This topic contains 19 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  comedown 12 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

comedown
    Participant

But, does anyone feel like wasting a few tens of hours of their life, which they’ll never ever get back, to make a Stitch model..?

😳

HWB
    Participant

I would love to. But I don’t how. The reason I am replying to see what kind of the missiles should Stitch shoot. Any suggestions?

jdog
    Participant

watch Lilo and Stitch …. maybe the plasma blaster?

comedown
    Participant

I hadn’t really thought about having special ammunition models to go along with the character, but here’s what the weapons in the film do:

http://w0ne.net/plasma.gif – As jdog said, plasma cannons. 😀

I’ve thrown together a few visual points of reference for anyone kind enough to make an attempt at modelling Stitch, although I know it’d be no easy task, so I won’t get my hopes up just yet. 😉

Best character in a movie ever! 😯

HWB
    Participant

I’m trying figured out the Milkshape program. I have problems getting a smooth skin 👿 . Hopefully I can figure it out before my 31 days trailed of Milkshape runs out. If I can make tank I will buy the program. Right now I’m trying to make a Jack Skellington model. Easier the the Stitch model, but I still don’t how to do textures. ❓ Can I make a model then texture later. ❓

Bare wiith me. And if somebody make your tank, I will love to blow Stitch up even if I don’t make the model.

comedown
    Participant

@hwb wrote:

I’m trying figured out the Milkshape program. I have problems getting a smooth skin 👿 . Hopefully I can figure it out before my 31 days trailed of Milkshape runs out. If I can make tank I will buy the program. Right now I’m trying to make a Jack Skellington model. Easier the the Stitch model, but I still don’t how to do textures. ❓ Can I make a model then texture later. ❓

Bare wiith me. And if somebody make your tank, I will love to blow Stitch up even if I don’t make the model.

I think you’ve just inspired me to download the program and give it a go myself, even though I’m quite certain I’ll mess it up completely.

It can’t hurt to try, right? 🙂

HWB
    Participant

😀 I happy to inspire you. I found the tutorial in Help very informative. Still working on my 1 first model. I hope it works. I figured out my problem making my model smooth. I was using boxes where I should have been using spheres.

Good Luck 😮

comedown
    Participant

I see you finished yours, good work.

I think I’m going to go insane if I keep at this though, the dots, the lines, they haunt me in my sleep.

comedown
    Participant

Hmm, thinking about this, I’m a little concerned about the weapon part of the model.

With the length of Stitch’s arms, and the size and shape of his head, a 90 degree angled shot could cause problems.

I’m nowhere near that far into the model yet though, so I’ll worry about it later.

Progress after 4 days or so:

HWB
    Participant

Wow, 😯 that looks great. As for the weopon, I would try scaling down the body from front to back. Then you would be able to see the short arm better. Even with out the scale down I think it will great….I love his weopons. Are you gonna have him two fisted with one or two guns aimed? If only one gun in hand you would be able to see his claws in the other hand. Also are you put the bite mark in his ear?

Keep up the good work!!!

comedown
    Participant

Thanks, and yeah, I’ll be including the little notches in his ears once I have the arms/legs/etc. in place, I think I’ll leave details and such until the end.

As for the weapon, I’m still not sure. Scaling down the thickness of his body isn’t really an option, I want to make him as accurate as possible, which is easier said than done I suppose.

The way I intended the weapon to be positioned was similar to the Tux penguin model, two-handed. The thing is though, high angled shots would look terrible this way, because as the gun and arms rotate upwards they’ll start to merge into the face and head. You can see what I mean by looking at the Sonic the Hedgehog model. No offence to the creator of Sonic of course, it’s still a great model, but I think this little “glitch” would be far more noticable and irritating with the Stitch model.

Another option could be to have him spit acid, lol, but the texturing of his teeth and open mouth are far beyond my capabilities, my patience, and above all my 27 day time limit.

I could also make use of the fact that Stitch has two extra arms hidden away, if I were to use the lower two arms to hold his weapon then even at a 90 degree angle it would still be held low enough to avoid merging with his head, but, and there’s always a but, I’d really prefer to use a two armed version, rather than a four. In my opinion he looks more fun in “dog” form than in “unstoppable evil genetic experiment” form.

I’m pretty sure I’ll figure something suitable out, but it’s quite a conundrum, I’m open to any and all suggestions..?

Irishbandit
    Participant

nice work!! 🙂

HWB
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

nice work!! 🙂

I want update. 😉 I know you 20 days left or something like that. Have you tried making the head into a gun with the arms as a gun too. That is what I did on Creepy Susie and it helped the look of the of the model. I don’t know if this will help you but I think having Sonics head move with his gun arm would fixed the delemia that youointed out.

comedown
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

nice work!! 🙂

Thanks.

@hwb wrote:

I want update. 😉 I know you 20 days left or something like that. Have you tried making the head into a gun with the arms as a gun too. That is what I did on Creepy Susie and it helped the look of the of the model. I don’t know if this will help you but I think having Sonics head move with his gun arm would fixed the delemia that youointed out.

Yup, 20 days left, but I’ve just moved house and haven’t done a single bit of work on Stitch, so sorry, no update as of yet. 🙁

I’m about to get back to modelling him today though, so I should have something to post a little later.

Re: The idea of a pivoting head, I think that would actually solve the problem, although it’s still beyond my capabilities and understanding of modelling.

I have come up with a solution though. 🙂

I decided to take a step back, and “think outside the box”. Instead of having Stitch aiming the gun with his arms, I’ve decided to use a scaled down version of a weapon from the movie which has its’ own mechanical arm, and will aim itself.

Example pictures of the weapon are attached below. My idea is to have Stitch simply hold a small “base unit” in front of him, and the weapons’ arm will be an extension of it. This means the business-end of the gun will be far enough away from the rest of the model to avoid any merging. 😀

Plus, this gun looks much cooler than the little yellow plasma cannons.

HWB
    Participant

@comedown wrote:

I have come up with a solution though. 🙂

I decided to take a step back, and “think outside the box”. Instead of having Stitch aiming the gun with his arms, I’ve decided to use a scaled down version of a weapon from the movie which has its’ own mechanical arm, and will aim itself.

Example pictures of the weapon are attached below. My idea is to have Stitch simply hold a small “base unit” in front of him, and the weapons’ arm will be an extension of it. This means the business-end of the gun will be far enough away from the rest of the model to avoid any merging. 😀

Plus, this gun looks much cooler than the little yellow plasma cannons.

Great Idea with the mechancial arms. I too love the movie. I can’t wait and see it finished.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.