This topic contains 50 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 11 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

I asked about a month ago for players for a small tournament, 3 vs 3
    I want to expand that 4 vs 4, this tournament will be a lasers only tournament 😈 a very under used weapon, if this can be set up.

so….. if you are interested in a lasers only tournament, post here.
    no qualification, just a simple 4 on 4 game, best 2 of 3 games wins.
    I suggest teams be made by a non participant according to rank, trying to get both sides as equal as possible by stat points.

😈

Boy…. if you see this post, I might need a hand if you can lend it 💡

barnabas
    Participant

Like, LFB? Lasers, Fuel, Batts?

I’m up for that, for sure.

DireWolf
    Participant

@barnabas wrote:

Like, LFB? Lasers, Fuel, Batts?

I’m up for that, for sure.

never even thought of fuel or batts, I think a vote should be made by participants to decide on fuel and batts, tie breaker if needed would be by the non participant who sets up the teams.
    to be fair 😀

Willis
    Participant

Well fuel would be a must,

Otherwise whoever is the lowest on the map automaticly would win. Or end in a major tie if its a super flat map and everyone’s on the exact same level.

Batteries I suppose why not 🙂

Official server lasers or some modded out version?

😈

DireWolf
    Participant

@willis wrote:

Well fuel would be a must,

Otherwise whoever is the lowest on the map automaticly would win. Or end in a major tie if its a super flat map and everyone’s on the exact same level.

Batteries I suppose why not 🙂

Official server lasers or some modded out version?

😈

I would say the modded, 1 hitter quitter version if possible, open to suggestions 😉

also it would be cool to use Bobirov’s moon map only, lasers would look very nice on it, and would make for a nice atmosphere, just a thought, but it may be a lil too big?
    opinions anyone?

Brain Damage
    Participant

Laser Tourny??? i’m in!!!! 😀

Brain Damage
    Participant

i know i may seem to a bit egocentric bit i’ve tryed to make a suitbale mod, take a look and judge it if suits good/not, edit or delete it if you want…

ailwable maps:
    all bobirov’s s radom maps & moon map & official maps (maps can be choosed by the server)

ailwable weapons:
    all official lasers & the plasma laser on my mod (test) that can do 1 shot 1 kill with right power
    special bended laser that can shoot under the line of 0 elevation; the laser is aligned with the bottom line of the aiming triangle

ailwable accessories:
    fuel & batteries

unpacked size: 333 KB

tell me if i have to do some changes

EDIT: Removed file; re-uploaded in a following post

Wowbagger
    Participant

Count me in. 😀

Cool Mod BD! Couldn’t get the hang of the bended laser though ….. Tried several times but it seems like it just duds. 🙁

DireWolf
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

i know i may seem to a bit egocentric bit i’ve tryed to make a suitbale mod, take a look and judge it if suits good/not, edit or delete it if you want…

ailwable maps:
    all bobirov’s s radom maps & moon map & official maps (maps can be choosed by the server)

ailwable weapons:
    all official lasers & the plasma laser on my mod (test) that can do 1 shot 1 kill with right power
    special bended laser that can shoot under the line of 0 elevation; the laser is aligned with the bottom line of the aiming triangle

ailwable accessories:
    fuel & batteries

unpacked size: 333 KB

tell me if i have to do some changes

I couldnt get the weaps to fire, or see a weapon that I would be using,
    got the maps working though, did I screw up? I put the folder in my .scorched3d folder under mods, and it came up in my menu, just couldnt fire at all. 😕
    HELP!!! 😯

Wowbagger
    Participant

DW Wrote:

I couldnt get the weaps to fire, or see a weapon that I would be using,
    got the maps working though, did I screw up? I put the folder in my .scorched3d folder under mods, and it came up in my menu, just couldnt fire at all.
    HELP!!!

I dont know if it makes a difference but I extracted it to a folder that I made up, then coppied it to my mod folder. Regular lasers worked fine for me just couldnt fire the benders.

DireWolf
    Participant

I will reinstall it that way see if it works for me.

Brain Damage
    Participant

sorry all for the late reply but i had a full day at the university 😛

@ DW:

i’ll assume that you’ve copied it correctly if you can see the maps
    and you set a custom game.
    the problem may be 1 of the following:
    1: you didn’t set buy round at first round (it’s by default at second); the mod gives you no free weapons, so you’ll have none; change the buy round to first otherwise click the button “give all weapons”; to access those options you have to click to the button “edit advanced options” under custom game.
    2: the other problem’s source may be you was looking at the favourites tab (it’s empty by deafult) and you had to switch to the weapons…
    (don’t really think that happened but it’s a possibily 😆 😈 )

@ WOW:

to get an idea of the bended laser try to shoot it at 90 degrees; you’ll see
    if it’s working and how; you may not see it if you fire it and the tringle is buried in the dirt (laser will shoot underground so); if you still don’t see it could be a weapon reference problem (really strange because works on my pc)

@all

i’ve did 4 changes:

1: plasma laser now has smaller hurt radius
    2: added bobirov’s pen laser (a laser that does no damage, only for aiming pourposes)
    3: added a special rainbow laser ( i know may be a bit strong but i can tune it down very easy)
    4: no funky, nuke etc as tank deaths; only explosionlaserbeam

i was wondering if to add a bit delay to the plasma laser (and/or rainbow)to make it a bit less effective, giving time maybe to run with fuel.

unpacked size now: 370 KB

BOY
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

Boy…. if you see this post, I might need a hand if you can lend it 💡

Hoooooo-RAA! for the laser tournament!

Glad I had the chance, FINALLY! …. to check the boards. I set up the internet here at the new house a few days back but have not had the time to even sit down at the desk since. 🙁

I have now been without a game of scorch for weeks! Sadly, there will be no more surfin and gamin from work, the new IT rules are a bit nasty there. My time for admin and game and being a general blabbermouth are possibly over… unless that is, i can scrounge up enough money for a decent laptop to game with when on my frequent business trips, perhaps I’ll start a fundraiser 😛

I’d love to help with the tournament, there is just one thing i will require, and that is to have my name removed from the spot in the index below “Tournaments” in the index if SOMEONE….. ANYONE ! will just post about tournaments there at some point 😳 😆 😆

However, i doubt you need my help, it seems the thing is taking shape, all is needed is someone to submit a request for an official tournament to Gavin. He will surely approve the use of the TOurnament server. It has been sitting unused for some time now. I would be glad to compile any stats as I have in the past.

here are my two cents for some rules for a laser only tourmament. 😉

— no cash and weapons allowed are set numbers
    — 1 dirt clod and 3 tracers (one chance to cover up the opponent)
    — 40 fuel
    — move in water – yes
    — 20 batteries
    — + any applicable laser weapons

DireWolf
    Participant

@Brain Damage wrote:

sorry all for the late reply but i had a full day at the university 😛

@ DW:

i’ll assume that you’ve copied it correctly if you can see the maps
    and you set a custom game.
    the problem may be 1 of the following:
    1: you didn’t set buy round at first round (it’s by default at second); the mod gives you no free weapons, so you’ll have none; change the buy round to first otherwise click the button “give all weapons”; to access those options you have to click to the button “edit advanced options” under custom game.
    2: the other problem’s source may be you was looking at the favourites tab (it’s empty by deafult) and you had to switch to the weapons…
    (don’t really think that happened but it’s a possibily

@ WOW:

to get an idea of the bended laser try to shoot it at 90 degrees; you’ll see
    if it’s working and how; you may not see it if you fire it and the tringle is buried in the dirt (laser will shoot underground so); if you still don’t see it could be a weapon reference problem (really strange because works on my pc)

@all

i’ve did 4 changes:

1: plasma laser now has smaller hurt radius
    2: added bobirov’s pen laser (a laser that does no damage, only for aiming pourposes)
    3: added a special rainbow laser ( i know may be a bit strong but i can tune it down very easy)
    4: no funky, nuke etc as tank deaths; only explosionlaserbeam

i was wondering if to add a bit delay to the plasma laser (and/or rainbow)to make it a bit less effective, giving time maybe to run with fuel.

unpacked size now: 370 KB

you were right on the money, set it to buy first round, and it worked.
    my thoughts, the regular lasers, laser-Plasma-Heavy, heavy was more powerful than the normal one 😈 ), the plasma seemed very weak, but I could not get a 1 shot kill, which imho, should be made, to practice with, and see if the others like or dislike 😈
    heavy laser = nice
    plasma laser = too weak
    never saw the rainbow laser in the inventory

the bended lasers……
    cool concept, I really did like them, but…….
    is it possible to make a bended sight? and be able to bind it to a key?
    like switching from old and new style POV.

thank you for your help so far, it is very appreciated
    😀

so if you could get a 1 shot kill laser,
    and a possible bended POV “if not we can adapt”
    we will be doing good 😀

I am curious to hear any opininions on map size?

also, I need to ask Bobirov if we can use his night sky texture on other maps. just for the tournament, it would be cool if all maps were night maps.
    1 more question… can you set this up for teams?
    thanx again BD 😈

Brain Damage
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

never saw the rainbow laser in the inventory

maybe you have armslevel restricted; go to the settings and search for arms level; set both start & end round to 10 so all weapons will be ailwable.

before the plasma laser could get a 1 shot 1 kill if the power was below something around 200 (not mathematically calculated :D; you can look a the code and calc it, but’ i’m too lazy to do it 😆 )

i forgot that being a laser tounament the laser needs to be a bit more overkill 😀

for the team setting it’s all in the server settings; if you want to make a local game with team go to the advanced settings and choose the number of teams (must be a fixed value, no temas can be createed during game, players can only join/ disconnect), the mod doen’s need any editing to play with teams

edited raibow laser, plasma laser

unpacked size 371 KB

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.