This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Viking62 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

BigBear
    Participant

For all of those of you english speakers that always wanted to learn another language, here’s a quick guide that will have you speaking some very usefull swedish phrases in notime. Now don’t waste any more time being monolingual and click that link, you know you want to! 😉

Jock
    Participant

Oh my god! I have just wet myself laughing 😛

Rommel
    Participant

Big Bear:

Being a big fan of the Muppets, I thought I already knew a catchy phrase in Swedish:@bigbear wrote:

For all of those of you english speakers that always wanted to learn another language, here’s a quick guide that will have you speaking some very usefull swedish phrases in notime. Now don’t waste any more time being monolingual and click that link, you know you want to! 😉

It seems that “Ferdy ferdy ferdy.” Isn’t as well known amoung the Swedish as I had assumed. In fact, no one had a clue except my co-workers although it was great fun saying that to the bar maids.

Can you shed some light some light on what it is that the Swedish Chef says, or is it just jibberish?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know.

Rommel

BigBear
    Participant

@rommel wrote:

Can you shed some light some light on what it is that the Swedish Chef says, or is it just jibberish?

Inquiring Minds Want to Know.

Rommel

I loved the Swedish Chef (although my absolute favourite was always Animal) when I watched the Muppets as a kid. It is indeed all gibberish or mock swedish, supposedly based on the vowel sounds of the swedish language as heard by american ears ;). For some interesting background material on the character check out the Chef’s wikipedia entry. Enjoy! 🙂

@ jock
    Yeah I thought you’d enjoy that! 😉 The poor brit trying to speak the phrases actually reminded me of you and the reaction I’d expect you to have being presented with that task heh.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

Zee Svedeesh edmeen Beeg Beer is indeed a veese-a beeg beer. Thunk yuoo fureeegn Beeg Beer fur zee leenk, I veesh yuoo guud teedings in thees festeefe-a seesun. Bork Bork Bork!

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Bork

Deathbal
    Participant

That was hysterical. And that guy did better than me. 😆

HWB
    Participant

I didn’t think it was funny at all. You know people have to speak like that. Its inhumane. 😉

Viking62
    Participant

Awe-sum-a-gorda ❗

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.