant

This is not quite the same idea, I’m splitting this to a new idea. It would be a nice feature.

Brain Damage
    Participant

by napalm-proof, you mean that naplam shouldn’t be able to flow inside them, or that they should have a sort of “invincibilty” to napalm?

sorry to hijack this thread, but it reminded me that i would like to see a tag for projectiles to let them pass trought shields without harming them.

doom
    Participant

I mean’t a special tag like laser proof, except with napalm.

cbx550f
    Participant

Not a bad idea…

FREAK
    Participant

Wow I really like this idea…

Deathbal
    Participant

What else is napalm good for? It doesn’t work under water as it is. And for the most part, only hot napalm goes through shields to kill an opponent. Unless you are in a hole.

KTM Rider
    Participant

The AI and I were just talking about something like this.

To take is a step further, it would be neat to see the opposite side of the spectrum, also. Lets say there is a Flame Shield, which protects the users from flame/fire based weapons. Since the (in my mind) opposite of fire is snow/ice, it would have a weakness to Snow/ice weapons. Now, I’m more talking about Merge Mod, seeing its array of ice weapons, but the concept should be the same….

AI’s and my conversation actually stemmed from talking about the reaction of the map type and the weapon. I.E. a flame based weapon works better on a volcanic sort of map, and an ice weapon works better on a winter map.

Just thought I’d throw those two ideas out.

Thrax
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

What else is napalm good for? It doesn’t work under water as it is. And for the most part, only hot napalm goes through shields to kill an opponent. Unless you are in a hole.

the Default mod has none, just as it has no usefull lasers… but other mods certainly do.
    Laserproof was added for the capacity to expand design.
    Shields already repel rollers by the bounceing-ball effects,
    Repel Hogs with the Force-factor,
    Repel over-head shots with the Mag-factor…

Napalm resistance is about the only thing left, so might as well add that capacity too.
    Heat damage can be turned off just as easily as laser damage, or variants of..

doom
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

What else is napalm good for?

shields that protects against napalm only.

dexterschumi
    Participant

Who the heck uses it anyways!!!when we have funks and rollers!!

jdog
    Participant

This idea is in the TODO list under Bobirov list of ideas.

Just have to copy and paste the link into your browser.

doom
    Participant

@dexterschumi wrote:

Who the heck uses it anyways!!!when we have funks and rollers!!

That is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard! 😆 😛 😯

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.