This topic contains 88 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  dipalina 7 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

fab4
    Participant

How’s the OSX port of 39.1 coming along?

fab4
    Participant

Installed 39.1 and OpenAl on my G4 running OSX 10.3.9. Game plays great but it consistently crashes just after the ‘esc’ key is pressed. I get a ‘scorched3d abnormal termination’ notice and an Apple error notice. Happens with both default settings and my normal settings. Once I confirm the error notices, I can continue playing the game! Any ideas?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@fab4 wrote:

Installed 39.1 and OpenAl on my G4 running OSX 10.3.9. Game plays great but it consistently crashes just after the ‘esc’ key is pressed. I get a ‘scorched3d abnormal termination’ notice and an Apple error notice. Happens with both default settings and my normal settings. Once I confirm the error notices, I can continue playing the game! Any ideas?

Ah, glad it works. I’ll have a look at the escape key problem, let me know if you find any other issues.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Just to confirm, is that during the game or after quitting?

fab4
    Participant

The crash always happens after quitting a game. I tried it on two computers running OSX 10.3.9 and it happens on both computers.

dwhite
    Participant

I’m experiencing 2 different crashes with the Scorched3d 39.1 official build for MacOS X.

Single-player and acting as a network client work fine except for the aformentioned quit crash. I have the CrashReporter output of the quit crash attached. Looks like some destructor is doing something bad.

I’m also getting a crash trying to start the server. My machine is running current Panther (10.3.9). I also have CrashReporter output for this attached as well. A friend of mine running Tiger (10.4.2) can get the server to start, but as soon as it does “Next Round” it crashes. It appears to be ending up in a GL call somehow, even though there is no graphic context.

BTW — Love the game. Can’t get enough. 🙂

Also — I poked the FreeBSD port maintainer into rolling an update. I was able to hack the patches and such to get Scorched3d to build and run fine, so if he’s gone AWOL I’ll submit the necessary changes. After that, I can provide 4.x and 5.x packages to update what’s on the main site.

HTH

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks, i’ll have a look. Not sure how useful the crashinfo is without the source code line numbers though 🙂

DeVice
    Participant

@dwhite wrote:

Also — I poked the FreeBSD port maintainer into rolling an update. I was able to hack the patches and such to get Scorched3d to build and run fine, so if he’s gone AWOL I’ll submit the necessary changes. After that, I can provide 4.x and 5.x packages to update what’s on the main site.

That would be me 🙂

I’ve been delaying upgrading the port, because i think i understood that 39.1 would be only a temporary release. Looks like it’s going to live longer that expected, so I’m gonna do the job. Thanks.

fab4
    Participant

DeVice – let me know if you need a Beta tester – I’m available.

DeVice
    Participant

Well porting scorched is quite an easy task, no beta testing needed.

But thank you very much for your offer.

Gavin you got my PM with the new FreeBSD packages ?

fab4
    Participant

What’s the latest news on the version of Scorched3d (OSX) that doesn’t crash when quitting the game?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I checked for memory errors over the weekend but that didn’t show anything.

fab4
    Participant

Do you want to see my crash log file?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Not if you didn’t compile it yourself. It wont have the code/line numbers.

fab4
    Participant

It’s been a few weeks – is there any progress is tracking down this bug that causes Scorched3d to crash 100% of the time when quitting a game?

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 90 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.