This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 7 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

ArmorWraith
    Participant

This is more of a help, but it may turn out to be a bug.

Did you adjust anything relating to model transparencies and color?

My select missile models have decided not to appear their original colors and show their semi transparent flame trails and color.

They worked fine before the update. I turned off all new setting and tried this again, same results?

notice the blue has been rendered differently, i have 3 other models doing the same thing, all with a transparent tail like this one.

I hope its just a glitch [-o< Im really sorry for bugging you with this. 😳 Kanga

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Are all the parts of the model using textures? or are some just using a base color?

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Base colors for the flame and textures for the body.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The models can only use all textures or all base colors I think, its an optimization so theres less state switching.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

hmm inconvenient.

kanga

imported_gcamp
    Participant

For games things are all about performance. As you know in a lot of cases all of the model would actualy be textured using parts from the same texture. This also speeds things up by having less textures being swapped. S3D has always been pretty lax in these things but as we try and speed things up we need to make some small changes.

We should also probably make developers provide a low/med/high rez versions of all the models so the LOD can work but perhaps later.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

hmm, this could get tricky.

milkshape wont cut it soon.

Kanga

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.