This topic contains 14 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 12 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

poolee
    Participant

Hi everyone

Fungus’s post on “Suggestion for server” brought something up for me (no… not my lunch 😉 )…. what exactly IS the voice of the community??

Personally, I want a change, because force shields and funkies are getting out of hand in my opinion. Neither can now be considered “skillful”. They are too cheap and too readily available. For those who remember Gooseberry (the most skilled player I have ever played against 🙂 )… I suspect even he would have trouble winning now with people popping up force shields in round 2 already.

Either way, the game has become unbalanced, and enjoyment is being ebbed away for many players… just browse most the posts in the last 4-5 months if you don’t beleive me.

Anyway, please cast your vote…

And Gavin? Would you consider this poll as the people’s voice for the next version?

Cheers
    Poolee

PS And DON’T flame me… I’m just trying to get the “Voice of the Community”!!

comedown
    Participant

i voted for A. (leave as is)

these complaints about funkies and death heads are extremely exaggerated.

the only people who spend all their cash on funkies etc. right at the beginning of the game are newbies, and even then it’s a minority of them.

and, people who complain about shields just make no sense to me.

“it takes the requirement of skill out of the game, you don’t need to have skill to win any more” etc.

on the contrary, you need higher skill, which is probably the thing annoying the shield-haters.

how can someone complain about ‘the low skill level needed to win’, when they are basically saying they’re not skilled enough themselves to defeat said shields.

“yeah but how can i beat someone with a shield when i don’t have one, it’s unfair”

i’ve done it, and others do it frequently, plus there is nothing stopping you buying your own shield, so how can it possibly be unfair?

no offense intended, but this is just a case of the workmen blaming their tools for their own poor work, sore losers, and people who just won’t get with the program.

all this complaining really is getting a little annoying, the game rules are the same for everyone, yet the majority of people manage just fine.

🙄

Sondra
    Participant

I am from the same opinion as Comedown.
    Besides it’s easy to destroy a Force shield with diggers. I do it and many of time it only needs 1 or 2 diggers to do it. And I even beat those shields with baby diggers.

DireWolf
    Participant

Ok…..
    I remember awhile back a comment that Gavin made about the funky being his favorite weapon, whether he is talking about his use of the funky or creating it, either way, he created this game with the help of others, he put the Funky Bomb, DeathsHead and shields into the game cuz he wanted them in there, this is his baby not ours, and the suggestion of possibly changing what he has made, to me is way out of line, but also I understand the frustration of other players wanting things different too, but…..
    to suggest the removal of game items does not seem to be the right way of solving this problem, I seriously doubt that Gavin would consider removing any of these items!!!
    It seems you all should be working on a plan for a new server, whether hosted by Gavin or someone else, just realize this game is not only for the people with skill, and to take those items away would end up pissing someone else off anyway, you will never get a 100 percent agreement on this issue, EVER, keep things the same, you piss off group 1, change things and group 2 will now become unhappy!!!

The politics of war,
    is a never ending battle!!!!

A) Leave Scorched Server “as is” 75%

😉

Panther30
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

Ok…..
    I remember awhile back a comment that Gavin made about the funky being his favorite weapon, whether he is talking about his use of the funky or creating it, either way, he created this game with the help of others, he put the Funky Bomb, DeathsHead and shields into the game cuz he wanted them in there, this is his baby not ours, and the suggestion of possibly changing what he has made, to me is way out of line, but also I understand the frustration of other players wanting things different too, but…..
    to suggest the removal of game items does not seem to be the right way of solving this problem, I seriously doubt that Gavin would consider removing any of these items!!!
    It seems you all should be working on a plan for a new server, whether hosted by Gavin or someone else, just realize this game is not only for the people with skill, and to take those items away would end up pissing someone else off anyway, you will never get a 100 percent agreement on this issue, EVER, keep things the same, you piss off group 1, change things and group 2 will now become unhappy!!!

The politics of war,
    is a never ending battle!!!!

A) Leave Scorched Server “as is” 75%

😉

I am having these exact problems with the official raptormod server which I run. Anyone who disagrees with the statement above can try to start their own server and wee what we mean.

My two cents,

—Panther30

Deathstryker
    Participant

To be honest I don’t think Gavin pays any attention to these types of posts anymore.

BOY
    Participant

I reluctantly voted “E”

1) poolee nice poll but there needs to be a good number to be considered a voice… a consensus would require about 25 voters and solod majority I would estimate.

2) why you no email me back? i sent you email on monday

3) Why does no one else see the beauty of changing the interest rate. Either of the following (or combo) would basically help accomplish the same thing as B above – I dont consider thise to be big changes really… anyone?
    a) decrease starting money b)begin buying at round 1

4) i dont have any problem with no changes, I love this server, and I also think DW has a good point – but I agree that there is too much proliferatons of WMD’s to make game based on skills much, it seems to be more about who can live through the funkys

5) For those that agree with 4) APOC mod IS FOR YOU! Get it in your heads! (sadly the server is still down)

Saddistic Fungus
    Participant

I voted E, but u all saw that one coming

DireWolf
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

To be honest I don’t think Gavin pays any attention to these types of posts anymore.

This was not written for Gavin, It was my opinion. 😈
    I just think its direspectful to ask something like take this this and this outta the game cuz a certain few dont like it!!!!

Deathstryker
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

This was not written for Gavin, It was my opinion. 😈
    I just think its direspectful to ask something like take this this and this outta the game cuz a certain few dont like it!!!!

I wasn’t directing my comment specifically towards your post Soupie. Just generally speaking about this whole thread. I didn’t even read this post. Too much to read. Just skimmed…. Like I always do.

DireWolf
    Participant

No Worries

I just wasnt sure what you meant.
    😉

BOY
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

I’m pretty sure you are wrong, he does at least skim these topics. I think he just counts on others to make his points for him. There is a group that shares his views (i’m not totally sure wich group 🙂 )

one that note, He really may have made up his mind all about the funkies and the shields. No doubt he is rolling his eyes that he tried to make the shields happier for everyone but seemingly no one is……. IMO The shields are set at the right strength, and that is why the money is now being used as it is.
    In the past, I dont think that there were as many money hoarders….. in v37 people had better things to spend their money on I guess…. now it seems that Ebonite² has influenced things. Many of us (me included) now understand how the money works. Again IMO, the money is leading to Funky abuse – Why I think EVERYTHING should be more expensive. (see anywhere for my proposed solutions)

Ebonite
    Participant

Glad to have been an influence. I still win all the Money collecting contests, though.

cbx550f
    Participant

I voted “G” – There are a few things I would like to change a tad, but nothing important.

Part 2 of option G: Enough of the “rules and petty details” discussions! Less talk, more scorch! 😀

My $1/50

poolee
    Participant

Come on people, vote! So far I’m sure we don’t have a representative number of the community…

Even if you want the status quo, you should have your say!!!

Cheers
    Poolee

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.