This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 11 years ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

I accept your appology, but please note, this was just an idea, and with a lot of help from some friends it is actually somewhat playable, yes it does have some problems, but I am just barely learning how to manipulate the code, Bobirov and Brain Damage created these weapons, I dont even know how yet, do you? but am trying to slowly learn.

your comments were like a slap in the face! for trying to add a little variety to the game, it was not my idea to use it for the tourny, I was as surprised as anyone when it was mentioned, but it did give me a little encouragement to stop dragging my feet and try to do something with it, something you with your witty comments has taken away from me.
    I am not quitting, but I am taking a serious break from it, this game is a break from reality for me, and usually alot of fun untill comments like yours come into play, honestly can you do better?

I have taken the server down so as not to confuse people about the tourny, and it will stay down untill I feel good about trying it again, I am always open to critisism, if it is constructive!
    but I come here for fun, not to feel like crap, thanx guy!

I’m surely leaving that team tournament if such dumb stuff will be in it.

👿

if someone else feels like messing with it feel free, I dont right now, instead I would rather start learning the code and how to use it, and maybe even come up with something else, who knows!
    DireWolf

Thrax
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

I accept your appology, but please note, this was just an idea, and with a lot of help from some friends it is actually somewhat playable, yes it does have some problems, but I am just barely learning how to manipulate the code, Bobirov and Brain Damage created these weapons, I dont even know how yet, do you? but am trying to slowly learn.
    -clip-
    if someone else feels like messing with it feel free, I dont right now, instead I would rather start learning the code and how to use it, and maybe even come up with something else, who knows!
    DireWolf

You know I’ve always had a thing for lasers.
    Already on it.. pop onto the laser-test serv if it’s up, I’ll do a few little
    tweaks. Anyone who has critisism(good or bad), can direct them towards
    me instead..

BOY
    Participant

see my sig’

|
    /

DireWolf
    Participant

Badshot, I appologize for my past words, I am having some very bad personal problems in my life right now, and just having a hard time in general, and my rants, they didnt make things better either!
    I am sorry 😳

badshot
    Participant

This was all rather confusing – i didn’t consider possibility that the mod would be avocated some way without approval of modder or without “advocate” actually playing it etc. I.e. i expected my remark to have rather small effect (if any), hence the rudeness.
    I know how bad it is when your work is not apprecitated, and especially when it’s not your fault that your incomplete work entered some kind of “competition” with other estabilished and tested stuff and get “criticized” in result….
    It was of course completely unfair to compare new mod with well evolved balanced mod (especially “none” mod (that wasn’t without problems)), my further apologies.

Irishbandit
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

I am having some very bad personal problems in my life right now, and just having a hard time in general

Sorry to hear that Dire 🙁 🙁 . Hope things start to get better. I think your work deserves some applause. =D> =D>

InductiveOne
    Participant

I played for a hour or two last night. Realy though it was fun. I must be realy bad because I didn’t feel it was very easy at all! Oh this is my first post blah blah hello. I think if nothing else this is a realy fun way to get better with lasers in general. Then bended lasers are a realy awesome idea, being able to shoot people below you is pretty awesome (and pretty tough). I spend at least as many shots trying to hit someone (on the up/down plane) as I do getting distance right with regular projectiles. Acualy a bit more for the long shots. If I’m allowed to make suggestions in my first post ever it would be some sort of shotgun laser spread type things (that would be pretty expensive).

I am realy getting myself motivated to try working with some modding on my own. I wont pretend like I’ll be usefull in that department for awile, but I am a fairly terrible modeler. That being said I could try to see how tough modeling is for bombs and whatever. One thing I might be able to help with is sound. I am a musician and can help whoever with gun/explosion/laser/ambient/whatever sounds. I have many years of sound design experience and I am almost a reliable person sometimes. Thrax, I owe you a few lasers to the face btw.

And if anyone ever sees bobirov on a server run and hide he’s about to kill you.

Oh yeah, I realy would like to help people with sounds, shoot me an email at killinductive@hotmail.com or track me down on whatever server i’m getting killed on.

InductiveOne
    Participant

oh yeah, and dire, i totaly didn’t save your email adress. If its not in the post of your I was just looking at shoot me an email when you have a chance.

Thrax
    Participant

@inductiveone wrote:

I played for a hour or two last night. Realy though it was fun. I must be realy bad because I didn’t feel it was very easy at all! Oh this is my first post blah blah hello. I think if nothing else this is a realy fun way to get better with lasers in general. Then bended lasers are a realy awesome idea, being able to shoot people below you is pretty awesome (and pretty tough). I spend at least as many shots trying to hit someone (on the up/down plane) as I do getting distance right with regular projectiles. Acualy a bit more for the long shots. If I’m allowed to make suggestions in my first post ever it would be some sort of shotgun laser spread type things (that would be pretty expensive).

Great, I love getting feedback.
    A Scatter-shot laser. hmm, has potential.
    i’ve also had request of a version of Crazy-Ivan using a small Sat-Strike.
    And if it’s an energy-based, I was wondering if the Plasma-Blast had backing.

Laser’s aren’t hard to use, but they do take practice to use them ‘Well’..

Bobirov
    Participant

@inductiveone wrote:

And if anyone ever sees bobirov on a server run and hide he’s about to kill you.

*hides the knife when he notices people are looking over at him*

Who me? Never! 😈

BOY
    Participant

if anyone cares to look, I messed with mooglemod for 39.1 the other day, there was actually a fairly cool looking laser spread in there. I think that shockmod has a decent laser cannon witha bit of a spread to it too. a bit more spread and could easily be a laser shotgun.

InductiveOne
    Participant

Yeah, about the laser shotgun I was just looking at the one in raptor mod. I’m still not entirely sure what I’m looking at as far as the xml files are concerned. So I guess the lasers were acualy models for the laser shotgun. But not all the lasers are models are they? Anyway, I’m going to mess around a bit after work. I have a million ideas I wont be able to figure out on my own so expect stupid questions soon.

Anyone use wings3d for modeling? I might try importing into milkshake and saving to text format from there. Whatever, if anyone is around on the laser server tonight consider me on my way to killing you.

If this shows up multiple times thank my super fast 14.4 connection.

Irishbandit
    Participant

I have yet to look at the xml and have yet to work on modding but i might have to look as well. What we all need a noob mod. 😉

Thrax
    Participant

@irishbandit wrote:

I have yet to look at the xml and have yet to work on modding but i might have to look as well. What we all need a noob mod. 😉

Pop onto the server anytime, it’s reopened again.

I did the altered Crazy-Ivan, used a photon spray instead of nuke.
    Clipped in the Plasma-Blast, and am looking at a few ideas on a weak
    shot-gun laser.

let me know what you think, and keep the ideas coming.

-I love being a Turtle!- Rapheal

Panther30
    Participant

Hey dire,

if you want to use the two lasers I created for panthermod in the laser tourny mod, you are welcomed to.

The phaser with custom sound

Laser gatling with custom sound (the laser fire weapon is referenced in this weapon so I included the code for both)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.