This topic contains 3 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

I keep getting a message “laptop’s daddy forgot to move” (or similar) when I didn’t forget at all.

I press the fire button and the time goes green, then eventually expires and I get a message “didn’t move”.

Sometimes it puts itself right by the next move, but a few times it’s kicked me off.

When it kicks me, I get the message:

“Unknown sendMessage Destination 1”

Repeating over and over.

Getting to be a real problem. I recently upgraded to 40.1d (with the patch) (Windows XP), but it didn’t fix it : (

Willis
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

When it kicks me, I get the message:

“Unknown sendMessage Destination 1”

Repeating over and over.

Getting to be a real problem. I recently upgraded to 40.1d (with the patch) (Windows XP), but it didn’t fix it : (

I don’t know about the first one but this I’ve seen and brought up myself.

If your kicked due to lag, or kicked because you missed your limit of turns, you get that message.

It gets into some type of infinite loop of trying to transmit information but no connections established. I have an older topic listed here: http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3764&highlight=sendmessage

@TODO wrote:

Added: UDP message handler for games COMs

Gavin, is this what my quoted item is related to?

cbx550f
    Participant

Willis: No, it’s not directly related.

Lappy: Are you having trouble with laggin during games?

Shotzo
    Participant

The unknown sendMessage 1 would be because it’s sending a keep-alive to.. well, nobody.

To Gavin: If 3 keep-alives don’t make it, something’s wrong with the routing, and to avoid flooding a network an application should stop sending keep-alives.

jdog
    Participant

@shotzo wrote:

I 3 keep-alives don’t make it, something’s wrong with the routing, and to avoid flooding a network an application should stop sending keep-alives.

I think this is already in the TODO list as fixed for next version.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.