This topic contains 43 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Panther30 12 years, 8 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #16167

    Sondra
    Participant

    hmm sorry guys…. but those DH didn’t work…. me and cbx survived all that.. cus 2 DH in the same position you just hear their sound ^^

    AND YES I AM ADICTED TO FUEL

    #16168

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @cbx550f wrote:

    compressed with lzw compression … GIF patent problems are done … I don’t hate GIF anymore. 😉

    Wow. I had forgotten about that issue starting 10+ years ago!

    I read the related articles & links on that site for over an hour. Patent & copyright law has become the evil of corporate bastards. And it’s scary for all engineering developers. Trying to patent broad ideas & not end products is obviosly self-serving to corporations but apparently courts are too stupid or influenced to stop it. It’ll blow up eventually, but probably not after several more decades of ridiculously stupid rulings.

    There is a farce which isn’t too far off that any sort of process will soon be patented & will be a legal liability for everyone else that uses that process.

    In software, the farce is that software constructs will be patented & require licencing — if statements, loops, algorithms in general, etc.

    In general, the process of eating will soon be patented & all living organisms will be required to license their eating habits.

    #16169

    cbx550f
    Participant

    For more patent information, Hobbes, check here.

    And we sure did prove that one, Sondra! 😉

    #16170

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    Here’s what happened with the compression guys. The picture was originally a .jpg. then someone converted it to a .gif, which would still have the jpg compression in it only it would be useless right? So since it was a .gif I cleaned up the previous .jpg compression.

    Does that clear things up?

    #16171

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @hobbesme wrote:

    DS cleaned up the lossy JPG file & converted it into a non-lossy format.

    @deathstryker wrote:

    Here’s what happened with the compression guys. The picture was originally a .jpg. then someone converted it to a .gif, which would still have the jpg compression in it only it would be useless right? So since it was a .gif I cleaned up the previous .jpg compression.
    Does that clear things up?

    Isn’t that what I said? 😉

    #16172

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    @hobbesme wrote:

    @hobbesme wrote:

    DS cleaned up the lossy JPG file & converted it into a non-lossy format.

    @deathstryker wrote:

    Here’s what happened with the compression guys. The picture was originally a .jpg. then someone converted it to a .gif, which would still have the jpg compression in it only it would be useless right? So since it was a .gif I cleaned up the previous .jpg compression.
    Does that clear things up?

    Isn’t that what I said? 😉

    Well not exactly. You said I converted it, however I didn’t. That was someone else’s doing. Sorry, had to get technical on you.

    #16173

    hobbesme
    Participant

    @hobbesme wrote:

    Isn’t that what I said? 😉

    @deathstryker wrote:

    Well not exactly. You said I converted it, however I didn’t. That was someone else’s doing. Sorry, had to get technical on you.

    That’s OK. You’re right. I hadn’t properly noticed that Willis was originally the one to convert it to GIF format.

    However, Willis’s GIF isn’t too bad looking. So why did the picture continue to get so crummy looking?

    #16174

    cbx550f
    Participant

    @hobbesme wrote:

    However, Willis’s GIF isn’t too bad looking. So why did the picture continue to get so crummy looking?

    Well, I plead guilty. lol I saved it as a jpeg – not sure why – then I’m betting someone else edited it, saved as jpeg, edited some more before converting to gif and posting. For posting jpeg is generally better, as the quality should be good, and it’s much smaller. The problem comes in decoding it and re-encodinig it. I guess if any of us had thought about it being edited so many times we may have doe it differently, but Death Saved the Day anyway!

    #16175

    Sondra
    Participant

    Guyyyysss… Could we go back to the funny part and leave the technical part to another ocasiation?

    Besides that… just let me buy a scanner 😈 😈
    I’ll show you what I have here ehehhe

    #16176

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    @sondra wrote:

    Guyyyysss… Could we go back to the funny part and leave the technical part to another ocasiation?

    Yes Boss, sorry Boss. 🙄

    @sondra wrote:

    Besides that… just let me buy a scanner 😈 😈
    I’ll show you what I have here ehehhe

    A part of me is curious and another part of me says, “I probably don’t wanna see it.”

    #16177

    Ebonite
    Participant

    @deathstryker wrote:

    A part of me is curious and another part of me says, “I probably don’t wanna see it.”

    Ditto. 😯

    #16178

    BOY
    Participant

    Foul on the boys!

    Sondra, let them have it!

    #16179

    Sondra
    Participant

    Ooohh but THEY will see it… They will… they… will… 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈

    #16180

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    @sondra wrote:

    Ooohh but THEY will see it… They will… they… will… 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈 😈

    😯

    #16181

    Panther30
    Participant

    Where is the Panther in all this? hmmm?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 45 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.