This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Rommel 8 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Nater
    Participant

Hey All – check it out, my old forum account is still around!

Anyway, apologies if this has already been addressed, but I didn’t find anything specific searching. I’m wondering if it would be possible/difficult to make mid-round disconnecting work effectively like a resign. ie instead of disappearing immediately, as now, the tank would stick around to the end of the shot (to avoid unfairly stealing a kill), then disappear. Players rejoining would be handled as now. (Not sure how that is – whether they’re replaced in the same location, or have to wait for the next round.)

Anyway, the point is, if somebody had a bead on you and was going to kill you that very shot, it doesn’t seem like that should be avoided by a disconnect, whether intentional or otherwise.

Thoughts?

Thrax
    Participant

@nater wrote:

Anyway, apologies if this has already been addressed, but I didn’t find anything
    specific searching. I’m wondering if it would be possible/difficult to make mid-
    round disconnecting work effectively like a resign. ie instead of disappearing
    immediately, as now, the tank would stick around to the end of the shot (to
    avoid unfairly stealing a kill), then disappear. Players rejoining would be
    handled as now. (Not sure how that is – whether they’re replaced in the
    same location, or have to wait for the next round.)

Anyway, the point is, if somebody had a bead on you and was going to kill
    you that very shot, it doesn’t seem like that should be avoided by a
    disconnect, whether intentional or otherwise.

Thoughts?

At the moment, it is handled better than before. If a player quits or DC’s
    during a shooting turn, the Tank is not removed till after the shots complete.
    This stops twit players from avoiding a death by pulling out, and then returning
    right after. It simply counts it as a exit after the turn ends; no penalty other
    than a posible death.

Nater
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@nater wrote:

Anyway, apologies if this has already been addressed, but I didn’t find anything
    specific searching. I’m wondering if it would be possible/difficult to make mid-
    round disconnecting work effectively like a resign. ie instead of disappearing
    immediately, as now, the tank would stick around to the end of the shot (to
    avoid unfairly stealing a kill), then disappear. Players rejoining would be
    handled as now. (Not sure how that is – whether they’re replaced in the
    same location, or have to wait for the next round.)

Anyway, the point is, if somebody had a bead on you and was going to kill
    you that very shot, it doesn’t seem like that should be avoided by a
    disconnect, whether intentional or otherwise.

Thoughts?

At the moment, it is handled better than before. If a player quits or DC’s
    during a shooting turn, the Tank is not removed till after the shots complete.
    This stops twit players from avoiding a death by pulling out, and then returning
    right after. It simply counts it as a exit after the turn ends; no penalty other
    than a posible death.

Oh.. that’s exactly what I was suggesting. I could have sworn a tank disappeared in mid-shot on me.

Wait.. during a shooting turn. Do you mean after the shot has already been fired, during the animation phase? I’m talking about a disconnect during the aiming phase.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Nater:

You are correct. As Thrax implied, this issue was addressed recently. Although it still exists, it is no longer a problem. It is now a feature.

The Cheata-Shoota feature works like this :

If you are about to be killed, you can escape. This is accomplished by waiting for your opponet to lock in their shot without locking in one of your own. When their tank stops flashing, you disconnect. This allows the “TOP NOTCH” players to rob sporting players out of a kill and possibly an expensive weapon.

If you need expert advice, evil bastage should be able to give you some pointers on how to best utilzie this feature.

Best wishes,

Rommel

Jurily
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

If you are about to be killed, you can escape. This is accomplished by waiting for your opponet to lock in their shot without locking in one of your own. When their tank stops flashing, you disconnect. This allows the “TOP NOTCH” players to rob sporting players out of a kill and possibly an expensive weapon.

I understand you’re joking, but isn’t that exactly why we have a delay on resigns?

Nater
    Participant

@jurily wrote:

@rommel wrote:

I understand you’re joking, but isn’t that exactly why we have a delay on resigns?

Yes, which is why I suggested an easy fix might be to have the same delay on disconnects.

Now, I understand even seemingly ‘easy’ changes take development time, so I certainly wouldn’t expect this to be now now now, but if it could be considered in a future release, that’d be awesome.

Rommel
    Participant

Joking? I wasn’t joking.
    @jurily wrote:

@rommel wrote:

It works as I have described it. The only defense at this time is to delay locking in your shot until the timer hits 1.

WARNING : Lag may prevent you from being able to fire if you shoot after the timer turns to red.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.