This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Bobirov 11 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Brain Damage
    Participant

sorry to post it here but other forums’s section seems to be almost not being readed
    i’ve trying to setp up stats and ids in a server, but when i try to use the mysql stats type i got 2 problems, i’ve tryed mysql ver 4.1.18 and 5.0.19 on winxp; both gived the same errors (i’ve set up correctly the mysql.xml file).

the first error is due to my poor english, i cannot get the correct syntax/steps to set up the table in mysql; i use the following code:
    use mysql;
    source (scorchedpathdatastatstables.sql);
    i got the following error

mysql> source (d:giochiscorched3ddatastatstables.sql);
    ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that
    corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘sourc
    e (d:’ at line 1

D:ProgrammiMySQLMySQL Server 4.1binmysql.exe Ver 14.7 Distrib 4.1.18, for
    Win32 (ia32)
    Connection id: 3
    Current database: mysql
    Current user: root@localhost
    SSL: Not in use
    Using delimiter: ;
    Server version: 4.1.18-nt
    Protocol version: 10
    Connection: localhost via TCP/IP
    Server characterset: latin1
    Db characterset: latin1
    Client characterset: latin1
    Conn. characterset: latin1
    TCP port: 3306
    Uptime: 1 hour 8 min 17 sec

Threads: 1 Questions: 15 Slow queries: 0 Opens: 11 Flush tables: 1 Open tab
    les: 0 Queries per second avg: 0.004

the other error is is into the server; when i try to conenct to the database (i know that it can’t do it probperly until i’ve set up the tables but this error looks unrelated) i’ve got the following error:

mysql stats logger failed to start. Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

the main mysql website tell something about that error in the faq, sorry but i cannot get totally it’s meaning, for what i understood it is a password’s hash format change, the link to the faq is:
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/old-client.html

can anyone help me?

thank in advance

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

mysql> source (d:giochiscorched3ddatastatstables.sql);
    ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that

I think it should be

source “d:giochiscorched3ddatastatstables.sql”;

the other error is is into the server; when i try to conenct to the database (i know that it can’t do it probperly until i’ve set up the tables but this error looks unrelated) i’ve got the following error:

mysql stats logger failed to start. Error: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Try using an older version of mysql.

Bobirov
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Try using an older version of mysql.

Have a look at this page. I believe that is how I got around this problem.

Brain Damage
    Participant

thanks bob & gavin for the help

i’ve solved my problems, the soultions were:

source d:/giochi/scorched3d/data/statstables.sql;
    (mysql uses the backslash as slash)

and thanks bob for the link i’ve followed instructions and worked fine for me, no more old client problem
    now it’s all working

Thanks again

Bobirov
    Participant

Glad I could help. 😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.