This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Ebonite
    Participant

I voted yes. BUT, that is in reference to beginning-of-the-round truces, when you see who you are next to and how close. What irks me about truces is the “unspoken and permanent” truces some players have. Usually they involve a couple of players from a non-English speaking country who set up the truce via text in their native language. Being an ignorant American with no language skills other than English (and poorly at that) I don’t know it’s a truce until 5 rounds in and those players are right next to each other and shooting the same target all the way across the map. I think truces are a fair and valid tactic, AS LONG AS THE OTHER PLAYERS ARE AWARE OF IT.

Oh, and island vs island rounds are pretty cool. Hay Soup! How about putting a late-game island vs island shot in your next video? I like zooming out and watching all the warheads fly past each other…

DireWolf
    Participant

@eboniteยฒ wrote:

Hay Soup! How about putting a late-game island vs island shot in your next video? I like zooming out and watching all the warheads fly past each other…

yes, I could that, I was also thinking about filming a 2 on 2 matchup, the whole match, after trimming it all up would make for a nice piece of video I believe, maybe to the song Eye of the tiger LOL ๐Ÿ˜ˆ

BOY
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

Boy, I didn’t set him up. He and Darek! said no. I thought that one of them will might shoot me and they were near each other so I shot the FB.

apache.

read carefully,
    Boy wrote:

Bronsky was simply annoyed because it appeared that you set him up, although this cannot be proven. I understand his attitude. he felt a bit singled out there it would seem

I am saying! that it just looked that way TO HIM, i am not accusing you of actually doing it, but you see, perception is reality, thats all.

TORA
    Participant

Is not easy 4 me to post a reply and explain my opinion cause my bad english but i try. ๐Ÿ˜•
    1st thing: apache64d has not said that it was already at least the 4th time that he made truces in that game.
    2nd: I have not never said nothing against truces to a novice or a player who in the game is not in fight for the “overall winner”.Apache64d is ranked 7 and he was in fight 4 the victory in that game.
    3rd:when in one match a player start to make truces, it forces the others players to make the same thing if they want to survive, and the game becomes a teams’s match.In the game after u have gone off , no ones have made or have asked truces.

I ask excuse to all the players who think to have been offenses from my speeches against the truces (u are not the 1st Apache).
    Simple: i dont like truces, i dont like how the game becomes with truces.
    So, from now, i will not say nothing more against truces and ‘pacifists’,and I will not play that type of games.

I hope that my reply is comprehensible ๐Ÿ˜‰

BOY
    Participant

TORA,

I suggest you burn them all, burn them untill they cannot be burnt any longer. Yes, it is easier when you are a Boy that has a fire breathing dragon on your side, so I will help you burn them (after I finish burning you ๐Ÿ˜› ). Anyway, dont say anything at all, just kill them, over and over and over again. It will “make U happy”

as far as trucing goes, I cant remembe the last time I asked for one. I will sometimes agree to a truce when asked, but only when there are a large number of players, PLUS I think i will immediatley die if I do not. Typically I turn down truces though. I am always willing to go for an island war, but have not seen many islands that can agree on this.

I will always keep one eye on you though….. ๐Ÿ˜‰

TORA
    Participant

I have forgotten to say who I am ๐Ÿ˜ฎ few players know me like ‘tora’ that is my nickname in the real life too.In Scorched im The Mom (aka Bronsky,Blue Oyster,Make u Happy….. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ ).Sry ๐Ÿ˜‰
    4 Boy :i have napalm ready to launch ๐Ÿ˜€
    cya

Spectrum
    Participant

Hey think it is lagite i dont do it all the time but i do truce when im right next 2 some1 or at other times

Panther30
    Participant

Trucing is not legitimate on a Free for all server at least. People like to truce on the bot inhabited server I run with the line “bots first?” it is a FREE FOR ALL server and the player asking this will be immediately dispatched by one of the server’s admins by the largest weapon the admin has at their disposal. Truces will be immediately dispatched in the same manner.

You have all been warned. (if you want teams, play on a teams server)

—Panther30

Irishbandit
    Participant

willis “But I rarely truce myself – if I was to ever ask for at truce, it will come down to survival. Maybe a player and I had consistantly killed each other and it became tiresome.” ๐Ÿ˜†
    Irishbandit: waves at willis!!!

Truces rock!!! Ok to all you trucer haters i have a funky for you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

BOY
    Participant

@eboniteยฒ wrote:

I voted yes. BUT, that is in reference to beginning-of-the-round truces, when you see who you are next to and how close. What irks me about truces is the “unspoken and permanent” truces some players have. Usually they involve a couple of players from a non-English speaking country who set up the truce via text in their native language. Being an ignorant American with no language skills other than English (and poorly at that) I don’t know it’s a truce until 5 rounds in and those players are right next to each other and shooting the same target all the way across the map. I think truces are a fair and valid tactic, AS LONG AS THE OTHER PLAYERS ARE AWARE OF IT….

Policy Announcement & Request
    I would like to formally announce that if I become aware of players who are playing favorites, or have a secret truce by means of a partnership, alliance, armistice, or any other sort of unspoken and ongoing, planned “friendly” relationship, I will do everything in my power to eliminate those players with extreem prejudice, ignoring imminent personal danger or gain. Furthermore, if anyone who is aware of a secret truce requests my assistance in dispatching alledged battle buddies, I will enlist my forces to aid them as soon as I have been granted approval by the appropriate governing body. Note: Please submit required paperwork signed by relevant authority.

I would like to know if anyone else would like to adopt this this enforcement policy.

Boy

fcb ori
    Participant

i beleive in truces that are not announced
    non speaking truce to a single round ,that i can break anytime i want know this type? like i see somome near me and i dont shoot him till i want

apache this is for u

http://www.nrg.co.il/online/1/ART/889/451.html

for non hebrew readers
    its says that israel got new apache64 longbow helicopters!!!

BOY
    Participant

@fcb (ori) wrote:

i beleive in truces that are not announced
    non speaking truce to a single round ,that i can break anytime i want know this type? like i see somome near me and i dont shoot him till i want

I dont really think that is actually a truce unless it is the same two players severl times

But, It seems you, FCB, might be one of those that Ebonite described, not only do you make little sense, it seems that you will make and break silent truces whenever you want?. I guess that is ok for you if you say “all is fair in war”, so no one will mind then if I kill you first every time, or did I misunderstand?

cbx550f
    Participant

I think you did misunderstand – I took it as a situation like this:

Ebo and I are close together, but I decide to go for someone else first shot, thinking (or hoping) he’s thinking the same. I’ve done this before – a sort of “unspoken truce”, as FCB mentioned, but as he also mentioned, it’s not binding. ๐Ÿ˜‰

BOY
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I think you did misunderstand – I took it as a situation like this:

Ebo and I are close together, but I decide to go for someone else first shot, thinking (or hoping) he’s thinking the same. I’ve done this before – a sort of “unspoken truce”, as FCB mentioned, but as he also mentioned, it’s not binding. ๐Ÿ˜‰

LOL, it seems i have made a few of you worried. sorry about that

what you are talking about is a different matter. “hoping” is different than knowing, to be more clear i have ammended my stated policy to include, among others, the words “ongoing” and “planned“,

I am a bit confused as to how you can call these “truces”, when you really have no idea what the other guy will do as you have had no communication with them, and from what i gather it is not the same person over and over, right?. by silent, i do not mean you are knowing what the other guy will do, “secret” is the better word. as long as you have not done anything secretive, than you have nothing to worry about.

Also, I would say you are making a mistake by not shooting the player who is the most dangerous, hoping they will not kill you seems poor stratagy.

One more thing cbx, on what basis are you “hoping” that the other will not shoot you? is there some sort of “friendly” play between you and Ebo for instance โ“ Are you being “nice” to some but not others โ“

cbx550f
    Participant

@boy wrote:

Also, I would say you are making a mistake by not shooting the player who is the most dangerous, hoping they will not kill you seems poor stratagy.

Actually, what I was thinking of is when I’m forgoing a close ‘n easy kill to try to get someone who’ll beat me if I don’t get’m ๐Ÿ˜‰

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.