This topic contains 35 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

apache64d
    Participant

Today I had argiument with Bronsky (aka The MOM) about trucing.
    It started when myself, Darek!, Bronsky, and Smart were on the same island. I asked: “truce island?” Smart said ok. I asked Darek! and Bronsky (who were close to each other) and they said no. I thought that at least one of them will shot me so I shot at them (a funky bomb).
    Then Bronsky started complaining about me that I’m not playing “clean”, without trucing and he said that because I’m an admin and rank 7 I shouln’d trucing and play “clean” game. I said that 1000 (ok 95% of the) player do that and he dhould complain to all of them…(He even told me to “shut up”…)
    To my opion, trucing is a legimit act in the game. Ok maybe a hole Island truce is too much, but if some1 want to truce with another player ..well I think there is nothing wrong with that. It’s like to say that resigning (when u r “locked on the target”) is not “clean”(it’s anoying but legimit). Or also to say that using fuel is not “fair”.

I don’t truce every round or in a whole game.

well you all know what I vote

poolee
    Participant

Hey Apache64

Yeah, I believe trucing is fine tactic… it has helped many times to advance through the game. Sometimes I’ve truced with 1 or 2 others, who have truced with 1 or 2 other different people… makes for an interesting outcome.

On the otherhand, if a couple of 3 players truce on one side of the island, then that makes them a ripe target for a funky… guaranteed deaths there cos they won’t kill each other before your funky arrives.

So, no issues with trucing for me…

Cheers
    Poolee

Deathstryker
    Participant

Man these polls are fun. I chose 4 because I think trucing is fine as along as it’s not used to gang up on someone.

DireWolf
    Participant

I have to say yes, I am a relative newcomer to this game and truces were a part of the game before I came on to the scene, so who am I to change this, this game is evolving all the time, and whether you like it or not truces have become a part of the game, and always will be, even silent truces exist,
    if you have a low rank, others with higher ranks will usually shoot at you, this seems to me a type of silent truce, but it is part of the game, we all have the choice to truce or not to truce, if you dont like trucers kill em!
    you dont like resigners, shoot em
    you dont like shields, Funky em
    you dont like funkies, too bad
    dont like people who move, shoot em
    dont like people who pull out in front of you in traffic because they had a cell phone stuck to thier ear and werent paying attention, throw a ton of dirt at them.
    Do we need a baby sitter?

personally, I dont ask to truce, when asked it depends on my mood and my positioning in the game

apache64d
    Participant

Amen to that. 🙂

hobbesme
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

truces have become part of the game, and always will be, even silent truces

personally, I dont ask to truce, when asked it depends on my mood and my positioning in the game

DireWolf & I have very similar opinions on this matter.

I never ask for truce but will truce if asked & it makes tactical sense for me.

Whether stated or not, various tank position placements lead to verbal or silent truces or no truces at all. It’s a game. Truces are fair & even betraying truces is fair. Suck it up people!

As for apache’s example scenario — he asked for a local island truce; was voted against by 2-1; figured the truce was voted down; fired accordingly; & pssted off one or more players. I don’t fault him for his actions. His truce being voted against didn’t require him to honor his original offer of truce. And even if everyone agreed to the truce — admin or not, apache can take out the whole dang island! It’s a cut-throat wargame people! Suck it up!

AcidjacK
    Participant

@hobbesme wrote:

Truces are fair & even betraying truces is fair.

… remember me to never trust you 😀

BTW I voted yes

… helped me many times to keep my head over my shoulder 😀

hobbesme
    Participant

@acidjack wrote:

@hobbesme wrote:

Truces are fair & even betraying truces is fair.

… remember me to never trust you 😀

Which is perfectly reasonable.

Anyone that knows me knows how I play. I play to have fun, goof off, chat, text funny messages — but I also play to win.

And I attempt to win by the strategy that serves me best which includes targeting better players, the game winners, avoiding crowded islands, running, resigning, etc.

But it’s a wargame! In a last-man standing game, I don’t expect anyone to trust anyone for very long! 🙂

However, people that REALLY pay attention & know me know that I favor underdogs & won’t fire at newbs or weaker players until the end. And sometimes I’ll even skip turns & coach them if other players won’t get irritated at slowing the game down.

So, yeah, don’t trust me. I play to win — or text everyone until they LOL their tanks off.

guy parker
    Participant

I think it’s fair enough, but it IS annoying when you’re stuck with someone shooting at you who wouldn’t truce, in addition to two or three trucers. when there’s like 4 people on the board and two are truced, you’d think the last two would try to kill them but a lot of the time it does not happen that way.

I also think it’s pretty cheap when people who are losing point out “hey, this person is in the lead, everyone kill them!”, it’s like a fair tactic to target the leader, but let people decide who to shoot for themselves. Some people just get restless when they’re dead and try to prod other players into attacking who killed them which is really lame, but that’s another topic.

trucing is to your advantage sometimes, and i’ll agree on ocassion but i try not to do it too often. some players will try it the beginning of every round regardless of their position which i think is kind of lame. it is also very satisfying to take out two trucers or a group of them with a funky!

BOY
    Participant

I vote yes – overall

BUT,

is marriage nice? yes
    is trucing nice? yes

is marriage annoying? yes
    is trucing annoying? yes

Bronsky was simply annoyed because it appeared that you set him up, although this cannot be proven. I understand his attitude. he felt a bit singled out there it would seem

once I DH’d him all alone on round 9 to try to win, he tried to shame be by insinuating i had no skills (nonsense of course) a fine argument, but only because he was annoyed i had singled him out. I simlply let the insult slide off and let him know it was easies way to elimianate him (i had an ass load of money), fact is the dude is a serious threat. Next round i had the opportunity (and need) to do the same thing, but i did not because i did feel a bit shameful doing it actually – of course i lost because of it. My point is that the game is not quite exactly “cut throat” as hobbesme puts it, as there is an unwritten “code” that some of us adhere to. It really is better put by willis who goes by the philosophy that “things happen”

Another instance on truces…..

mr napalm asks helpless player underneath him, “mirv or truce” in a game of 4 with me a stones throw from a total noob about ready to lob one on me, now its a game of 3 v 1. I am quite annoyed. after noob kills himself i die slowly at their hands, and i am being vocal about how that was dumb and we aught to play in teams server if that is what they want to do. the rest of the game I make a point to mock mr napalm for not joining every truce that occurs as the game goes on (there are more ppl now) am i mean? is mr napalm mean? are neither of us mean?

Does any of this make sense or should I just put it in a poem?

apache64d
    Participant

Boy, I didn’t set him up. He and Darek! said no. I thought that one of them will might shoot me and they were near each other so I shot the FB.

Thats all.

apache.

cbx550f
    Participant

@boy wrote:

I vote yes – overall

BUT,

is marriage nice? yes
    is trucing nice? yes

is marriage annoying? yes
    is trucing annoying? yes

ROTFL! Thanks for both making my day with something that literally made me laugh out loud, and for making a good analogy that lines up with how I feel about this topic: Trucing can be annoying, but I understand it being used. I, myself, very rarely ask for a truce, but will usually accept one if asked. Well, unless I get asked too much. 😉

In my experience, it’s bad to ask for a truce with me – as you’ll likely end up at the wrong end of a DH or funky from someone else, along with me! Often, when in tight quarters with someone, I feel I’d rather go for the (almost) sure kill that’s in front of me, knowing they’ll get me too, than to shot at someone farther away to have us both get funked.

The only scenario I can think of, offhand, where I would ask for a truce is when it is the strategy I need to win, ie: Hobbes is in 1st, I’m in second, last round – my only chance to win is if he dies without making (m)any kills, and I make a few kills and win the round.

Like Hobbes, I play to win, for fun, and for laughs (not necessarily in that order), but I a big part of the fun is the strategy of the game – thinking carefully about spending, and how it impacts this round as opposed to later rounds, accepting (or not accepting) truces,whether or not I can possibley make a kill in 1 shot, or dig’n roll, and, yes, sometimes, even resigning!

Generally, I’m not a big fan of truces, but sometimes they are a good tool. I just recalled something I did in the past quite a bit, but haven’t recently: A “one shot” truce. That often works out quite nicely. 🙂

So, in closing:

Is trucing in the game is a legimit act?

Absolutely*
    *But please don’t truce every round – that is a bit irritating 😉

And to continue on the line of thought:

Is resigning a legitimate act?

Absolutely.

Is buying two funkies every round and selling one a legitimate act?

Absolutely. (If it was THAT effective, wouldn’t more people do it?)

Is using fuel a legit act?

NO! Wait, yup, it is too! 😛

My point is this: This is a multiplayer game, which means that different people bring different tactics. Some folks will play a “nice clean” game, others will pull out every dirty trick in the book. I say: If you don’t like that, go play solitaire. 😉

My two ¢

cbx

Willis
    Participant

I voted #4.

I don’t have a problem with truces, I’d sooner see a verbal truce and know their not going to kill each other – then to assume they would.

But I rarely truce myself – if I was to ever ask for at truce, it will come down to survival. Maybe a player and I had consistantly killed each other and it became tiresome. Or becuase I was in a horrible location, or needed to be sure someone else died (in the event for game win chances) I could ask for a truce (its so rare to see me ask truces in the first place) for my own personal manipulative gain.

However when people ask me to truce, my most frequent phrase (if not NO) is “I don’t care, your not my target”.

Pop quiz did I truce? NOPE. All I said is for the time being that person will not die by my hands. But if lets say I killed my actual target on the first move… by move #2 that person who tried to truce with me is open bait. That person if able to attack me, could get a free kill if s/he knows how to shoot.

cbx550f
    Participant

@willis wrote:

Pop quiz did I truce? NOPE. All I said is for the time being that person will not die by my hands. But if lets say I killed my actual target on the first move… by move #2 that person who tried to truce with me is open bait. That person if able to attack me, could get a free kill if s/he knows how to shoot.

Ah, yes, much like my version:

@cbx wrote:

A “one shot” truce. That often works out quite nicely. Smile

Except that you give them a chance to shoot at you for not trucing. lol

Cheers!

gray
    Participant

I definately support Truces. Actually, I think I ask for/offer them more than most players. To me trucing with the nearest most accurate opponet is a sure bet to improve your survival in any round.

Incidentally if I am line of sight on someone really close I will ask for a truce as well. Thus giving them the chance to live a little longer. If they say nothing, then they get blasted. 🙂 This usually ends up in a double kill. On some occasions it has turned into serious knock down drag out battles. Going toe to toe within 400 power range is very harsh.

I even offer truces to people I repeatedly blow up because getting killed by the same guy again and again, is tiresome. Trust me, I know. 🙂

Finally if I truce with you I will hold that truce as long as it isn’t broken and someone else is alive. However, I have no problem with blowing my buddies to bits once everyone else is dead.

In effect I enjoy the comraderie of the game more than the cutt-throat approach. Things have been substantially more cutt-throat lately and I haven’t enjoyed it as much.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.