This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  hobbesme 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

The kibitzing window should be removed. Ironically, the kibitzing window can be used to kibitz — anyone can press the darn thing, everybody sees the stupid kibitzing window, but nobody knows who did it! Thus, one or more players can constantly annoy everyone else with the stupid kibitzing window. Not that I’ve seen this happen more than once. Besides players’ smack talk seems to police itself anyways, even when people start smack talking like 5-year-old jackasses.

As far as I know the kibitzing window only shows on the local machine. It does not cause other clients to see it, or perhaps I am wrong, i’ll check.

Willis
    Participant

I belive it is only on the local machine, for the only times it would come up for me would be when I myself request the window. The chances of nobody else ever requesting it while I was online (on the assumption it could be used as hobbes mentioned) are slim to null n void. As I mentioned in one of my prior posts, I have seen numerous occasions people ask what the window means, and never on those occasions have the window apear without me calling upon it.

Which I only call upon it to remember how to spell that word 😛

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@willis wrote:

I belive it is only on the local machine, for the only times it would come up for me would be when I myself request the window. The chances of nobody else ever requesting it while I was online (on the assumption it could be used as hobbes mentioned) are slim to null n void. As I mentioned in one of my prior posts, I have seen numerous occasions people ask what the window means, and never on those occasions have the window apear without me calling upon it.

Which I only call upon it to remember how to spell that word 😛

The only reason it is in Scorched3D is because the original game did it when you pessed the same key. Ah nostalgia 😉

hobbesme
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

As far as I know the kibitzing window only shows on the local machine. It does not cause other clients to see it, or perhaps I am wrong, i’ll check.

I must be in the wrong since you all are in agreement.

Apparently, I’ve been kibitzing myself — probably by hitting ‘k’ shortly after hitting ‘t’ to text, but the text window isn’t up yet to receive my ‘k’; similar to hitting ‘i’ after hitting ‘t’ thereby screwing your HUD display.

Sorry!

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.