This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Loke 10 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

pastor of muppets
    Participant

So I’m playing scorched and a discussion starts not a popular one but a discussion and then the admin quits because of the discussion. All cool with me he then comes back and says are you done yet…I say no he leaves again then comes back logged in as admin and says I don’t think your discussion fits scorched and threatens to mute us….because a couple of people said they were enjoying the discussion he then mutes himself and says continue then. I will not be threatened by admins to talk about what they want to talk about and so I willl be avoinding main until I either get a topics list of what is to be discussed or I recieve an explenation of what the heck happened. A simple oops in my pm will be suffecient.

SwanDude
    Participant

oh grow up, you weren’t threatened. i think you take yourself a bit too seriously, this is just a game, have a little fun and quit looking for things to complain about.

apache64d
    Participant

It would be appriciated if u said the the name of the admin or post the log (or at list tell us, the admins, when did this happen). Some facts needs to be checked. We have only your words about what happen (and swan’s).
    Could be cool if the admin that was there will reply here or post the log.

mooic
    Participant

Erm.. i get the feeling Apache that swan was the admin 😛

DireWolf
    Participant

@swandude wrote:

oh grow up, you weren’t threatened. i think you take yourself a bit too seriously, this is just a game, have a little fun and quit looking for things to complain about.

Dude thats not cool at all, I wasnt there, but telling someone to grow up is not a very diplomatic way to handle this situation.
    My 2.5 cents
    -Dire

I am curious what topic was being discussed, if it was political, well there is your answer, politics and Scorched dont go well together, I found out the hard way.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Yes swan was the admin and the topic of discussion was the age of the world and the validity of carbon dating. And yes when an admin comes in the room and states that he feels the topic of discussion is inappropriate for scorched after having not been there and not even knowing that others have joined in on the conversation as well just comes in and says to stop the conversation we have been having or we will mute us I would say that admin takes himself a bit too seriously. Swan you could have just muted us as other players can do in game play. Now you ask me to grow up and say that I take myself too seriously publicily in forums? All I asked for was a private apology for abusing your admin status and deciding what was going to be chatted about in your presence.

DireWolf
    Participant

I see no problem with that subject at all, I have not seen the log so I cant take sides, but that topic is not a problem at all, as a matter of fact, I believe that the earth was created approximately 4.5 billion years ago according to what I have seen and read, interesting subject to say the least.

SwanDude
    Participant

Yes swan was the admin and the topic of discussion was the age of the world and the validity of carbon dating.

The topic was more of a religious nature, and i believe it is up to admin’s judgement to deem what is objectionable or not, i find this type of discussion objectionable and the game is not the appropriate forum for such discussions (my opinion)

And yes when an admin comes in the room and states that he feels the topic of discussion is inappropriate for scorched after having not been there and not even knowing that others have joined in on the conversation as well just comes in and says to stop the conversation we have been having or we will mute us I would say that admin takes himself a bit too seriously.

I did not just show and and command all to stop, i had been playing for well over an hour, in fact it was just the pastor, Mrs. Pastor, and myself playing for several rounds when Laptop’s Daddy entered and shortly thereafter the discussion ensued. Both Mrs. Pastor and I saw where the conversation wa headed and tried to divert it, but to no avail, i found the whole thing objectionable and left, waited a round, re-entered to ask if they were done – they said no, so i decided to call it a night, was doing a couple of other things, noticed that 2 more players had entered the game, Kowal and Brad, so as i had not really had my fill of the game for the evening and was curious if the just arrived players were being subjected to the same discussion, i rejoined the game – and did login as admin, which i dont do often but certainly have every right to, of course pastor and laptop’s daddy were still going at it – i once again stated that i found their dicussion objectionable but wanted to see how the just arrived players felt – Brad said he ‘was enjoying the mindless entertainment’ , and Kowal said nothing.

and as far as taking myself too seriously, I have not one time muted, kicked, or banned a single player in the game or out of it – last night was the first time i even considered it but still did not use any of the tools at my disposal.

Swan you could have just muted us as other players can do in game play.

that is exactly what i did, but after discussing this with HWB last night, but what good is an admin who is not paying attention to what is going on, so that was the only mistake i made last night.

Now you ask me to grow up and say that I take myself too seriously publicily in forums?

looking back this may have been a bit harsh, i reacted quickly to your post and probably should have waited just a bit before responding, i do not post in this forum hardly at all and responded more emotionally tha i am sure i should have

All I asked for was a private apology for abusing your admin status and deciding what was going to be chatted about in your presence.

an apology is not going to happen because I do not feel i abused any ‘admin status’ , i stated clearly before i ever logged in as admin that i found your discussion objectionable and still do. But you and laptop’s just go on and on and on, so i would be willing to accept your apology for putting me through all of that, then we can put this all behind us.[/i]

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Check the logs I never mentioned religion. Laptops brought it up once and I asked him if I ever even mentioned God. Yes my wife tried to divert the conversation because it was late here and this was a conversation that would last a while knowing I was on vacation and that I would not go to bed anytime soon if I was enjoying a debate. As a matter of fact after the conversation had gone a while she was also enjoying the debate and started chiming in herself. You are more than welcome to check logs. Brad also joined in and of all the people in the room I would say he brought up the religion thing more than anyone. Forget it I saw what I saw Laptops was even question what did we do wrong why would we be muted. Whatever it’s over in the future please check logs before threatining to mute me and just let me know what I said that was the offense that will get me muted. I was enjoying the game and the debate and it interfered in game play in no way what so ever nor anyones ability to enjoy the game.

DireWolf
    Participant

I honestly hate to see stuff like this, I understand Swan of reacting from the gut, I have done it myself, and it can be hard not to sometimes, my personal opinion is, if the other players on the server are ok with whats going on I stay out of it, even if I dont agree with the topic, unless players are complaining I wont disrupt the game, but…….. that is just the way I see things, it is not the law of the land, and honestly Swan, I was not trying to sound like some kind of dictator, but as an admin I feel we need to represent this game as mature adults willing to try and understand both sides of a coin especially when dealing with veteran players, that being said….. I have over reacted before myself and was set straight by another admin.

in the future, it is always a good idea to make a post in the admin forum when problems arise and to post the log of what happend, so other admins know what happend instead of hearing it from others, and getting a one sided view.

BigBear
    Participant

1. Why is this topic still here in this forum and not in the complaints section? Moderators, yo-hoooooooo anybody there? 😉 😛

2. Since I wasn’t there I will refrain from commenting until someone posts a time of occurence or better yet the log itself. It’s a good thing that people take the opportunity to bring attention to these types of situations, but unless a reference to when it occurred so the admins can check the logs the facts of the matter become obscure. In the future ppl, please submit this piece of info to facillitate a better foundation for a meaningful debate.

Cheers!!!

apache64d
    Participant

In conclussion: Did Swan muted anybody (besides himself)?? No he didn’t.
    What ver he thouhgt or threated, he didn’t mute any1. Like the others I cannot say much more about the subject because nobody posted the logs.
    In general I think the subject plus the fact that others where in it too, was ok for game chat. I also can understand Swan. Sometimes I too don’t realy connect to the subject that being talk on the game chat. I’m not talking about politics and stuff like that. About just a subject that I found it weird to talk about it on the game chat or just a subject that doesn’t interest me.
    What I do on those times: I either mute (personal mute) the ppl that talk about the subject or just leave the game if I don’t wanna mute.
    Personaly, I would feel wierd if some1 during a fun computer game when u just wanna smash other tanks and enjoy it, all of the sudden brings up that subject about the age of the world and..carbon dating (?).
    If laptop daddy is there then there is a high chance that the debate will only get more fast and very deep..
    I think I would just mute the ones who taking place in that debate.
    Got nothing againts then, just not something I wanna see during a GAME like Scorched3d.

cbx550f
    Participant

I just wish I was there – I love a good debate!

DireWolf
    Participant

Your Avatar is a freakin riot, I cant help but break out in a big ol fat grin every time I see it 8)

I was at a bar in the middle of no where called the 22 mile house, went in to the restroom and right behind the toilet was a NO DUMPING sign, its very hard to aim while laughing that hard! 😯

Irishbandit
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

Your Avatar is a freakin riot, I cant help but break out in a big ol fat grin every time I see it 8)

I was at a bar in the middle of no where called the 22 mile house, went in to the restroom and right behind the toilet was a NO DUMPING sign, its very hard to aim while laughing that hard! 😯

LMAO

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.