This topic contains 1 reply, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 12 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

I found this on the internet the other day. It’s more confirmation that a modern version of the original is in the works…

Wendell Hicken:

“As it turns out, Scorched Earth is not abandonware, merely having a slow time moving forward. In addition to ongoing licensing deals, another developer is working on a more modern version – I can’t say whether it will work out or not, but it should easily explain why I don’t want to release the source at this point. Naturally, you’re more than welcome to make your own artillery style game, and at any rate any new versions are likely to use mostly new code anyways.

Also: the regular version is still available – I just need to get off my butt and update the website. :^)”

I sadly don’t know when this was written but I thought it was interesting so I posted it.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Even better. You wanna ask him Questions, there is a Q&A section going on with him right now at Ars Technica. You can ask your question for him here:

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/39309975/m/924004279631/p/1

You’ll probably have to sign up with their forum first I dunno, haven’t tried yet.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Even better. You wanna ask him Questions, there is a Q&A section going on with him right now at Ars Technica. You can ask your question for him here:

http://episteme.arstechnica.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc/f/39309975/m/924004279631/p/1

You’ll probably have to sign up with their forum first I dunno, haven’t tried yet.

Some good questions there. Lets hope he answers them.
    Its great to see how much admiration he gets, rightly so.
    I always get a bit jumpy when people mention licensing, who said that 😉

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.