This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

But my XML hasn’t changed any after playing online. It’s got all the laser info I put in it. That was also the only XML I changed.

*Sigh* I guess I could make it a Mod. Even though I’d hate to for such a small change.

There is no such thing anymore as not running a mod. In 38.1 when no mod is chosen it is actually running the “none” mod. When you connect it checks the contents of this mod against the one on the server (like all mods). As you changed a file it needed to download a new one, otherwise you had access to weapons no one else did.
    As with all mods it puts the file in .scorched3d/mods/none/data/accessories.xml.

As someone else said it is better to make a new mod than mess around with the original files.

Deathstryker
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

@deathstryker wrote:

Anyway, I have another question. This one is dedicated to Gavin. Is it currently possible to place a projectile model on the GUI but not have the tank use it? This would be very useful for the laser and I’ve already made a GUI model but no way to implement it.

The laser does not use a model, it is a beam of light. Do you want to see the projectile fired as well the laser beam?

No. That is not what I want. I want to be able to see a projectile model on the bottom left hand corner of the screen where you select your weapon but NOT have it so the tank fires it. Thanks for replying BTW.

Also, how can I edit the free market economy line so that it reflects the new price?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

No. That is not what I want. I want to be able to see a projectile model on the bottom left hand corner of the screen where you select your weapon but NOT have it so the tank fires it. Thanks for replying BTW.

The model attribute in the base accessory will set this:-
    napalm/napalm.txt

Also, how can I edit the free market economy line so that it reflects the new price?

Delete the free-market files in the .scorched3d directory.

jdog
    Participant

Is there a way to make the beam thicker to show a bigger laser blast?

Deathstryker you should make a blu-ray laser because it is a more denser and deadly.

The most deadly would be an x-ray laser because it could cut though anything.. and before anyone make a comment about that type, try reading some of lerry niven. Is it possible to make the laser-blast be
    invisible?

A Moogle
    Participant

I have implemented the ‘Lasers from Midair’ into my MoogleMod. If anyone wants a copy, come get it here

Have fun! 😉

-Kupo, off.

jdog
    Participant

Since you beat me to that I’ll have to work on something else laser wise.

Any pictures, and is it a triple laser from mid-air? Have to ask as that was idea and you are welcome to put it into place… make a good shield breaker for stronger shields that could be made.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Unfortunately, my Milkshape prog trial ended today and I am unable to finish my laser projectile model used for the display. I originally had it finished, and in a rush to get the laser put together again, I accidentally deleted it. So until I can find a way to get Milkshape working again (registration is a pain with that thing) it’s been halted.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Ok, I found a reg hack to reset the trial period. I feel justified in doing this because there is no way I’m shelling out $25 for something I’m only gonna use once every 2 years. Anyway, the good news is that I got my laser in the HUD now but there is one more problem. I don’t want the ends of the laser shown but whenever I make the laser longer Scorched always resizes it so everything is shown on the HUD. Is there any way I can arrange it so the ends go past the viewing area of that window and thus are not shown? If not that’s fine.

The reason I don’t want the ends shown is because I want to give the illusion that the laser is real long and coming from something but without having to show that something. Also, if you see the ends, it appears to be more a bar than a laser. It just seems like it would look better the way I want it.

PS. I know I’m being a real pain in the ass here but I’m so close to getting this done and I don’t want to quit now. Sorry for the inconvenience, I’m a n00b at this.

EDIT: I tried and that didn’t do anything for it.

poolee
    Participant

Great work on the lasers guys! Moogle’s server is a great test ground… had lots of fun! 🙂

Cheers
    Poolee

Deathstryker
    Participant

I have yet to try Moogle’s Laser Mod. At the moment, I’ve been busy with mine. However, I plan on trying it out after I get things sorted with my Mod.

A Moogle
    Participant

Death – I think that you can remove the ends of the cylinder to form that illusion… Not sure as I haven’t tried it…

Poolee – Thanks 😀 Always good to get new opinions, I think. Is there anything you think should be changed?

Deathstryker
    Participant

@A Moogle wrote:

Death – I think that you can remove the ends of the cylinder to form that illusion… Not sure as I haven’t tried it…

Poolee – Thanks 😀 Always good to get new opinions, I think. Is there anything you think should be changed?

How?

Deathstryker
    Participant

Updated with version 1.2. This one has the HUD model included. Still haven’t figured out how to remove the ends though, lol.

A Moogle
    Participant

If you’re working in MilkShape, then you just select the cylinder tool, and there will be a checkbox that says ‘Close Cylinder’, just un-check that box.

Deathstryker
    Participant

The only thing that does is puts a hole in my laser.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.