This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  kyrsjo 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

DeVice
    Participant

Note that this only work with the LEFT shift key, as far as i know.

ymmotrojam
    Participant

whatever the root of the problem is, the main way to fix it for most people is just the ability to type the power, angle in manually.

kyrsjo
    Participant

just tested. sideways and up+down works great, but if i press shift while using page up or page down, the movement stopps. applies whether i first push shift and then pagex or first pagex and then shift…

imported_gcamp
    Participant

That is because shift for power only works with the +/- keys.
    Not the page up/down keys. You can edit keys.xml to change this if you want.

dracon23
    Participant

I would like to note that it is best to use the +/- keys on the number key pad to the right of the page up/down. 😆

Anonymous
    Participant

btw is it possible to incorperate the entire numberpad for use with the slowdown/speed up keys? when I tried using the number pad directionals all it did is what the mouse does for the viewpoint. this happens with or without the ‘numlock’.

dracon23

dracon23
    Participant

sorry forgot to log in on that last 😆

imported_gcamp
    Participant

You can change what the number pad keys do by editing the keys.xml file. Currenly the numlock state is not a modifier that is supported by this file. In english this means that having the numlock on or off has no effect on the key function :).

I am thinking of changing the numpad to do a first person like control of the camera instead. I never use it to control the camera the way it is now.

Does anyone currently use the numpad to control the camera?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

That is because shift for power only works with the +/- keys.
    Not the page up/down keys. You can edit keys.xml to change this if you want.

Ok, I have edited the keys.xml file so the shift and control keys work with the page up/down keys as well.

kyrsjo
    Participant

great! no +/- numpad keys on my laptop! 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.