This topic contains 37 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Deathstryker
    Participant

You guys of course remember the Laser Weapon primitive made by Gavin. Well I’ve been messing around with it and added some sound and tweaked it a tad bit and decided I’d share it with everyone. Got any comments, place them here. Readme included.

To download you must be logged in.

About the laser: It’s quite powerful. It’ll go through mountains and even penetrate shields. The difference between this one and the one in the original Scorched is that you must get the power adjusted just right so that you just barely hit your opponent to do maximum damage.

Updated… Again…One Last Time… …This time I mean it.

jdog
    Participant

what kind of file is in the zip, xml or text? I wonder if it is possible to make a weapon that fires mulituple laser burst from mid-air? 8)

Thanks this will give me some intersting thing to work on now.

A Moogle
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

I wonder if it is possible to make a weapon that fires mulituple laser burst from mid-air? 8)

jdog, I think that you just have to use the WeaponRedirect primitive…
    Please Gavin let us know about this, I’ve wondered about this as well… 😈

Deathstryker
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

what kind of file is in the zip, xml or text? I wonder if it is possible to make a weapon that fires mulituple laser burst from mid-air? 8)

Thanks this will give me some intersting thing to work on now.

It’s .xml, same as the one for scorched.

Panther30
    Participant

mutiple laser bursts from mid-air… There’s the shield breaker everyone has been after….

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

The screenshot looks awesome!!!

Do you have another one that shows the impact it has on the tartget?

A.T.

jdog
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

It’s .xml, same as the one for scorched.

Thanks when I get some time I’ll see what I can whip up weapon wise.
    I already has a shield that baby missles and missles couldn’t break in 38 but baby nuke killed most of it and a nuke was a deathblow.

Deathstryker
    Participant

May want to postpone downloading that. I’m having a problem. It worked just fine awhile back but now that I’ve played online it won’t show up anymore and all the info is still in the accessories.xml file. No errors at all. Anybody know what’s wrong?

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

I think you have to load it into a seperate folder (mod folder) for off line play only.

It may be that when you joined a game online, the server recognized the .xml file as being incorrect and the server uploaded the proper .xml file into your main folder.

I may be wrong though.
    Good thing you had the forsight to back up your files.

Apollo

Deathstryker
    Participant

But my XML hasn’t changed any after playing online. It’s got all the laser info I put in it. That was also the only XML I changed.

*Sigh* I guess I could make it a Mod. Even though I’d hate to for such a small change.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Ok, I made a Mod for it but encountered another problem that I managed to fix. The reason I’m talking about it is because I think it’s kind’ve a bug. See, I placed an accessory.xml file in the Mod folder and went in and tested it, went back out and made the price higher for the weapon. Only when I went back in the price was the exact same. Come to find out EconomyFreeMarket was screwing things up because it had a preset price value from playing the game last time. My question is, why are these FreeMarket prices loaded when a new game is being played? Shouldn’t these values be erased upon starting Scorched3D again. Otherwise it seems like the prices would just keep going up and up.

Sadly, this was not an answer to my first problem. I’ll have the new files and screenshots up in just a few minutes.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Ok everything has been updated. My file has been “Mod-ified” *snicker* *Snort*…

Anyway, I have another question. This one is dedicated to Gavin. Is it currently possible to place a projectile model on the GUI but not have the tank use it? This would be very useful for the laser and I’ve already made a GUI model but no way to implement it.

A Moogle
    Participant

Death – simply put these lines in(directly under accessory beginning but before accessoryaction):

modeldir/modelfile.txt 

or for ase files…

modelfile.ase
    modelskin.bmp

-Kupo, off.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Only when I went back in the price was the exact same. Come to find out EconomyFreeMarket was screwing things up because it had a preset price value from playing the game last time.

No these values need to be persistant from one game to the next just in case a server crashes or is stopped. They are meant to build up a map of what is popular and what is not and assign the money accordingly.

My question is, why are these FreeMarket prices loaded when a new game is being played? Shouldn’t these values be erased upon starting Scorched3D again. Otherwise it seems like the prices would just keep going up and up.

They only go up when bought. If they are not bought they drop. According to supply and demand.
    [/quote]

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@deathstryker wrote:

Anyway, I have another question. This one is dedicated to Gavin. Is it currently possible to place a projectile model on the GUI but not have the tank use it? This would be very useful for the laser and I’ve already made a GUI model but no way to implement it.

The laser does not use a model, it is a beam of light. Do you want to see the projectile fired as well the laser beam?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.