This topic contains 48 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  hinterfeld 1 week, 4 days ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #53676

    BOY
    Participant

    @Db wrote:

    when you consider the mental lightweight named Jimmy Carter, not only one of the worst US Presidents in history, but one of the worst world leaders that has ever led a country in the history of this world. That includes, Hitler. Jimmy Carter is still having a negative effect on our economy 30 years after he is out of office.

    ROFL. Mental lightweight. Very accurate.

    However, the connection between Hitler and Carter is pretty slim. Hitler was as far as I figure, a very intelligent but very evil man. Carter is neither of those. He’s just completely stupid.

    #53677

    Rommel
    Participant

    I can’t agree with any of the assesment of Jimmy Carter but would like to point out how amusing I find it to see Palin supporters using the term “mental lightweight.”

    @boy wrote:

    @Db wrote:

    when you consider the mental lightweight named Jimmy Carter, not only one of the worst US Presidents in history, but one of the worst world leaders that has ever led a country in the history of this world. That includes, Hitler. Jimmy Carter is still having a negative effect on our economy 30 years after he is out of office.

    ROFL. Mental lightweight. Very accurate.

    However, the connection between Hitler and Carter is pretty slim. Hitler was as far as I figure, a very intelligent but very evil man. Carter is neither of those. He’s just completely stupid.

    If anyone from Saturday Night Live finds this in a timely fashion, I think this topic might make a decent skit:

    If Sarah was God

    “Jesus was such a mental lightweight, he should have pulled the cross out of the ground and flew around the town spitting fire like a dragon. That’s what Sarah would do I bet, if she was God.”

    ===========================================================

    “This is a picture of my wife Sargent.”
    “I say, she’s a bit homely, isn’t she sir?”
    “What do you mean Sargent?”
    “I mean, not attractive to man sir.” – Monty Python – War Noises (semi -quoted from memory)

    #53678

    Deathbal
    Participant

    Rommel, in case you didn’t know, Saturday night live is a comedy, it’s not real. Going by your last post, I am under the impression that you take it seriously. I assure you, it is comedy, totally fictional to get some laughs.

    This is how I see this election. We’ll take Pro football (not soccer)for example. The Detroit Lions are a horrible team. Obama comes up to the owner of the Detroit Lions and says, I have never coached highschool football or college football, but you should hire me as the new coach of the Detroit Lions because the current coach is so bad. And I can make one hell of a speech.

    I don’t vote for walk ons. I don’t care how pretty they are. IMO in order to be President of the United States you had better have some experience in running something. Anything. As far as I am concerned, Obama is not qualified to be mayor of the small town I live in, let alone President of the USA.

    I don’t even think McCain is ready to be President. Lets face it, he’s a Senator. All Senators do is vote. But we don’t have the luxury of anything but a Senator in this election. And the longer you are a Senator, the more experience you have in politics. So IMO the most experience out of the 4 candidates would be Sarah Palin. Followed by Joe Biden, then John McCain, and then Barack Hussein Obama.

    #53679

    BOY
    Participant

    I admit it. I have the hots for Sarah Palin. It has nothing to do with politics, I SWEAR!

    At least she has a track record, in fact all of them have a track record of some kind…. except that is B.O. What did he ever do? Notice how increadibly vauge he is in every way. Also notice how everyone he’s involved with is corrupted?

    #53680

    Deathbal
    Participant

    @boy wrote:

    I admit it. I have the hots for Sarah Palin. It has nothing to do with politics, I SWEAR!

    At least she has a track record, in fact all of them have a track record of some kind…. except that is B.O. What did he ever do? Notice how increadibly vauge he is in every way. Also notice how everyone he’s involved with is corrupted?

    Yes I noticed. They are not the people he once knew :roll:. At some point you have to ask yourself, what is going on?

    It doesn’t seem to matter according to the polls. But polls are just that, polls. You never know. It just seems that the people of this country will elect anyone besides a Republican and they trust the Democratic party in their selection no matter what.

    #53681

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    Yes. Abortions for some, miniature American flags for others.

    This is all very interesting. Many of us are watching with intrigue from across the sea. Some root for Obama. Yes, hes a prat, but his smile looks almost genuine. Others root quietly for McCain. More guns = more dead people, after all, and you can never have too many dead people.

    Still others try not to watch. Squinting through the gaps between our fingers, eyes covered, maintaining our usual, dignified, slightly superior exasperation as the US republicans somehow continue to draw support, despite their policies seemingly being at odds with every progressive ideology advocated in the developed world.

    Yes, all very interesting.

    I think you should ask yourselves, would you trust whichever candidate with your budgie, child, or significant other? If the answers no…

    Oh, yes – two party system. I guess we can buy more budgies. (Probably)

    @deathbal wrote:

    …It just seems that the people of this country will elect anyone besides a Republican and they trust the Democratic party in their selection no matter what.

    : ) Lets hope so, yes?

    #53682

    Deathbal
    Participant

    Better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and now have one. That equals dead too.

    What do you mean by “progressive ideology”? I ask because I do not want to make assumptions.

    The Republicans draw support because they are for smaller Federal Government.

    They are for punishment over rehabilitation.

    They are for “Pay your own way” over Robinhood policies.

    They are for fighting fire with fire as opposed to diplomacy vs fire.

    They believe in, you can judge a man by the friends he keeps.

    You cannot say any of the above when concerning the Democratic party in the USA. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

    #53683

    Viking62
    Participant

    All I can saw is thanks to the runners up for president & the vice president slots. I am starting to think our govern”mental” system thinks we are all on crack. The failing monetary system (Bush/Mccain/Rothschilds/Rockefellers), Google it!…… candidate with big anti-U.S. issues in the closet (cough))B.O. [-X . We have seen many political promises from past officials :^o (construed as: sighted leading the blind).

    Like BTO put it……. BBBBBbaby…Ya aint seen nuthin yet

    & to top it off-The government wants more of our $$ to dump into the $700+ Billion pile–But, it is only $300 or so, Billion. . . . I think we are moving beyond a mere crisis now! A new president/vice will have this fixed in no time=Wrong!!! More people will be out of work soon (credit crisis)…. Voter fraud…. lies…. People:We are in trouble.
    1)”And nobody has the answers” , or it would be getting better already–
    2) A puppet master(s) pulling the global strings & huge global changes are coming–

    Sorry P.O.M.–Did’nt mean to slander ya there 😉
    Thx for reading “my” rant 😕

    #53684

    Laptops Daddy
    Participant

    I think I could probably answer that by listing the inverse of three of your bullet points. : ) Very nicely put. But I was thinking more as I wrote, of attitudes towards homosexuals, animal rights, religious tolerance and environmental issues. Of course, as you say, human rights violations and ‘finger on the button’ war ethics are grave concerns. (thats a ref to items two, four and five).

    @deathbal wrote:

    Better to have a gun and not need it than need a gun and now have one. That equals dead too.

    What do you mean by “progressive ideology”? I ask because I do not want to make assumptions.

    The Republicans draw support because they are for smaller Federal Government.

    They are for punishment over rehabilitation.

    They are for “Pay your own way” over Robinhood policies.

    They are for fighting fire with fire as opposed to diplomacy vs fire.

    They believe in, you can judge a man by the friends he keeps.

    You cannot say any of the above when concerning the Democratic party in the USA. But hey, whatever floats your boat.

    Ps:
    That Palins a scary lady, isnt she? Not often you get a political candidate who makes Bush look intelligent. Couldnt get much worse, I suppose. I guess thats positive.

    Pps:
    “They believe in, you can judge a man by the friends he keeps.”
    that sounds almost nationalistic when applied in an international context. dont you think thats scary?

    #53685

    Viking62
    Participant

    1929 economic crash….
    “While the crash only took place six months ago, I am convinced we have now passed through the worst — and with continued unity of effort we shall rapidly recover. There has been no significant bank or industrial failure. That danger, too, is safely behind us.”
    – Herbert Hoover, President of the United States, May 1, 1930

    “…by May or June the spring recovery forecast in our letters of last December and November should clearly be apparent…”
    – HES May 17, 1930

    “Gentleman, you have come sixty days too late. The depression is over.”
    – Herbert Hoover, responding to a delegation requesting a public works program to help speed the recovery, June 1930

    16. “… irregular and conflicting movements of business should soon give way to a sustained recovery…”
    – HES June 28, 1930

    17. “… the present depression has about spent its force…”
    – HES, Aug 30, 1930

    18. “We are now near the end of the declining phase of the depression.”
    – HES Nov 15, 1930

    19. “Stabilization at [present] levels is clearly possible.”
    – HES Oct 31, 1931

    20. “All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed… and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S.”
    – President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933

    #20) The government ordered the return of privately owned Gold (U.S.Citizen owned) to the U.S. government….. in return for paper treasury notes-The U.S. Dollar. People were also issued Fuel,food staple stamps (rations)–I have some leftover from my grandparents.

    Was told about this by my grandparents….hope we don’t go that far….


    Forgotten quotes


    no less important today
    “Every man, and every body of men on earth, possesses the right of self-government.”
    –Opinion on Residence Bill, 1790. ME 3:60

    That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves.”

    “One man with courage is a majority.”

    “The steady character of our countrymen is a rock to which we may safely moor.”
    –Thomas Jefferson to Elbridge Gerry, 1801. ME 10:255

    “The government which can wield the arm of the people must be the strongest possible.”
    –Thomas Jefferson to Isaac Weaver, Jr., 1807. ME 11:221

    “Every nation has a right to govern itself internally under what forms it pleases, and to change these forms at its own will.”
    –Thomas Jefferson to Thomas Pinckney, 1792. ME 9:7

    “Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom”

    “A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine.”

    “A Bill of Rights is what the people are entitled to against every government, and what no just government should refuse, or rest on inference.”

    An association of men who will not quarrel with one another is a thing which has never yet existed, from the greatest confederacy of nations down to a town meeting or a vestry.

    “Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies.”

    “Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.”

    “Of all the systems of morality, ancient or modern which have come under my observation, none appears to me so pure as that of Jesus.”

    “The Constitution is a mere thing of wax in the hands of the judiciary, which they may twist and shape into any form they please.” [Sept 6, 1819]

    “The germ of dissolution of our federal government is in the constitution of the federal Judiciary”

    They were great with words back then…………

    #53686

    Deathbal
    Participant

    @laptops Daddy wrote:

    I think I could probably answer that by listing the inverse of three of your bullet points. : ) Very nicely put. But I was thinking more as I wrote, of attitudes towards homosexuals, animal rights, religious tolerance and environmental issues. Of course, as you say, human rights violations and ‘finger on the button’ war ethics are grave concerns. (thats a ref to items two, four and five).

    Ps:
    That Palins a scary lady, isnt she? Not often you get a political candidate who makes Bush look intelligent. Couldnt get much worse, I suppose. I guess thats positive.

    Pps:
    “They believe in, you can judge a man by the friends he keeps.”
    that sounds almost nationalistic when applied in an international context. dont you think thats scary?

    By scary you mean…..she talks like the average person and not a polished politician? When asked a question she cannot cleverly conceal the fact she did not answer it with political double talk? Yes, Bush and many others can do that really well. The fact that Palin is human does not scare me. The fact that other politicians talk like robots with a script does not impress me.

    The reason I am right of center after all of these years is not because of McCain or Palin. It’s because I disagree with 99% of everything Obama and most of the Democratic party has said in “this” campaign. Why would I vote for someone that is against my interests?

    #53687

    Deathbal
    Participant

    I think I could probably answer that by listing the inverse of three of your bullet points. : ) Very nicely put. But I was thinking more as I wrote, of attitudes towards homosexuals, animal rights, religious tolerance and environmental issues. Of course, as you say, human rights violations and ‘finger on the button’ war ethics are grave concerns. (thats a ref to items two, four and five).

    Well, I can touch on one of the issues. Many people here in the states do not generally believe in man enduced global warming. Even less want higher gas prices or taxes on what they believe to be a myth. Especially when it comes to our government. They’ll say anything to raise your taxes whether it’s true or false, as long as the money keeps rolling in.

    #53688

    Viking62
    Participant

    @deathbal wrote:

    They’ll say anything to raise your taxes whether it’s true or false, as long as the money keeps rolling in.

    Sadly, this seems more true as time goes by.

    Has anyone heard anything more on the topic of Polosi wanting to inject 300 Billion more into the economy?

    #53689

    Deathbal
    Participant

    God no. I haven’t heard much on that one. What did she say it was for?

    #53690

    Rommel
    Participant

    “Fear is the mind killer.” – DUNE by Frank Herbert *

    “The sky is falling! We must mortgage the childrens’ futures, TODAY!

    (3 days later …)
    Ok, it didn’t fall, but it will soon. LOOK! Cracks!

    (Several special interest additions later …)
    With the approval of your elected representatives and the continued silence of the Supreme Court, we have, once again, been granted unconstitutional power to do whatever we think is best for you and yours. Thanks you guys, all of you. You’re really swell.

    In order to prevent the end of the world as we know it, hengh hengh, thanks Remy, we must invest heavily in the failed business ventures of some of my friends. These investments will be guaranteed by the sweat and property holdings of the American people, their children, and their children’s children for as many generations as may be required for repayment with interest.

    Is someone grumbling, that sure sounded like someone grumbling.

    Tyre tyre tyre, nukclur Korea, Hugo Chevas, nukclur Iran, tyre tyre tyre.
    No retirement, no Social Security, no job at the car lot. NO JOBS AT ALL !!!
    Tyre tyre tyre, nukclur Korea, Hugo Chevas, nukclur Iran, tyre tyre tyre.

    It is critical that we make as many of these investments as possible before the end of my term. What we need is another surge! A surge in spending! Mr. Paulson has assured me that he can invest vast sums with great haste. Not only does he have my full faith and confidence, he now has a credit card with your name on it.” – Rommel’s parody of Mr. Bush and the economic emergency

    “After we’re gone, just in case this shit hits the fan; Don’t use fans, use air condititioning. – Bush Administration Exit Stratagy (Fall of 2008)” – Rommel Copyright – Oct. 17, 2008 Not to be reused without my express permission and a cut of the profits. The American dream lives.

    Wishing health and happiness for all,

    Rommel

    * Frank Herbert is one of my favorite novelists. If you don’t read any of his other works, I hope you will read THE WHITE PLAGUE. It is by far his best work (in my opinion) due to the fact that it occurs on Earth, during our time and the circumstances in the novel are almost identical to what we are experiencing today. More importanly, the recent decoding of the human genome, make the likelyhood of this work of fiction being a predicition of the future, a very real possiblity.

    Another “fiction” novel that you might enjoy is THE WIND CHILL FACTOR – by Thomas Gifford. There is a movie with the same name but it is not this story:

    The President of the United States of America rises from obscurity and seems to be involved in a plot for world domination. The Nazis that escaped Germany with the help of the United States of America haven’t just been sipping coffee in South America all of these years, they’ve been implementing their plan for the 2,000 year Reich. This novel, although published in 1975, may be more timely now than it was then.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.