This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 13 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

kyrsjo
    Participant

Never seen this before…

When i fired a Death Head at my opponent (and hit him 😈 ) (CPU), he simultaniously hit me with a bayby nuke. Result: Slowdown. But what trickles me, is that the slowdown never ended! It CONTINUED to be extremely slow into the next round, and i started in a flame-filled crater.

In the bottom of my screen it stood Cant kick players – they ar e local (or something like that), and then kicking player 1; kicking player 2; kicking player spectator. (approx)

It did’t crash, so I was able to exit normaly, and somhow the graph i got in GNOME didn’t mention any CPU usage untill I exited (when it showed a peak)

Cambo
    Participant

I’ve had this problem as well… It’s releated to the fact that a mushroom cloud from a nuke (or death’s heads) will continue over multiple rounds. (Untill it’s lifespan is over… on good systems a few seconds… on slower systems it can take a while longer… especially from the death’s head and the 20-30 mushroom clouds it can create)

Cam

kyrsjo
    Participant

I use a 866 MHZ P3M compaq Laptop with 256 MB ram, 16 Meg video ram (ATI) and GL turned off…

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok, I know what is wrong here, and I can fix it quite easily.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Cool Cameron m8, nice to see you hows the move going?

Cambo
    Participant

the move is not going good…. let’s list the people who’ve screwed me over so far:
    my landlord
    a car mechanic
    the weather
    the local isp
    Dell (posting this on an ancient iMac at work… my work machine’s been on order for 6+1/2 weeks)
    the phone company
    the bank

and the list is still growing…

in other words it will be a while before I can do some developing again.

Cam

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Sorry to hear that.

I was not plugging for development :), just happy to see you m8.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.