This topic contains 85 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 9 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

pastor of muppets
    Participant

The kids suggested things like a playground or sandboxes for their maps. They also suggested the zoo but that might be a little disturbing blowing up the ape house or cutting of a giraffes head.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

ok. someone needs to take it by the rollers.

how about this…

cbx, you put together a list of models. giraffe model, care bear model whatever. maybe we can distribute them to anyone willing to help.

thrax, maybe you could give some thought to the weapons.

i’ll see about putting together a couple of height maps.

k?

anyone willing to contribute should post a comment

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Thanks LD I really wish I could help but seriously I know absolutely nothing about it. I would love to learn though.

yusuf
    Participant

hmm this looks interesting…i think ill make some models and post them…well if they are approved iam sure to convert it to milk shape format for use … ill take some ideas from here and have some of my own but really, what kids like is just what kids like! nothing would make them more happier than their own ideas comming in use

ps
    yusuf

yusuf
    Participant

i like the idea of water balloons, they could be used to disable the tanks ..well then once hit by a balloon u can no longer move …ahh chewing gum can do wonders too! same function as dirt!! :P…
    as of killing each other we need to make it soft right? how about throw pillows on the tank and they just trip off a cliff or something like that? the good old WORMS game 🙂 … well it can go on like this… if this is a serious plan then i think iam willing to help at any level … i can contribute uptil modelling

yusuf
    Participant

heres one i have created to give it a vehicle look as well as a cute look ..

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

very nice. what’s the triangle count? can u optimise it to 5k or less? u ok with exporting to blender?

pastor of muppets
    Participant

I like it Y!!!!!!! Thanks!!

yusuf
    Participant

poly count is 856 something ..yes i can try and reduce the size…i havent tried the blender yet….ill just see what i can do there..
    and np pom … i like doing what iam doing 🙂

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

ok. a quick draft for a height map. there’s a fine line between friendly and creepy with children’s toys. i need some feedback before i go any further.

i hate when people don’t comply with my bidding.

cbx? figuratives?

there are lots of capable people around here at the moment. given direction we could have a full-on mod in a month.

someone else! someone else!..
    I’M someone else.

(simpsons)

yusuf
    Participant

look sweet…hmm…i think it has no problems till here as far as my judging goes …

cbx550f
    Participant

The bear looks good. 🙂

I think the collaborative idea is a good one. It can be tough to do something like this as coordinating efforts can be tough.

I just woke up, but later today I’ll reread the comments in this thread and put together a list of demands…. errr, a plan. 😉

Also, I whipped off a quick “Gingerbreadman” map the other day, see pic. I figured to use modelled targets for the buttons and eyes etc.

The AI
    Participant

Just had a thought. Candyland, there are some candycane models floating around here somewhere, a bit of surround and pink fog, and viola; the candycane forest.

cbx550f
    Participant

Just a comment on the weapon stuff, Thrax: I think it would be good to keep the numbers of weapons down to keep things simple. That, and although I know you love the lasers, using one as a weapon might not be the best idea, as it behaves fundamentally different from other weaps.
    Perhaps a laser effect could be used in the weaponexplosion, however!

The AI
    Participant

Forgot about Jdog’s map; I was thinking of the board game. A whole set of maps could be made off from it.

I would have to agree about lasers, with how bad some people are with them (no offence to them) on other servers, I am not too sure that they could be used effectively with this age demographic we are going for.

unless they were huge, and called flash lights, to be used to scare away the the monster under the bed.

I suppose gremlins would be over the bracket? I am thinking of thrax’s storm trooper code.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 87 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.