This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

(Quote taken from Spread MIRVs topic.)

@hobbesme wrote:

@boy wrote:

IMO the arms levels scheme needs an overhaul. It does not seem to make much sense for many of the weapons.

Hear, hear.

I was shocked to discover that regular napalm only gives $1.5K per kill. What’s up with that? Napalm’s a good weapon, but it’s not a funky or DH by any means. Why the sucky money return for napalm? Has this always been the case & I’ve just never noticed?

In any case, I think many veterans could probably come to a close concensus on weapons levels starting from baby missiles to DHs because several of the weapons seem mis-labeled.

Seems to me that I recall a post from a few YEARS ago about Napalm being overrated as a killer (via the armslevel, and ergo the money earned for a kill with).

I’m as guilty as anyone of not paying any attention to armslevel with my own mods (let’s face it, that’s the boring stuff to do when creating a game or mod ;)).

I say, let’s fix it, so:

how do we do that? Do we:

1. Discuss it here, and see what happens
    2. Put someone in charge of it
    3. Have a poll
    4. Do nothing
    5. A and B
    6. Other
    7. A and C
    8. B and C
    9. All of the above
    10. None of the above
    11. Less than one in three of A, B, or C are reasonable.

Hobbes, as I mentioned, it was mentioned a long time ago (likely by you, you pyro) that Napalm kills are undervalued, and I think I agree (I would say I do, but I never pay attention to details like “what I get for a kill”, I just want the kill ;))

I agree with the idea that a revamp of the armslevels may be in order. Might be a good job for a new admin. 😉

Anyway, post away about whatever you think may be wrong with the armslevels here (Please specify if you are talking about a mod, otherwise it will be assumed that you are talking about the Official Scorched3d Servers)

Cheers

cbx

BOY
    Participant

When I was first looking at setting up a tournament, the arms levels did not seem to make sense. I wanted something similar to MCB but with just a tad more excitement.

trimming down the weapons and arms levels was so easy for Bobirov, he just made a mod and gave it to me. 😀

I’ve been screwing around with it every since. 😆

Brain Damage
    Participant

if this is gonna be implementied the first thing i’d like to discuss it would be the scheme/logic that is going to be used to define the new armselvel, i would like to hear some ideas before posting mine.

for information the armslevel defines the money prize per kill/assist by multipling the standard bonus per it’s value; values can vary beween 0 to 10

eg. on main actually:
    standard bonus: 750$

baby missiles armslevel: 10
    money per baby missiles kill: 750 * 10 = 7500 $

death’s head armslevel: 1
    money per death’s head kill: 750 * 1 = 750$

EDIT: for a complete list of each weapon current armslevel; please refer here:

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/stats/allweapons.php?Prefix=1&Series=7

if you do not reckognies some of the list weapons, no worries, it’s just because they are used as grafical efffect/internal code; just look @ weapons that are ailwable in the buy list.

BOY
    Participant

about my first reply, the most important thing was not the weapons level, but the defense level. The defense level is the most messed up. I will start with that. This is useful for setting up more balanced custom game or server.

Another side comment:
    Athough the original game had 10 arms levels, there is not a need for that many.

SUGGESTION

Arms level 10
    -no defense

Arms level 9
    -battery

Arms level 8
    -parachute, Auto Defense

Arms level 7
    -Fuel, Rocket Fuel, Mag Deflect

Arms level 6
    -Shield, Hvy Mag

Arms level 5
    -Heavy Shield

Arms level 4
    -Force Shield

jdog
    Participant

Why do we have Arms Level on defence items?

cbx550f
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

Why do we have Arms Level on defence items?

Well, when I kill boy with my Auto Defence, don’t I deserve 8x the money? 😀

BOY
    Participant

I don’t recall, but did the original game reduce the cash given for higher arms levels? There isn’t anything wrong with it, but I don’t see a reason for it. The cost of the weapon itself should balance out the reward just fine. If there was to be no cap on the free market, I’d like to see the reward for all weapons be the same. Even AutoDefense! 😉

Bobirov
    Participant

The reason you need armslevel on defensive items is simple. So you can use them to control their availability as the rounds progress using the server settings if you so desire. 😛

cbx550f
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

The reason you need armslevel on defensive items is simple. So you can use them to control their availability as the rounds progress using the server settings if you so desire. 😛

Ah, yes. I knew there was a use for it, but I couldn’t think of it for the life of me!

jdog
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

LOL, should have thought of that myself as its a pain in the butt getting bot to not use max shields when they can.

hobbesme
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

I was shocked to discover that regular napalm only gives $1.5K per kill. What’s up with that? Napalm’s a good weapon, but it’s not a funky or DH by any means. Why the sucky money return for napalm? Has this always been the case & I’ve just never noticed?

@cbx550f wrote:

I recall a post from a few YEARS ago about Napalm being overrated as a killer (via the armslevel, and ergo the money earned for a kill with) … Napalm kills are undervalued, and I think I agree … with the idea that a revamp of the armslevels may be in order.

After discussing this tonight in-game, several of us agree that regardless of whether weapons’ arms levels are mostly equitable or not; napalm kills @ $1.5 per kill seems way too low.

What can we do to easily increase the money per napalm kill? Best solution requires server setting changes only & NOT additional source changes.

Comments or ideas anyone?

BOY
    Participant

The following changes might help somewhat. food for thought?

MONEYWONFORROUND 1000 (should be set back to 10,000, or what it was)
    MONEYWONFORLIVES 5000
    MONEYWONPERKILLPOINT 750
    MONEYWONPERMULTIKILLPOINT 0 (is this the only money awarded for a multi kill? if so, it should be 500 at least)
    MONEYWONPERASSISTPOINT 250
    MONEYWONPERHITPOINT 250 (should be 500)
    MONEYPERROUND 0
    MONEYPERHEALTHPOINT on

SCOREPERMONEY 0
    SCOREPERASSIST 2
    SCOREPERKILL 10
    SCOREWONFORROUND 35 (apparently the actual value is curretnly 285)

Brain Damage
    Participant

@boy wrote:

MONEYWONPERMULTIKILLPOINT (is this the only money awarded for a multi kill?)

no, you get the regular kill/damage reward + you get that bonus in addiction for every multi-kill

hobbesme
    Participant

@boy wrote:

SCOREWONFORROUND 35 (apparently the actual value is curretnly 285)

Brain Damage explained why 285 points are awarded for each round win.

HWB
    Participant

I would like to bring up for debate about recieving half points if the is 2 players survive round. 33 percent for 3 players and so forth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.