This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Reactorfighter 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

A Moogle
    Participant

I think it would be cool to have a Stealth Tank effect (from C&C:Tiberian Sun) that lasts maybe 1 or 2 turns. It would only actually be good, though, if you could activate the stealth and then move – otherwise someone who remembered your spot could just target that, and POOF! 😯

Or just a cloak that you buy, that could be activated forever, but you could not fire or activate shields while it’s active. You would still have to be able to move right after activation though.

Yet another idea is like a Phase Cloak. See paragraph 2, but you could not be hit while it is active. If that is the case, then you would NOT be able to move immediately after activation.

Just my two cents 😉 (or whatever curency you may use) 😛

Anonymous
    Participant

I know that this may sound wierd but how ’bout a paint ball mode? i am not talking about the tracers or whatever. i am thinking of a mode where little or no real damage is dealt and lots of colors all over the place.

ex. fire a baby missle and there is a small colored splotch representing the area that would have been damaged/blown. if a tank is near by a “fake” damage number is calculated and an appropriate amount of money is given to him/her that fired. but no actual damage is done.

the bigger the boom the bigger the splat but no damage to land or tank.

this would be a greate way to practice (especially with those who are young and need some encouragement). and for kicks and giggles the paint marks are colored acording to the player color and maybe fade after two or three rounds.

hope you like the idea!

Anonymous
    Participant

How about an ‘Oil Slick’ type weapon that would prevent other players from moving with fuel. Either totally or just slowing them down.

Or a weapon that fires Flaming Obscenities, oh sorry have that its called chat.

Tired in Tupelo

jdog
    Participant

@comedown wrote:

personally i’d like to see a larger minimum distance between tank spawning positions introduced, to prevent us from being so close together at times.

possibly more varied spawning also, in a way that changes who your closest target is each round, rather than being stuck next to the same guy 3 times in a row (by chance) for example.

nothing special, just a thought.

Tank spawing loacation is directed by the landscapes.xml file and can be change easily when you play at home. If your playing online the landscape.xml used is the one on the host sever. I don’t know what can be done about who you start by, that is random spawing loaction.

Just a side question about mags and heavy mags.
    Why do mags and heavy mags absorb napalm/roller damage?

They should only absorb damage from a direct hit not from napalm/rollers flowing under them. There are a magnetic deflect no?

Someone with a mag or heavy mag get all the benefits (ie:100 hp + 100 sheild hp) as other shields, thats not right.

If I’m wrong about this sorry,and this is just my opinion.

Peeved in Peoria

Mag type shield are half shields while means that they cover half the tank starting at the center/top location. Napalm and most rollers are either, tall enough flames to hit the shield or large enough rollers to bounce off the shield. Some problems with rollers and shield have been fixed in next version.

Wowbagger
    Participant

I think having the ability to turn off a shield and not lose it would be a great idea, sometimes you use a shield and never take a hit and when the round ends its like throwing it away. In comparison to parachutes which cary over once you’ve purchased them and also the ability ability to turn them off, say if your down to like 10 health you can turn them off so not to waste them if someone shoots a digger at you.

gray
    Participant

It would be really spiffy if the EMP blast from apoc made its’ way into s3d proper. It should be as expensive as shields and capable of eliminating them outright. Mabey they should be rated in similar ways and equally priced as well.
    Oh and they should not bounce off shields, that defeats the purpose. (You could call them Penetrators 🙂 )

For the purpose of balanced gameplay the ‘missle net ‘ idea is great. You can only defend against one incoming attack at a time with a defensive net. (That is unless two people are shooting from nearly the same locale.) Never the less it is a nifty idea and although poweful should only cost about a third the cost of the force shields to maintain balance. The missile defense idea is a grand one, although I don’t think it would be easy to implement. Gavin I don’t know how your particle engine works but I imagine that being difficult to do.

Parachutes should be cheeper. They are way too pricey to be such a necessity. I agree with wb on the shields. It would be great if they were persistant from round to round like parachutes. I find myself not turning them on so that I don’t waste them.

Likewise the fuel should be cheaper or allow far more movement. Every time I try the fuel I can move about two inches. Which is a little underwhelming for a tank.

The instant telport ala Worms would be awesome. No other action, just move.

Wow, that’s enough from me.

Willis
    Participant

I think having the ability to turn off a shield and not lose it would be a great idea, sometimes you use a shield and never take a hit and when the round ends its like throwing it away.

I disagree, parachutes operate on a “use if needed” which makes sense, does a person pull the rip cord on a parachute before he falls.. just in case? No he has to wait until hes falling… otherwise he never needs to pull it.

Sheilds on the other hand, a player takes a gamble. If player feels the sheild is nessessary then turn it on, and hope (techniqly one should they are not right 😉 ) that your hunch was right.

Yet how do you decide if a sheild is not needed? On this concept if it even gets scratched you cannot “get it back” right? Being able to carry over some 20% remaining sheild does not make sense. So let me just shoot your pretty sheild with a BB missile and then its irrelevent for any further rounds. Otherwise when do you decide to turn it off? You would need to do it on the move BEFORE the round is over, when that happens it might be the only move the entire game you needed it.. but now you turned it off so you die.

But again, I know where your comin from but I like the idea of sheilds being a double edge swoard… sure it can save you but – if you turn yours on but never need it… thats the risk you run.

A Moogle
    Participant

Shockwave’s name gave me an idea… 😛

How ’bout a shockwave device? That could be bought, and would activate when you get killed?
    It would have about a 30-40 explosion size 😯 (or maybe slightly smaller), and wouldn’t deform the ground. It might take 45-65% of (maximum) health off anyone nearby.

Or you could use something like that as a weapon 😈
    You could activate it, (maybe not taking damage, maybe taking 10-20% off) and it would hit anything around you. It could flatten trees 😛

Again, just two more kupos.

And visit here for the most current version of the MoogleMod!

DeVice
    Participant

@A Moogle wrote:

Shockwave’s name gave me an idea… 😛

How ’bout a shockwave device?

I’m not sure i’d like shochwave to throw me at others 😆

Reactorfighter
    Participant

I would gladly see 3 new models in the next Scorched3D game:

– Deviator Launcher from Dune 2000
    – Vibeke Stene from the Tristania band
    – Freddy Krueger 😈

Reactorfighter
    Participant

I don’t think, the Shockwave weapon is a good idea. The thinking is right, but the weapon can’t be constructed. In this case, you could buy Jedi powers to your tank 🙂 However, this Shockwave could be used as a death sequence.
    The teleport is also fine idea, but I fear some people will start to say we’re copied it from Worms.

An idea from me: Gravity shield. This would levitate the tank above the ground, or water, makes him invincible for rollers, and HOGGY hogs 🙂
    However, this won’t protect you from a hit coming from above (Funky bombs damage,of course, very lethal)

Gravity shields could be used together with a normal shield. In case the tank has been hit, the Gravity shield should become thinner as well. And you’ll need parashoes when it wears off.

cbx550f
    Participant

I posted a vote for teleport. Just because it would be fun. 😉 I really like the teleport idea, provided:
    1. It’s expensive – shouldn’t be happening often
    2. It works like fuel (ie: Your turn is used up by teleporting)
    3. The “destination” is random, and *not* selected by the user.

With these things in mind, teleport could be a useful, but risky, tool which would contribute to the strategy of the game. (And also be worth some laughs too!)

/cbx

poolee
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I posted a vote for teleport. Just because it would be fun. 😉 I really like the teleport idea, provided:
    1. It’s expensive – shouldn’t be happening often
    2. It works like fuel (ie: Your turn is used up by teleporting)
    3. The “destination” is random, and *not* selected by the user.

With these things in mind, teleport could be a useful, but risky, tool which would contribute to the strategy of the game. (And also be worth some laughs too!)

/cbx

Funniest scenario that pops into my head is: last round, someone has a DeathHead pointed straight at you. You have heaps of cash, and buy a transporter, because if you survive, then you win the game… You activate your transporter, and they fire their DeathHead right at you… you disappear, and then reappear… almost exactly where you started from!! 😆

I’m sure that manouvre will become famous and be named after someone… 😀

Chers
    Poolee

DeVice
    Participant

I’d wote for “Cloaking device for tanks”, so others cannot see me 😈

What ? Oh, i got it wrong…

Ok more seriously the teleporter idea seems a must (as described by cbx).

cbx550f
    Participant

@poolee wrote:

Funniest scenario that pops into my head is: last round, someone has a DeathHead pointed straight at you. You have heaps of cash, and buy a transporter, because if you survive, then you win the game… You activate your transporter, and they fire their DeathHead right at you… you disappear, and then reappear… almost exactly where you started from!! 😆

I’m sure that manouvre will become famous and be named after someone… 😀

Chers
    Poolee

Yeah, that’s the sort of thing I was thinking – could be a very sneaky tool that may backfire badly. Sounds like good fun to me. 😉

I was thinking…. First shot, last round – Someone’s gonna funky/DH me – I’ll teleport…. shots fire, POP! I’m on the other side of the map. Beside Poolee. Turns out nobody shot at me – everyone else wanted to get Poolee. Goodbye cruel world! 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.