This topic contains 42 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  cbx550f 10 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

The laser mod is setup for testing, here are a few things you need to know before playing 🙄

1. there is no base weapon to start, you have to buy something or you will be weaponless.

2.because there is no base weapon cash has been set to 100.000, dont be fooled by this, it is very easy to spend all your cash, if this happens you will have no weapons.

3. buy fuel, this is a must, if you are higher on the map than your opponant, you are toast, unless you learn to use the bended laser.

4.the bot on the server is only a target bot, and cannot shoot at you, so if you want to play, I suggest you bring another player with you.

5.some of the maps are big and a bit hard to play on, this can be changed, but I will wait untill I recieve some feedback.

6.wind speed is set on all maps at 5, this will not affect regular lasers, it was to make it harder to use the Sat strike weapon.

7.this server is set up for testing purposes, and still needs work, so with that in mind, feel free to leave your problems, Ideas or gripes in this forum. and we will try to get things setup better.

8.I am not a modder, and I dont want credit for it, I just came up with the idea, Bobirov and Brain Damage are the ones who created the weapons, and a few of the maps are from Bobs Apoc mod, I did darken the skies, but only after I got instructions from Bob.

hope you like it, but be warned, this is a bit hard to get used to.

DireWolf
    Participant

Thanx to Bobirov there is now the regular laser set for infinite ammo, and you will now start with 20 fuel, 4 batts and 2 chutes, so things will be a bit easier now, dont worry about chutes too much though, I have not had a need for them yet while testing things.
    I will leave the cash set at 100.000 for a lil while untill I can figure out a good and fair starting amount.

Thrax
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

Thanx to Bobirov there is now the regular laser set for infinite ammo, and you will now start with 20 fuel, 4 batts and 2 chutes, so things will be a bit easier now, dont worry about chutes too much though, I have not had a need for them yet while testing things.
    I will leave the cash set at 100.000 for a lil while untill I can figure out a good and fair starting amount.

Tried it last nite. It was a blast!!(wthout blasts..)

As usual, I blew all my cash too fast and was scraping near the end. But i
    still managed to kill the target 8 of 10 rounds.

Don’t know about the laser as inf.. you have Pen Lasers in normal and Bended.
    Why not make them sting a tiny bit (5-10), and make them infinite.

Achieving a full kill with lasers isn’t as easy as you think, so i’d put
    more cash reward on damage. Most players would be firing 3-5 times before a kill.

Bobirov
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

This is kinda what I was thinking too. Pen laser should do a small amount of damage and be infinite. Then swap laser back to purchasable weapon. But I just did what DW told me to do. 😉

DireWolf
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@thrax wrote:

This is kinda what I was thinking too. Pen laser should do a small amount of damage and be infinite. Then swap laser back to purchasable weapon. But I just did what DW told me to do. 😉

This is why i posted this, and launched the server, I wanted some feedback from people who actually would enjoy playing this, and Thrax spent a good amount of time beating the hell out that poor target bot, so I value his opinion very much, and Bobirov’s also, cuz to me he is a Scorched Guru and one hell of a cool guy, I dont know jack about setting this kind of thing up, so I value both of your opinions very much, and anyone else’s opinion who is interested in playing this.

So I need to ask, to make a weapon infinite i would need this tag?
    -1 , and remove it to restore it to the way it was?
    and I am guessing that this tag would be the damage that this weapon would cause?
    40 ??

if so would >1020< be a good setting for the pen laser to do a little sting?

also Thrax, since you have spent some time playing, do you think the cash should stay the same, be raised, or be less, you said you almost ran out of cash, and that was just playing against a target bot, with a real opponant I am guessing you would go through the cash even faster, or maybe boost the interest a little and keep the cash as is. I am curious what you think on this.

and do you think that 50 might be a good setting for the regular laser and regular bended laser? or is the damage good for this weapon?

thank you both for your input, without it I would be a lost wolf.

Bobirov
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

So I need to ask, to make a weapon infinite i would need this tag?
    -1 , and remove it to restore it to the way it was?
    and I am guessing that this tag would be the damage that this weapon would cause?
    40 ??

if so would >1020< be a good setting for the pen laser to do a little sting?

All correct sir.

DireWolf
    Participant

Ok, the pen laser is the only infinite weap now, and does just a weee bit of damage, I am keeping the first round buy setting though, or round 1 will end up being a very long round.

I have upped the starting batts to 40 instead of 20.

also I have noticed that chutes are NOT needed, imagine that, a game of Scorched with no chutes!!!!! I will probably still hit the P key without even thinking about it 😆

Thrax
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

Ok, the pen laser is the only infinite weap now, and does just a weee bit of damage, I am keeping the first round buy setting though, or round 1 will end up being a very long round.

With the cash for damage low, the starting cash looks like a lot, but it gets used up pretty fast.
    However, as most others know, I suck at saving money..

Balancing the money levels is just as hard as balancing the damage.
    Right now there’s a good assortment of lasers, both straight and ‘Bended’..
    Only a few ballistic-arc weapons for the wind to push.
    Having the pens just barely prick the target will be perfect.
    Damage levels on the other lasers are good. Anyone whose practiced with
    lasers can kill with 2-3 normal laser shots.

The Rainbow (i believe) is designed to have variable damage depending
    on how close the target is. Good for shorter range shots..

i’ll play a few more times and get a better idea of how prices rate.

badshot
    Participant

What’s the point of this mod anyway? Everyone goes to the lowest height he can reach and shots eachother with laser big enough to kill? there’s no possibility to miss if you’re accurate (BTW via console you can turn off terrain to see through), there is no ballistics, nothing.
    I’m surely leaving that team tournament if such dumb stuff will be in it.

IMO lasers would be interesting if them would bounce off the roof and would not go through terrain, or something like that. The currrent way how it works is okay for one or two exotic weapons but very dumb as main weapon.

BOY
    Participant

badshot, I think the point was to create some fun looking weaopns and have a wee bit of fun zapping each other, and the tournament is going on with a “normal” game, so relax.

laser tourny will hopefully be part of the MegaMod™ Tournament later on.

DireWolf
    Participant

@badshot wrote:

What’s the point of this mod anyway? Everyone goes to the lowest height he can reach and shots eachother with laser big enough to kill? there’s no possibility to miss if you’re accurate (BTW via console you can turn off terrain to see through), there is no ballistics, nothing.
    I’m surely leaving that team tournament if such dumb stuff will be in it.

IMO lasers would be interesting if them would bounce off the roof and would not go through terrain, or something like that. The currrent way how it works is okay for one or two exotic weapons but very dumb as main weapon.

gee thanx guy, I appreciate your opininion, no it wont be in the tournament, sorry you dont like it, this is just an idea in the making, but if you think you need to leave the tourny, I wont be broken hearted!!!!
    I did ask for opininions, but not to be threatend, as a matter of fact, consider this mod gone, thanx for the encouragement!!!

BOY
    Participant

pay no mind to badshot, he’s just grumpy 😡

badshot
    Participant

If team tournament is not played with this mod, then allright. I have nothing against fancy looking weapons or people having fun or something like that, even if i don’t understand what is fun there (perhaps fun of making of the mod; but note that fun of making of something doesn’t imply fun of playing something especially if one originally thinks it is going to be something more or less like scorched earth).

Just i’m coming to this forum to see what’s up with team tournament, and read BOY’s remark about possibility it would be lasermod (in the team tournament thread where it was discussed what mod it will be). I joined tournament group expecting it would be scorched3d tournament; maybe with mods like small weapons or something like that.
    Perhaps lasermod is simply too different from what one expects from ballistics game like scorched earth (where, you know, earth has to be scorched).

edit: for clarity
    @boy wrote:

😡 😡 😡 😡 😡

I dont understand you sometimes.

I’m pretty sure I meantioned that the mod was being developed, I’ve been suggesting for a long time that we do the lasermod, but I still dont knew what mod it will be. All I know for sure is that it will be a TEAMS tournament for sure.

If you are unhappy about this and you think you and brain’s team will not be happy about also having a mod, then please feel free to quit, or make a new team or a poll, or anything you want, nothing is for sure except one thing

ITS A TEAMS TOURNAMENT!!

I think it would be sad if you did not play it because it was not your favorite mod though, I will play it no matter what mod is picked.

Shit, we can make it even more than one mod, one mod for one week and one mod for another week, or hell, lets make it all the mods, why limit ourselves to two.

edit: btw. if you use fuel to move, and somebody shot laser at you, you get damage anyway(in normal scorched that is). Is there some delay in lasermod so movements would be interesting?

BOY
    Participant

sure, with only strait shootin lasers, the game would be too one dimensional, I havent’ played it yet, but I thought the weapons would include stuff like Sat Strike, and other ones that can be shot. i heard of the “bended laser” and some other fun ones. I think it sounds like it will be a challenge. I just have not had time at home to go play it.

For the Teams tournament I had thought to add the better laser weaons to the normal game, and go from there. but for the summer tournament would be cool to only have lasers 😀

badshot, you might try to be a little more open minded about things that are just taking off, lasermod is only Just now getting feedback and things. There is no reason whatsoever to stomp on it from the start.

badshot
    Participant

BTW, my sorries to the DireWolf about dumb remark, i meant that use of the laser mod in this team tournament without mentioning this waay beforehand would be very dumb idea (and still think that it would be indeed very dumb). The remark was not really targetted at him.

The idea of having tournament of many different mods is good, though.

As about open mindness, it is rather clear that lasers has much fewer varying factors than normal weapons. I don’t think one or two weapons that fly around would help. Just try playing with this mod a little, with yourself, in single player.
    Besides, if earth is not scorched, it isn’t scorched earth.
    It can evolve into something interesting, but i don’t think it will if the idea is to have lasers only.

In team game problem is even worse – team can always kill one player immediayely by just having enough people shot him. Unluckly kind of the hill can’t do a thing – fuel doesn’t save from laser, batteries don’t cure dead, etc.

Also, open mindness about things that are taking off, and open mindness about your idea about tournament is different things.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.