This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  xtc 9 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

xtc
    Participant

Hi all, I want to share my impressions from changes I can observe since I played last time about half year ago.

First thing to surprise me was emptiness of main in time it used to be full of people. It was monday morning here in the Far East when I downloaded this and connected, correspondingly – sunday evening in Europe and sunday morning in America. Hope that is not systematic…

Many new names in game. And plenty good shooting. Many kills with first and second shot even in first rounds.
    Though, some new names hide familiar persons behind them. Don’t know whether you in disguise or decided to start from blank page – its your right so I don’t gonna make my guess public, but I can say those of you I used to play alot are easy to recognize, some even from the first moments (да да Лёня).

New sight – that is horrible :mrgreen:
    I’ve played several hours already and yet haven’t hit a thing with snipeshot! The whole idea I had about how to do it isnt working. This game keeps you constantly learning…

Rollers…
    As I can understand they were modified for the purpose of decreasing over-use of this weapon.
    Didnt even try babies, only regular and heavy ones. Looks like their effect on shields and maybe affection radius were reduced.
    That feels awful. My rollers were doing almost no damage to heavy bubbles exploding very close.
    Also, when I put rollers above guy with deflector on the wall, they rolled over him as if it was a bubble!

The affection of wind and bouncing properties – thats interesting and probably brings some prospects I have yet to discover for myself, but usage of rollers against targets on bottom, especially targets with bubbles is rather limited now.

*** off the main point: rolling on bottom, they do bounce off blue, why don’t they roll wrap through yellow walls? That feels inconsistent.

What I can state that all these changes do work in favor of shield owners (read – cash cows), and who are shield owners – those who managed to get ahead with money in the beginning! As this problem of economic disbalance in the 5+ rounds haven’t vanished so I can say the situation as a whole got worse.

While the way it used to be exactly rollers were the weapon that poor players could use effectively against rich ones (not speaking about cheap funks).

With precision, one had to put rollers near the bubble either heavy or force (maybe first to make a small hole for them on the ground) – and that was the way how skill could defeat wealth which isnt always well-deserved.
    Used to do that many times, with possible turn of the game course in my favor even when opponents had much more money.

With all changes that were made to rollers this seems to be almost impossible now.

About gift option… yet havent seen it being used enough so can’t say whether practically it is good or bad; in theory it can be both ways.
    As personally for me, I see I can use it if I’m horribly winning – give money to opponents so they can buy some big things to kill me and keep game fun this way…

New funky bombs, yeah I can see some advantages of this version, though I’d rather prefer the old ones at price of 30k for 2 or 20k for single.
    The dynamicity is lost and I will be missing beautiful multikills we would perform.

New market system.
    Dont think I’ve managed to get the complete idea of it already (so please dont get acidic about my ideas that follow), but I realized that the prices are changing according to the demand and some (parachutes) are probably fixed.
    But some of things are to be bought and used more often than others because of their role. 7K for missiles and 15K for batteries really shocked me. For example, there are still MCB games on main, I even participated couple already. That means price for the things will remain high.
    I think some sort of constant modifier should be applied to the formula calculating the price.
    There are bulk commodities and there are luxury goods, lets say. Teleporters wont be used much enough to make the price growing, even though they are twice as cheap as they were. While constant demand on missiles, diggers and some other things cant let the prices decrease significantly.
    The way it is system is not really bringing any pronounced “market” effect.

And finally, this delayed defence activation – I dont like it. It is simplification in its worst sense.
    Shocked the idea of it was coming from you DB.

P.S. And hello to all of you I used to quarrel with… hope we can leave it behind. Having glanced through forums I see the role “dont call me cheater, you sucker!” is already taken :mrgreen: so I have no choice but to become a good guy now)

gf1024
    Participant

As for shields, I do get blown down by ppl using sandhogs all the time, not worth the money. Agree about the $7k missiles.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

Oh..another old one russian..hehe (да да) 😯
    Wellcom back to a new family 😈

Deathbal
    Participant

Delayed Defense. There are several server options that can be tinkered with. The problem is getting people to test them is like war. After a few weeks of delayed defense, another poll was taken, and people wanted to keep it. The idea came to me because I got tired of waiting to 0 seconds every time i wanted to put up a shield.

ROLLERS. They do act odd. They don’t always bounce off mags, only when on a cliff face, like you said. They only bounce off the very top of the mag, explode on its side. I think that is excellent. But I do miss the power the heavy rollers use to have.

Funky Bombs… Even thought the old one’s had more power, if you play enough you will see that the new one’s will multi kill a lot more often.

BUBBLES……Not much different to me. They are a little more useful now. I think that’s good. Otherwisw, why buy them? Still each bubble can be dealt with.

Players with a lot of cash will always have the advantage. No matter what. If I find myself in a rich position I spend it on the cheaper teleports and fuel……and buy a mag…….that is more useful to stay alive rather than an expensive bubble.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Heavy rollers will take out a full force shield, provided they are nicely nestled in.
    Have you tried napalm (didnt read last paragraph, too long when just woke up), the hot stuff is very effective.

You talk about the rich as if they have walked into the game with extra cash, to get lots of cash you must first suffer from having no weapons or defense.
    Those that spend all their money in the first few rounds tend to get a nice little lead, but if things dont go right, soon fall behind.

Deathbal
    Participant

Can’t argue with you, Peanut. For some reason people don’t like to use napalm. Any napalm is devastating if put into a pit and allowed to pool up.

Not sure if you played the previous versions or not, but the old heavy rollers would destroy anything. They would take out a force shield and player if they were in a neighboring pool for example. A lot of people don’t know this, but the old baby rollers use to be able to take out a force shield and player if all 8 rollers were touching the shield. 😯

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I briefly played 40.1 (its whe version I learnt the EXTREME basics on (this didnt include auto-aim)).

I think its well balanced now for bubbles n rollers, with bubbles being so pricey most of the time.

Napalm IS truely devestating, but SOOO flawed because of water, the slightest little puddle (which rarely shows through) kills its effectiveness.
    Just the hogs to deal with I think, even the lasers are flawed enough to be ok, can just move below the player, which is cheaper than the endless batts they use : @

I have been very close lately to purchase some hogs, getting soo tiring when get a nice first shot on someone to set them up or weaken their position just to see some crappy shot take you and your bubble out. AHHH

Irishbandit
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

A lot of people don’t know this, but the old baby rollers use to be able to take out a force shield and player if all 8 rollers were touching the shield. 😯

Or if you bounced them right less then 8. 😈 😈

xtc
    Participant

@gf1024 wrote:

As for shields, I do get blown down by ppl using sandhogs all the time, not worth the money.

True, forgot to say about sandhogs. Thats probably hence I was in a sort of noble ‘not using funkies and sandhogs too much’ movement when played last time… so often the way you are makes you blind…
    But I already witnessed a case when player – LTC (if i’m not mistaken) got killed by heavy sandhog wearing 100% force shield. This could never happen before.
    Probably after new funkies were introduced and sandhogs improved the became even more of headache for natural players.

@Mcb Lover wrote:

Wellcom back to a new family

Thanks man)

@deathbal wrote:

The idea came to me because I got tired of waiting to 0 seconds every time i wanted to put up a shield.

Got tired?!! That was so much fun in the process! Sometimes that would make you miss your move. Sometimes you had to activate shield and input your shot at the price of favoring your enemis thus – only because you needed to go and take the phone or run to get rid of excess liquid…
    And those noobs turning on heavy shields letting us know we can kill them with heavy riot bombs! And shield tricks! Tricks by the way that were associated with YOU, The Only Person Managed To Surprise Me With Worth-doing Thing I Didnt Invent Or Guess Myself In This Game!
    SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Have you tried napalm (didnt read last paragraph, too long when just woke up), the hot stuff is very effective.

Sure I know about napalm)
    Yes it still works good as I can see but comparing to old rollers its usage have more requirements if you gonna kill bubbled guy effective.

You talk about the rich as if they have walked into the game with extra cash, to get lots of cash you must first suffer from having no weapons or defense.

That is a subject we used to discuss until holes in our keyboards…
    The point is that potential advantage which winner of first two round gets – in many cases with luck, just got a good placement, mutual kill/neutralizing of opponents – can give him economic benefit for all remaining rounds. Often huge benefit comparing to others playing since first round, not even mentioning those who joined later! Buying shields fuel teleports and heavy stuff while others still have to save money to the limit if they want to catch him up.

I think its well balanced now for bubbles n rollers, with bubbles being so pricey most of the time.

Yeah grumbling about how good old times were and how wrong everything is nowadays. Thats the generation gap. I’m getting old 😥

Jurily
    Participant

@xtc wrote:

That is a subject we used to discuss until holes in our keyboards…
    The point is that potential advantage which winner of first two round gets – in many cases with luck, just got a good placement, mutual kill/neutralizing of opponents – can give him economic benefit for all remaining rounds. Often huge benefit comparing to others playing since first round, not even mentioning those who joined later! Buying shields fuel teleports and heavy stuff while others still have to save money to the limit if they want to catch him up.

Easy. Get rid of the interest and make everything a bit cheaper. (Yes, me again with my stupid ideas that exactly half the players will love, while the other half would hate :P)

Deathbal
    Participant

LOL yes, I miss my old shield trick. I still do it from time to time but it is different. I have to wait a round. And only after I use fuel. Then switch!

Hey, I can always put up another poll. If people like it this way……..then it stays. I really don’t care either way.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

quote:
    But I already witnessed a case when player – LTC (if i’m not mistaken)…
    now he (LTC) will really angry..hehe….your luck that you are not (for now) number 1 or 2…he like torture ppl:)

xtc
    Participant

I used to have enough …. around “being number 1 or 2” in older days so if gonna be playing much I’ll simply erase my id from time to time in order not to become any number.
    “I’m not a number, I’m a free man!”

@jurily wrote:

Yes, me again with my stupid ideas

Welcome to the club, man! :mrgreen:

@deathbal wrote:

Hey, I can always put up another poll. If people like it this way……..then it stays. I really don’t care either way.

Never had any idea of how such decisions are made. Once tiny islands map were removed. Still can’t get – whom did they disturbed? Can’t remember a single person not loving them.
    Or maybe it was someone who plays on main once a millenium?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.