This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Secret_shot
    Participant

I Love Scorched 3D. I like the railway gun model that’s in the game but i was wondering if someone could remodel it off of the K5 Railways gun used extensively by the Germans during the war. I have attached a picture of it from an artillery book, I’ll do some research for more details if required. If anyone is good at modeling and would want to take this challenge on that would be awesome.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Did this all day,enjoy!

KB 😀

ArmorWraith
    Participant

how is it? 😀

Secret_shot
    Participant

Yeah man that’s awesome, i don’t know if i installed it right but is it supposed to be all one texture? Oh and the front of the box car section i believe is square and doesn’t come to a point but I’ll check. I love the model though. Awesome job man, i was really thinking no one was going to help.

Secret_shot
    Participant

Hey man i found a picture of the k-5 in a modern museum in the USA. here’s the picture probably much easier to model from

ArmorWraith
    Participant

yes it is all a single texture mapped from a google image, i did take a few shortcuts designing it, you wont notice them in the game. yes the point is there, i took a shortcut to lower filesize, bt if you want, i can adjust the front to be more boxlike.

Secret_shot
    Participant

Yeah man file size and performance don’t matter i got a high end system, looking more for realism, but yeah the model is awesome! Where do i put the texture? and stuff, i figured out how to get the model working but the texture is confusing me. probably something very simple

ArmorWraith
    Participant

i have noticed alot of variations of the k5m so i went with a simple one, basic rail gun.

notice the texture scarring on the cannon, not a big deal but it may displease some.

Secret_shot
    Participant

Dude that looks awesome, is there anyway to fix the texture on the barrel? if it’s a huge pain in the butt, np. But i love the model man!

ArmorWraith
    Participant

fixed cannon*

new file below

would you like any camo patterns or something on them, i have photoshop, can whip one up if you desire?

Secret_shot
    Participant

um no camo isn’t needed, that is a F*@#ing amazing model man you are an all star! =D> =D> . Thanks man can’t wait to play with this! Oh and by the way i love how you made the whole model move for the rotation, and not just the barrel, looked really weird in the built in rail gun model. Thanks man, that’s awesome!

ArmorWraith
    Participant

incase you change you mind, heres a camo one, compliments of me. 😀

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I hope he comes back someday, I would really like to make a better model for him now that I have a better knowledge base.

heh they all go so fast.

armor

Secret_shot
    Participant

Hey I’d love a new model just havn’t played in a while thanks for posting again and it popped up in my inbox.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

What would you like mr. I can do anything non organic pretty well, will move on to organic someday. 🙂

Armor

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.