This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  naka 9 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

xtc
    Participant

I finally got a newer PC after many years…
    Enjoying those beautiful sceneries and effects, and incredible water… Used to play with almost all lowest detail settings before, but now even with all this turned on its smoother then it was!

Everything works excellent on maps with dark textures.

But (see pics)…

Narrow stripes within and wide beyond the playable area.

My video card is Radeon 9200. Anybody knows how to solve this?

Mcb Lover
    Participant

Oh x…you have nice own grid…cheater! 😈

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

graphics drivers?

you do mean 9200? (that’s probably not quite up to full water etc).

if you’re using the latest driver releases (is the 9200 still supported?), you should try reverting to an older release.

Deathstryker
    Participant

I had this problem with my integrated Radeon awhile back. I never figured out how to fix it though. I posted a picture of it somewhere in the private forum. I’ll look for it.

EDIT: Here it is…

Your stripes look a little different than mine though.

xtc
    Participant

@Mcb Lover wrote:

Oh x…you have nice own grid…cheater! 😈

o O
    Is this the help forum section? I need help! Urgent! I need to delete this topic, but it won’t let me! And I can’t even delete attachments! Please! Urgent! 😯

@laptops Daddy wrote:

you do mean 9200? (that’s probably not quite up to full water etc).

if you’re using the latest driver releases (is the 9200 still supported?), you should try reverting to an older release.

LOL, is that thing so old that makes you surprise? 😀 At least I didn’t buy it.
    But now you can imagine what I had before if I’m happy to have this now 😉

I use the driver that was coming with the PC on disk, so it must be exactly ‘oldest version’. You think I should try and download a newer one?…

@deathstryker wrote:

Your stripes look a little different than mine though.

Looks like your stripes are for heights grid, while mine are for regular 😆

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@xtc wrote:

I use the driver that was coming with the PC on disk, so it must be exactly ‘oldest version’. You think I should try and download a newer one?…

yes. i just checked the ati site. catalyst 6.11 are the latest that support your card.

http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-prer300-previous-xp.html

worth a try. if 6.11 doesn’t help, try 6.5. remember to fully uninstall the old versions first. use the ati driver uninstall utility provided with the new driver (that’s AtiCimUn.exe in ATISupportversion (once extracted)). (i think they were including the utility in that era anyway)

are you in windows xp sp2? what motherboard are u using? you could try updating your chipset drivers.

may just be an issue with the way the 9200 works. i think i’ve seen that effect before on a different computer, but i don’t remember.

xtc
    Participant

EDIT
    Thanks, I installed them, all works great!

naka
    Participant

Pica i have exactly the same lines on radeon 9000.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.