This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Spudster 11 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Spudster
    Participant

aaaah my brain hurts after three days of trying to understand how to get the server stats working for my server! the explanation given is hard for me to understand i mean i dont know how to install the files for the server or where or what configuration settings i need or anything like that please help me someone!!!!! πŸ˜₯ πŸ˜₯ 😯 😯

cbx550f
    Participant

It can be a bit troublesome to get going, I know.

Check your server log (easiest way is through the http admin interface) and post what it shows when the server starts.

Mine shows:

Sun Mar 26 12:53:43 2006 - Loaded mod "roofmod", space required 1468346 (4611370) bytes
    8 Sun Mar 26 12:53:43 2006 - Player connected dest="0" id="3" name="(Bastage) James" unique=[Shark - computer - 1]
    9 Sun Mar 26 12:53:43 2006 - Created mysql stats logger.
    10 Sun Mar 26 12:53:43 2006 - mysql stats logger started, prefix=1, server=1, series=1
    11 Sun Mar 26 12:53:43 2006 - Found stats user "142"
    12 Sun Mar 26 12:53:43 2006 - Generating landscape
    13 Sun Mar 26 12:53:44 2006 - Finished generating landscape (678150936, confined, cavern)

Spudster
    Participant

no no no no no no no i meant stats log for each player that comes on my server, i dont know what software i need or where to put it or how to configure it or what to change on the server xml or anything i need a step by step rather descriptive walkthru on how to set the player stats log

Brain Damage
    Participant

first you need to download & install & run the mysql server package (http://www.mysql.com)
    the connect to the server with the internal client console
    then type:
    create database scorched3d;
    use scorched3d;
    source yourscorchedpath/data/mystatstables.sql;

then follow those instructions to make the scorched server compatible with
    mysql v5
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

the go to the yourscorchedpath/data/ folder and copy the file mysql.xml to your .scorched folder and rename it to mysql-serverport (default 27270).xml thne edit the file and put your mysql’s password inside

the edit your server.xml setting file, find for stats value and put iside mysql

if you did all right, it should work

Spudster
    Participant

then follow those instructions to make the scorched server compatible with
    mysql v5
    http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

err i dont understand the instructions they are confusing when i do wat it says it keeps saying syntax error…..

Brain Damage
    Participant

just type:

set password for ‘root’@’localhost’ = old_password (‘yourpassword‘);

where yourpassword is the password you want to use

Spudster
    Participant

ok i did that now it says when i start the server =

loaded mod “raptormod”, space required 3116355 (8236755) bytes
    player connected dest=”0″ id=”3″ name=”(potatobot) fidel” unique=[chooser – computer – 1]
    created mysql stats logger.
    mysql stats logger started, prefix=0, server=0, series=0
    add new stats user “0”
    player connected dest=”0″ id=”4″ name=”(potatobot) osama” unique=[tosser – computer – 1]
    add new stats user “0”
    player connected dest=”0″ id=”5″ name=”(potatobot) saddam” unique=[cyborg – computer – 1]
    add new stats user “0”
    player connected dest=”0″ id=”6″ name=”(potatobot) adolf” unique=[moron – computer – 1]
    add new user stats “0”
    generating landscape
    finished generating landscape (24521, oldstyle, snow)
    server started
    contacting registration server…
    not created file logger.
    too few players stopping play

i dont think thats right cud u tell me what to do please?

Brain Damage
    Participant

it means that you have failed to create the tables

to check if they are ok type this:

use scorched3d;
    show tables;

and check if shows a list of tables starting with scorched3d prefix

otherwise do again the steps to create the tables

Spudster
    Participant

AAAAH

when i do source c:program filesscorched3ddatastatstables.sql it changes to c:rogram filescorched3datastables.sql and it says the delimeter is atastables.sql AAAH i think it is really trying to *@#% me off!!!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Didnt someone else have this issue too?

Try putting the this way around /, I think that was it.

Spudster
    Participant

tried that already, it said “cannot load c:/program files/bla bla bla etc etc

Spudster
    Participant

no wait….i must have got the name wrong….ITS ****ING WORKING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

WOOOOOOOOOOOO THANK YOU GCAMP

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.