This topic contains 15 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Shotzo 11 years ago.

• Author

badshot
    Participant

would be great to be able to send “money” to other people in-game (perhaps with some % tax). As switchable option of course.
    It would be fun to “hire” people, or use for diplomacy, bribe trucers out of truce (lol), etc. Could add whole new dimension.

cbx550f
    Participant

@badshot wrote:

would be great to be able to send “money” to other people in-game (perhaps with some % tax). As switchable option of course.
    It would be fun to “hire” people, or use for diplomacy, bribe trucers out of truce (lol), etc. Could add whole new dimension.

In a team game, this would be great… something tells me it would create problems in a FFA game though. 😉

cbx

badshot
    Participant

Probably it could, but then there can be special server where capitalism will go on… it must be possible to turn this off, obviously.

I don’t see how it would be worse than trucing we have already. It seems no worse or better to “pay” somebody for aid than to buy really expensive weapons that cost a lot and don’t pay off. The price will be capitalistically set so it surelt won’t be cheap.

Another fun possibility is bets. To keep people busy during end of round.
    (of course all transactions should be visible.)

cbx550f
    Participant

The betting idea had been thrown around before – I still like that one. 🙂

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

thought about this a while back..

I agree & you have my vote.

I also wish that the one who is kind enough to barrow would receive
    atleast some form of intrest but that sounds too complex.

But yeah just *giving* money to your fellow teamates in the
    teams player options seems more plausable.

as cbx noted ffa & money lending = not a good or fair mix
    and might start atleast 15 angry forum polls LOL

but..it is a great idea badshot. 😀

hobbesme
    Participant

@.-*-.ShoCkwaVe.-*-. wrote:

ffa & money lending = not a good or fair mix
    and might start atleast 15 angry forum polls

Yeah, because all the other game features are universally accepted without argument, flame wars, or endless polls. 🙄

BOY
    Participant

I love the idea. the tax taken should be at least 25% but no more than 50% IMO. how about 40% ?

JiNx
    Participant

i like the idea to
    whatever did become of being able to bet on the winner ect was it ever considered

Brain Damage
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

In a team game, this would be great… something tells me it would create problems in a FFA game though. 😉

cbx

agreed

BOY
    Participant

should be simple enough to have this be an optional feature, so FFA servers could turn it off.

you know, betting is already in the game in the form of those little cash rewards we see in some mods… 😛 I “bet” that I can hit that cash and win it. 😛 and I “bet” that I won’t be killed in the mean time. 😆

InductiveOne
    Participant

This is possible already. Here is some stripped down version of money giving in something I’m working on (will attach a txt). Its kind of a hack and youll need to replace the jack.txt weapon model with… a model you have. To do diffrent amounts of money you need to make another weapon. I think if you wanted to you could make it only able to give money to your own team with WeaponTeamAction. You could also make it steal money. This is currently set up to let you give money to tanks 1200 units away but it could be changed to whatever.

I figure, if someone is on your team there is a reason to be able to give them money. And if someone is on the other team, its a good way to insult them, waste a round to give them 1$ or something 🙂

EDIT: The idea I had at first was a team based thing so you could buy discounted weapons but you had to give them to another teamate so they could fire them. But you could just give it to yourself and I thought the whole idea would be way too confusing and um. Not very cool. But, you can give other tanks any items like this.

jdog
    Participant

What they are more talking about is direct giving, not using a weapon. Which we most modder already knew about and use in some way in newer mods.

Hiroyuki
    Participant

Then how about a common weapons pool then for teams? Everybody buys weapons to a common pool and everybody are free to use the weapons of their choice – I have a feeling this will enhance teamplay a bit…

Shotzo
    Participant

No!! We’ll have to share our parachutes and our death heads!!

It’s MY death head — *I* BOUGHT IT!!

*team kills*

Potential scenario..

Willis
    Participant

Then how about a common weapons pool then for teams? Everybody buys weapons to a common pool and everybody are free to use the weapons of their choice – I have a feeling this will enhance teamplay a bit…

Sounds too confusing, like if you have 1 baby roller and 3 people wanting to use it… what then?

@shotzo wrote:

No!! We’ll have to share our parachutes and our death heads!!

It’s MY death head — *I* BOUGHT IT!!

*team kills*

Potential scenario..

Yeah, it would be. So be it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.