This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 9 years ago.

• Author

doom
    Participant

Mods are awesome! each one has it’s own unique style and strategy with it. everything from the apoc mod, to the S-wars mod, have their own unque weapons and game play. I can’t even BEGIN to describe how someone could POSSIBLY hate anything as awesome as a mod. except that you suck at mods and prefer the default because you’re better at sucking there than at the mod servers.

so go play a mod now! MODS RULE!

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Advertising like this is why people avoid mods. Tell me I suck and I will respond to your suggestion only to prove to you I don’t suck? Your post on the MCB tourney was more damaging to mods than it was helpful. What is our motivation? If we play mods we will get to enjoy the company of ppl like you who trash talk for no reason what-so-ever in a post about a tournament that a lot of regulars responded to? Sounds like a great bonus prize! I play mods from time to time but I enjoy main, main is my “Cheers” my hang out before I go to bed my familiar faces and familiar friends that are here consistantly. If you want people to play mods advertise a little better. Instead of telling us how stupid we are tell us how much the mods have to offer and remember that the “mods” are based off of the awesome game that we are enjoying in main just tweeked a bit. Doom hate to say it but you did more damage than you did good to mods in your last two post.

If you want to advertise for mods get some tourneys started. People are not responding to this tourney cuz it’s MCB they are responding cuz they are hungry for a tournament. It might take a few for people to respond but we play this game for the competition and to prove skill and to puff our chest. Right now main is stale very stale as far as having a chance to “prove” yourself goes and now would be an awesome time to advertise for mods. However this mudslinging name calling stuff….. well it’s not gonna cut the mustard. If your goal is to keep people away from mods doom so you can have a chance then you are doing a great job. If you really want some competition think before you speak.

Irishbandit
    Participant

MODs are cool more people need to play them… or not thats there choice. A sad choice but still a choice.

doom
    Participant

meh, a stupid choice. and the mcb “mod” has a baby missile and a missle. yeah. REAL creative. it’s like the default game stripped of everything except the bare minimum. I think it should be turned into a missile mod.

Thrax
    Participant

@doom wrote:

meh, a stupid choice. and the mcb “mod” has a baby missile and
    a missle. yeah. REAL creative. it’s like the default game stripped of
    everything except the bare minimum. I think it should be turned into
    a missile mod.

Actually, only a Missile, Parachute, Batts, and a “Nothing” to use
    if you run out of Missiles.

It’s exactly what some players wanted, so I catered to thier wishs.
    I’d rather they chose to move thier playing style there and be happy, than
    keep demanding limits on the main servers that other players don’t want.

Other players crave Challange and Variety, so of course I also offer a
    selection of other choices. It’s up to the players own interests to play
    where they want.
    I don’t force them to do anything, I only offer the Choice.

In Theory, the ‘none’ is also a Mod. It’s merely the -first mod-,
    designed to match the 2D versions selection. The only reason it
    appears unbalanced, is because there were no massive rigorous
    testing done on the weapons and shields to exactly match the
    old classic. I don’t really have that kind of time to do it myself, but
    if anyone does, and sends in thier findings, I’m almost certian that
    it would be appreciated.

BOOYA
    Participant

LOL mods are great variety bottom line. if u dont like them its prolly cuz u didnt give em a try for more than a round or two or u care too much about the rankings on the main. ranking shmanking! i know im good! i need no rankings on main site to tell me that! try merge, its all aroun fun. not over the top, just right blend of sheilds and weps that are cool. the default was fun UNTILL i got good years ago. im a lil more high speed now. thanks to all who aid in mods!!! BRING ACK SUPER HERO’S AND BLAME CANADA. just throwin that out there!

HAPPY HUNTING!!

BOOYA!!!!!!!!!!

Thrax
    Participant

@booya wrote:

LOL mods are great variety bottom line. if u dont like them its prolly cuz
    u didnt give em a try for more than a round or two or u care too much about
    the rankings on the main. ranking shmanking! i know im good! i need no rankings
    on main site to tell me that! try merge, its all aroun fun. not over the top, just
    right blend of sheilds and weps that are cool. the default was fun UNTILL i got
    good years ago. im a lil more high speed now. thanks to all who aid in mods!!!
    BRING ACK SUPER HERO’S AND BLAME CANADA. just throwin that out there!
    HAPPY HUNTING!!
    BOOYA!!!!!!!!!!

Leatherwolf hosts his Super-Hero’s mod himself. I’ll remind him that there
    are fan’s waiting.
    As for the server named blame-canada, it’s still there. I simply labled them
    all in a Standard format so that players were less afraid, and to help keep
    the stats database more efficient.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.