This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  kyrsjo 13 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

ymmotrojam
    Participant

CHAT FEATURES
    The chat feature is an awesome feature! I like being able to communicate with others on my team and feel like I’m a part of something “important.” But like anything else, it can be abused very easily. It would be awesome if one had to ability to replace certain words received from other players into something else. For example, maybe I don’t want people swearing at me, I would love it if I could just have the offending word be replaced with *. Those that are admins here will understand this because this type of feature is also a feature in this forum. Another chat feature I would like to see is a url catcher. It would keep a log of all urls submitted through chat.

WINDOW FEATURES
    It would be cool if the different windows like the map or wind or score board could be docked to any edge of the screen. This way you would have to keep going into the Windows menu to view them. Maybe even part of the window could be visible when it was docked so one could just hover over it and it would pop out. Of course one can choose not to use this feature, but I realize trhat many different windows don’t need to be visible all the time, but may want to be easily accessible all the time. Also, if it’s a window that you want visible when it’s your turn, it could automatically pop out when it’s needed. For example, if there’s no wind, why show the wind window? One effect that would be nice is that when those docked items are hovered over, it would be nice if they faded into view like the menus of the start menu in windows xp.

ymmotrojam
    Participant

I didn’t see this on the todo list or atleast I didn’t recognize it on there so here it is:

It would be nice if I could edit the numbers when I am aligning my shot or raising or lowering my power. Many times I press the keyboard buttons and I either accidentally raise the power to much or to little and I miss my target because of that. It would be wonderful if I could type a custom setting in for my shot. This will help people be more exact and people won’t have to use those powerful weapons just to hit the target cause they can’t get the settings aligned the way they want.

dracon23
    Participant

I definately like these ideas especially the manual edit for coordinates to target. That should be a relatively easy add to the next version. 😀 It shure would make things a lot easier.

dracon23

ymmotrojam
    Participant

Maybe another feature could be the option of having volcanoes. If one blows up a colcano, it could be a mess… 😆

Deathstryker
    Participant

About your coordinates prob: Have you tried using Ctrl and Shift keys to speed up or slow down your coodinate movement cause I don’t have too big of a prob when I use these keys.

ymmotrojam
    Participant

I think my problem has to do with my slower computer lagging as far as the frame rates and when I hit the + or – keys for more or less power, it tends to jump farther than I want it to. Either way, if I could edit the number manually, that would be awesome and get rid of a lot of misses just because the power jumped farther than I wanted it to.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Oh I understand your situation more clearly now. In your case, to manually enter your coordinates would, indeed, be nice.

kyrsjo
    Participant

think “slowdown-key” only works for sideways movement…

Deathstryker
    Participant

Oh ok. Maybe you are right. Sorry about that.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Hopefuly not, the slowdown/speedup keys should work for all movement and power keys.

dracon23
    Participant

my computer is fast BUT every thing runs through the processor. (integrated graphics) so I also have this small problem. but like Gcamp says it does work for all three. power, rotation, angle. it is just the frame rate sometimes messes one up any way.

dracon23

kyrsjo
    Participant

are you supposed to push controll+shift+(up,dwn,sideways,power)?

dracon23
    Participant

no you have to press and hold the shift key on the left of your keyboard while making any adjustments. if you press the left control key it speeds it up.

this is in the readme file that comes with the game and is accessable during game by pressing the “h” key (press again to make the window go away)

dracon23

kyrsjo
    Participant

hmm… shift dont work for power for me. BTW i use the Linux port

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Are you using the +/- keys for power?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.