This topic contains 29 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  .–.ShoCkwaVe.–. 10 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

@picci wrote:

will this new water require higher video card performance ?

I think, it’s rather like it can take advantage of higher video card performance. 😉
    The appearance of the water will be adjustable to match your hardware (which is good for me… ;))

Deathbal
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

oceans are cool. but so are lakes with streams. having transparent water would open things up a lot.

On some maps land masses are separated by thin strips of water. It would be cool to see water rush through there quickly. Of course I don’t know what the practicality of that is.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@boy wrote:

Regarding the realistic water, is there anything in the works for a new special water explosion effect or animation?

Not yet. Should have a look at that, but I may give the land a little makeover first.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

@laptops Daddy wrote:

oceans are cool. but so are lakes with streams. having transparent water would open things up a lot.

On some maps land masses are separated by thin strips of water. It would be cool to see water rush through there quickly. Of course I don’t know what the practicality of that is.

Yes that would be great, but very very difficult 🙂

Deathbal
    Participant

Yeah I kind of figured. Because when that land mass is blown up, the water would look silly unless it reacted properly.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

What, like running water? That would be cool. I had a go at simulating water with napalm before. Didn’t work too well.

Ps:

…would open things up a lot

I meant, open things up in terms of what you could do with the levels. Like, broadening the horizons. (Not like, making the level look bigger).

Irishbandit
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@boy wrote:

Regarding the realistic water, is there anything in the works for a new special water explosion effect or animation?

Not yet. Should have a look at that, but I may give the land a little makeover first.

Post screen shots if you do we like screen shots!!! 😀 😀 😀

Thrax
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

Looks pretty wet to me too. 😀
    But i notice there’s no specific “Waves-at-Shore” setting anymore. I had
    them turned off most of the time anyway, but is this intentional as yet?

Deathstryker
    Participant

Yeah, I noticed there was no waves on the non-shader version of the water as well.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@irishbandit wrote:

Looks pretty wet to me too. 😀
    But i notice there’s no specific “Waves-at-Shore” setting anymore. I had
    them turned off most of the time anyway, but is this intentional as yet?

That’s the non-shader version, which currently does not have shore waves. I was trying to keep the shader and non-shader versions pretty similar (using the same code that is), but I may add them given time.

leilei
    Participant

Looks convincing. How does it react to ripple explosions though?

Deathstryker
    Participant

@leilei wrote:

@boy wrote:

Metal Slug Mario
    Participant

hmm… if its going to be around exploplosions that means t has to splash..u got hardware for that?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@leilei wrote:

The explosions just generate a splash. Pretty similar to before. There are no more water ripples from the explosion as I thought this was a bit un-realistic given the scale of the landscape.

doom
    Participant

you should make more detailed land. especially because the apoc mod has cities in it. it would look much more realistic that way.

plus I’m tired of hearing my fried complain about the graphics of this game 😆

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.