This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 8 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

pastor of muppets
    Participant

The time is now 9:36 p.m. CST there are three jerks in main cussing wildly in front of spitfires 13 year old daughter any admins around we could use you in here. I have logs if you need them.

Rommel
    Participant

Due to the failure to institute the registered
    player option, a 2 week mute for these ISPs
    may be the only solution that seems fitting.

Muting the player name would be senseless
    and a total waste of time. They are having
    a delightful time showing us their butts and
    failure to do something effective would only
    seem to encourage them to try again.

These problems are easily corrected if the
    admins chose to implement some better
    controls.

tumbleweed
    Participant

Thanks POM, outter

Outer
    Participant

Action taken and reported to the other admins. Im gonna talk with my co-admins if we can make something about when admins are not present.

@rommel
    Implementation is not in our hands really, that is to the debs, we can only be there and take action.

Rommel
    Participant

Muting them proved very effective for me
    but that doesn’t eliminate the likelyhood of
    repeat performances.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Thank you outer for taking care of the problem. Sad but they ran off two new players.

Outer
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

Thank you outer for taking care of the problem. Sad but they ran off two new players.

Yes quite sad that newcomers have to see this kind of stuff. Hope no more players like that come, but hey its the internet… :S

Chopper
    Participant

Was one of them “something” Tiger , I left him a little before that after a full game on beginners and had to tone him down alot. he discovered the censor has trouble with caps.

No one on main when I left a little before that (I’m eastern) before 10:00pm

edit_never mind, I see names in admin section, they’re on the permanent fecal roster, will keep an eye out…..sounds like a pair of aces.

tumbleweed
    Participant

In instances like this I am always glad for the built in “Ignore” function of the chat. I get the feeling I’ve seen these clowns before, but under different names. I appreciate the fast actions taken to eliminate the problem, as my 13yr old daughter was trying to play.

One note, however one of the aspects of the game I enjoy is it’s somewhat casual nature. In instances like this the subject of preventing “jerks” always comes up. Please be careful in your decisions. While a few jerks can chase off new players, excessive “controls” can deter legit players, while doing very little to prevent the jerks, who think it’s a challenge to circumvent such measures.

BOY
    Participant

The chat filter probably could be enhanced, would be nice. It will never cover everything but it should cover obvious stuff.

THe chat filter is a long standing point of contention, there is merit in putting in a feature/bug request. The devs are the ones to handle that, not the admins. Concerns and ideas about a fix shoudl be directed to the feature request thread. Admins who have a concern should talk about it to the devs.

I can say for sure, but there may not be much more they can do to fix the filter. We’ll see.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.