This topic contains 13 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  tux 13 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

drywater
    Participant

i load up everything… get to the tank selection screen then it crashes not stating what the error is. i dont noe what to do and im a big fan of the original scorch and want to play online. it allows me to play along with the computers aka bots but they kinda boring. please help. specs are 500 mhz 192 ram conn-dsl other stuff that make this game playable on this cpu. please help. thanks in advance

Anonymous
    Participant

**Edited by admin**

hobbesme
    Participant

@anonymous wrote:

your all a whole bunch of useless ***** losers who cant help anyone out.

I don’t know who is the most loserishest :

1. We “whole bunch of useless … losers who cant [sic] help anyone out”

OR

2. The anonymous loser who can’t see all the posts where us losers did help each other :
      1. http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5250&highlight=#5250
      2. http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5237&highlight=#5237
      3. http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=5224&highlight=#5224
      4. etc. etc.

I thought that our community of players was very helpful with each others’ gaming problems. Maybe I was wrong.

But who’s the most loserishest? Our community of players or the acting-like-a-13-year-old lamer who anonymously curses our community?

You decide.

@anonymous wrote:

**** you united kingdom of crap.

I have no idea what that means.

dracon23
    Participant

hello.

if you want my advice i have two suggestions to the anonymous poster and to “drywater”

1st to the less than clean mouth “Anonymous” poster please avoid posting that kind of stuf. there are many youngsters who access this site regularly and we all do not want to have to put up with an “adult” rated stamp on this game.

And the 2nd to “drywater”. when i originally installed this game i had the same problem if i were you i would turn off the tank skins in the game settings. that usually caused me the most trouble. also post your system specs so that those who are familar with these things will have a better idea on how to help you. they might be able to say directly what you need to do to fix the problem.

hope this helps 😀

dracon23

Anonymous
    Participant

wow u guys are bitches. you show that youve helped other out but u cant help this kid drywater.. wow ur fuckin gayass people.

Ebonite
    Participant

@anonymous wrote:

wow u guys are bitches. you show that youve helped other out but u cant help this kid drywater.. wow ur f**k gayass people.

As has been pointed out already, “this kid drywater” did not post enough information, and dracon23 posted a “best fix” for the little info that was provided. But if our “lack of assistance” keeps away “losers such as yourself”, glad to “not be of help”. 😈

Deathstryker
    Participant

Anonymous wrote:
    wow u guys are b**ches. you show that youve helped other out but u cant help this kid drywater.. wow ur f**k gay*ss people.

Wow, you’re intelligent. It’s not like you are helping anything either by being an idiot. Are you angry because your mommy won’t let you play Scorched3D because of tank violence and are taking it out on the forum community?

tux
    Participant

Like the OP, I can’t seem to stop my client from crashing.
    It doesn’t seem to matter what I do, but I can never get Scorched3d to stay running for an entire round now.

Main Settings: 1024×768, Large dialog/fonts, Misc options off except “invert key elevation”.

Troubleshooting Detail and textures are right down, every box here it checked except “Don’t draw water”, “Don’t animate water”, and “No tank skins”.

Hardware: XP1700+, 1024MB RAM, GF4Ti4200 (128MB).

I HAD it working for over an hour the day that I installed it, and I was running it with all the settings up nice and high.

Any help???

cbx550f
    Participant

Hiya Tux – I’m guessing by the name that you’re running Linux – assuming you are, have you tried the newest driver (came out not too long ago, version 6106)

Also (still assuming you’re running Linux), anything interesting in your /var/log/messages after the crash occurs?

Might also be worth checking your /var/log/XFree86.log file.
    With that hardware I would think you’d be able to crank all the setting right up.

Cheers!

cbx

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@tux wrote:

Like the OP, I can’t seem to stop my client from crashing.
    It doesn’t seem to matter what I do, but I can never get Scorched3d to stay running for an entire round now.

Main Settings: 1024×768, Large dialog/fonts, Misc options off except “invert key elevation”.

Troubleshooting Detail and textures are right down, every box here it checked except “Don’t draw water”, “Don’t animate water”, and “No tank skins”.

Hardware: XP1700+, 1024MB RAM, GF4Ti4200 (128MB).

I HAD it working for over an hour the day that I installed it, and I was running it with all the settings up nice and high.

Any help???

If you can compile it and give me a core dump that would be appreciated.

tux
    Participant

Yes, I’m running Linux, as you correctly assumed.
    Yes, I’m running the latest 6106 drivers, again correctly assumed (and a bit older than “not too long ago”).
    Yes, I can crank the settings up to full, as still get reasonable FPS. :D:D

I have compiled it but dunno where it drops it’s cores too.
    I haven’t looked in /var/log/messages or /var/log/XFree86.0.log for anything interesting though.

As this box happens to be dual-boot, I’ve decided to download the Windoze version and I get the same crashing, so I think it MAY be my hardware that’s playing up a bit. Could be my graphics card, as when I was first playing S3d I was at a LAN party and now I’ve brought my box back home and the journey could’ve upset the Gf4TI4200.

tux
    Participant

Well, I think I’m getting closer to the cause of my problems…..

It appears that Scorched it Seg faulting on me.

# scorched3d -startclient ~/.scorched3d/singlecustom.xml
    Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

That’s with a fresh install of scorched (“apt-get install scorched3d{,-d{ata,oc}}”)

imported_gcamp
    Participant

To get a core you will need to start it with the -allowexceptions flag.
    Also set “ulimit -c unlimited” in the same shell before running to allow core dumps.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@tux wrote:

Well, I think I’m getting closer to the cause of my problems…..

It appears that Scorched it Seg faulting on me.

# scorched3d -startclient ~/.scorched3d/singlecustom.xml
    Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)

That’s with a fresh install of scorched (“apt-get install scorched3d{,-d{ata,oc}}”)

I have the core files, thanks. However they do not seem to make sense against the 37.2 linux rpms that I have tried debugging them against.
    I am sorry I am not familiar with the apt-get command does it find an RPM or compile it from scratch?

If it does compile it then I cannot debug the core dumps as I won’t have the original source. In this case a stack dump from you is the best I can hope for.

tux
    Participant

apt-get is to Debian as the RPM utility is to Redhat.
    It’s Debian’s package management utility that works a treat.

The packages are .deb files and I think that I the version I’m running is a custom compile that I have done despite saying that I had done a fresh install.

I don’t know what has happenned to the Scorched binaries/source b/w the package maintainer getting them and packaging them up into a .deb.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.