This topic contains 18 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 11 years ago.

• Author

Brain Damage
    Participant

since i heard so many people “i hate this map”, 😛 and i don’t like it as it is neither; i would propose to change the placement mask of the glaciation map:

1st: set the maxium limit to allow tanks to be placed even on top of the hills
    2nd: create a custom placement mask that avoids for tanks to be spawned at the edge of the map; because of the high slopes even with 0 wind it’s almost always impossible to shoot far (and with little wind not even close)

please post your feedback

few screenshots as example:

BigBear
    Participant

I concurr without hesitation!

I know that quite a few people think that this map should be removed. However, I believe it could be very interesting if the player positioning was improved a bit.

BOY
    Participant

absolutely right!!

perhaps lower the occurance of this map as well. Unless it can be edited to create more random terrain like the originals.

Deathstryker
    Participant

I agree 100-freakin’-%.

I’ve really hated only being able to hit about 1/3 part of the map. So unfair. Time for a change.

Bobirov
    Participant

Just to chime in here. I hate this map too, its the only default map I have ever disabled at ApocHQ. Tweaking placement on it would not be a bad idea at all. Although removing it completely certainly wouldn’t hurt my feelings either. 😉

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Aw, it looks so nice 🙂

Ebonite
    Participant

at least set it so walls are always yellow…

Irishbandit
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Aw, it looks so nice 🙂

I love the way it looks but it would be alot more fun if the players could be placed on top and or the walls be yellow.

Although if you get a good spot and a 2 or more wind you can get some good kills. 😉

BOY
    Participant

@ebonite² wrote:

at least set it so walls are always yellow…

Ya, um, i mean, geez 😛

Deathstryker
    Participant

I actually like the way the map looks. Just fix the placements.

BOY
    Participant

DS has a point there. It does look kinda cool.

mooic
    Participant

Im in total agreement, i am one of the ‘ARGGGHHHHH i hate this map’ brigade, but i would not like to see it removed but rater ‘repaired’ as BD has proposed.

Casey.

NP-TheOutlaw
    Participant

everytime this map comes up…..I say……..gah!!!!!!!!!! not this sucka again.

HOWEVER….you talk about getting a good “noggin workout”..its not the faint of heart.

I have on many occasions taken exactly 12 shots!! to get 1 kill (whata workout)

and although it pains me to play in such non-friendly conditions no one seems to be mentioning that finally exist a map where you get to live beyond the norm of 1 or 2 sniping shots.

perfect for those who constantly complain of getting killed to quickly.

funniest thing i’ve seen on this map: CBX resigning on the very first turn just he wouldnt have to suffer through 12 shots.

JiNx
    Participant

yeah losa it please it the only map here that i realy hate
    apart from cbx’s boat one

cbx550f
    Participant

Heh – I resigned on shot 1 not because I hate the map, but because I knew I’d be hit on shot 1. 😉

I actually rather like the map! However, it does result in some impossible shots, perhaps if it was simply made a bit smaller?

Oh, and be glad – I got Gav to tone down the Icebergs map a bit before release. 😉

cbx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.