This topic contains 11 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  .–.ShoCkwaVe.–. 11 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

JiNx
    Participant

HELP

as per my last post with the ip addresses and with speaking to thrax and mcafee direct i need some help please

the new security center from macfee is stopping me refreshing my list and it is very annoying
    although i have given scorhced full acess i still need to add something to allow aceess but i havent got a clue when it comes to pc

can someone pm me with the folling information if possible please

inbound tcp/ip ports
    outbound tcp/ip ports
    inbound und ports
    outbound udp ports

apparently until i do this i can refresh my list please help

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Its in the scorched 3d documentation, here is paste of this :-

Port Description
    80 TCP For server browsing (outgoing connections only).
    27270 TCP For game messages (outgoing connections only). This may differ depending on the game port the server is running on.
    27271 UDP For server browsing (outgoing connections only). This may differ depending on the game port the server is running on.

The Scorched3D server uses the following ports:- Port Description
    80 TCP For server browsing registration (outgoing connections only).
    27270 TCP For game messages (incoming connections only). This can be changed using the server settings.
    27271 UDP For server browsing (incoming connections only). When the server port is changed will always be the server port + 1.

JiNx
    Participant

txs all sorted now i hope fingers crosssed

BOY
    Participant

THis may not be of much help but in my experience (which is’t much) Macaffe is total trash.

You’d be better off getting a free virus program and a free firewall program to replace Macafee which I assume you’re paying for, or will have to pay for.

JiNx
    Participant

i had to totaly uninstall mcafee and resinstal when it updated the version it couased the problem

ive tried free ones and nortons and nortons was the worst ever, the free ones didnt realy do much

is there any you can suggest please

Deathstryker
    Participant

I use ZoneAlarm. Those guys specialize in the firewalls.

I think they have a free personal firewall.

BOY
    Participant

Macafee is owned by Norton, yes, Norton is crappy too.

Many people have used AVG Antivirous, its free and easy to use. YOu can get it at Download.com

Deathstryker
    Participant

@boy wrote:

Many people have used AVG Antivirous, its free and easy to use. YOu can get it at Download.com

I don’t believe they are. It wouldn’t make sense to own a company and make the same products yourself. That’s not very cost-effective

The real problem with Norton is that it’s a system hog. I used to have it, I know. I use AVG now which- Hey! We’re suppose to be talking about firewalls, not Virus programs.

BigBear
    Participant

I used Norton before but have migrated to AVG/ZoneAlarm (free versions) and I’m never going back. Works like a charm both of them!

JiNx
    Participant

sweet cheers guys

and big bear long time no seen, god ive missed getting my arse kicked by you i hope to see you soon on the battle field my old friend btw i used to be spyro lol

NoMoreSteve
    Participant

@boy wrote:

Ummm, I think you’re wrong about McAfee.. Symantec owns Norton. Network Associates owns McAfee.

The Norton side is primarily for personal use, while Symantec handles the business/enterprise stuff. And yes, I am not a fan of the Norton side. (Unless of course, you buy just the AV, then it’s not too bad)

I run Symantec Anti-Virus Enterprise Edition and it’s great. Why? because it doesn’t have all of the extra crap that the personal stuff has. The interface is really plain and simple. None of the fancy crap. I simply hate the different fluffy AV stuff that has the firewall, e-mail filering, coffee maker stuff.

I think someone mentioned that the Norton/Symantec stuff is high on the cpu hog. Very true. But this is a great excuse to go out and buy a duel-core processor. 😆

BigBear
    Participant

@nomoresteve wrote:

I think someone mentioned that the Norton/Symantec stuff is high on the cpu hog. Very true. But this is a great excuse to go out and buy a duel-core processor. 😆

Now where did I put that lottery ticket?

.–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

@boy wrote:

THis may not be of much help but in my experience (which is’t much) Macaffe is total trash.

You’d be better off getting a free virus program and a free firewall program to replace Macafee which I assume you’re paying for, or will have to pay for.

I second this comment mcafee/symantc *same company* .. is total poO ❗

I recomend Bit Defender, or Kaspersky wich they both include a firewall
    that is easy to configure and come with pre configured settings.

better quality and less hassles.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.