This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  M. O. 12 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

M. O.
    Participant

Would you Play on the Missile range more with Stats or without stats.

Missile Range options

1 BBM’s Only
    2 Chutes Only
    3 you get hit you die.

No batts & no fuel to escape

Panther30
    Participant

need a “I can’t hit the broadside of a barn”option for this poll.

Miroslav
    Participant

oh MO i’ve forgotten about missile range:)
    But problem is that there are no players on that server:(
    i,ve played few times with bots , but its no fun..
    RANKS could be the reason of that.. im sure there’ll be more players if we could check the stats (this time the real skill:))

but ill like to see them on the official site… dont know if its possible?

so my vote is : Yes with stats

see ya there:)

M. O.
    Participant

10% votes vs Lookieloos will not get it there I need everyone that can to vote on this. I does take some work and I want to make sure that it will be worth my time.

Vote Please!

BOY
    Participant

M.O. I did not vote yet, but I will say that, yes, stats will get ppl to play more.

On skills, the only way to rate skills with total accuracy is by 1v1 duel between two players only, such as in a tournament where the winning player moves on. Because of the random nature of the choices that a third party makes, the scores of the other two players are influenced based on those choices which are out of their control. Think of three tennis players all three playing against each other, does that make sense? Any other way of scoring skill is imperfect

Having said that, the BBM range stats, if based on nothing other than kills, would be a Big improvement over the current method.

I suggest the following adjustments, tell me what you think.

1. Extreem wind and terrain conditions making it impossible to reach an opponent at 1000 power must be eliminated (walls always wrap around is a good idea

2. Dont forget to disable tank death explosions

3. Each player is given a very small amount of money, intrest rate is set low and no money is awarded for kills or round wins.

4. buying options are limited to parachutes, batteries, and missiles. Eliminating selling would be cool too.

5. Base the kill score on a point system calculated by health / damage taken. That way a stolen kill will not affect the score. This will make it fair when two players target one player and both do damage but second hit is awarded kill even thought the health is like 5

Dr Folamour
    Participant

If Stats can help for have more players,so i vote “Yes with stats”.

(i like the Boy’s adjustments too)

😉

M. O.
    Participant

ok I’m gonna work on the stats setup but I want to know who said they were to good for just bbm’s. 🙂
    🙄

AcidjacK
    Participant

@m. O. wrote:

ok I’m gonna work on the stats setup but I want to know who said they were to good for just bbm’s. 🙂
    🙄

I don’t 😀

M. O.
    Participant

For the benefit of all STAT HO’S; Beginning on friday the Missile Range will have stats and a stat page for your viewing Pleasure Please enjoy and remember that if it get’s out of hand I have the power to pull the plug 🙂

Ebonite
    Participant

Oh. Too bad I couldn’t hit a barn if I was inside it…

Panther30
    Participant

Heh I voted…. finally

M. O.
    Participant

It’s up I need testers 🙂

hobbesme
    Participant

@m. O. wrote:

It’s up I need testers 🙂

Ironically, since you posted this I haven’t seen M.O.’s MissileRange online!

And I either play on the “official” server or on yours, so I’ll play when it comes back online.

Thanks!

M. O.
    Participant

OK Got all the bugs out and it is up and logging stats now no website to display them yet but soon and I did make it by friday like I said

San Diego Time 🙂

Willis
    Participant

I treid to goto the missile range – it said I didn’t have the right mod’s needed and the server did not allow in-game downloading. So if you want me to play, where do I download? 😕

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.