This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 10 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

Small Weapons server is now back online. The mod name was changed to sniper. I need some help evaluating the new single player modes I put in. If anyone could please try them out and see if they are good training levels, I would appreciate it.

There are now 4 training levels and one campaign. I plan to add various types of campaings down the road.

More weapons have been added to reflect the new sniper name 🙂 There are a few bugs that I will try to fix by next week, for now, i don’t think anyone will really notice them 😛

mooic
    Participant

ooooo, you timed that perfectly, im off all day 🙂 , ill let you know when i get to r1 😀

mooic
    Participant

Review of Online game,

It does seem to be a lot harder than defore,

Previous Strategy, Buy a mini mirv because more than likley the bot will put up a shield in the first game so always have a shield buster in your armery, dont bother with shields or chutes or batts if you can kill the bot in 4 shots!

Shot 1, BM, Targetting
    Shot 2, BM, Hopefully hit shield
    Shot 3, Mini Mirv, Bust Shield (possibly kill bot)
    Shot 4, Med Missile, Kill Bot.

In the new game i thought it was about the same until i killed the bot a few times (Have we a ‘Streetfighter’ Bot now?),You now need to dispatch the bot in 2 shots or your dead! So it now brings in the other aspects of the game, you do need to buy chutes, you do need to buy Batts, you definitely need fuel and when you have killed a few times then a shield is a must! After playing a couple of games a player of my caliber (medium) can win 90% of rounds and definitely win every game, i think just enough to keep a player interested, not too hard and not too easy, Well Done Boy!!!

New weapons,

DoubleShot, Does just what it says on the tin! Fires one BM followed by another in the same shot. 80% damage award? is that correct, a BM used to be 85% so a double should really BE double. I found this usefull for dispatching a shield or killing through a weak shield!

Photon, Energy weapon, You kinda shoot it like a laser, 40% damage? I got a kill every time with a direct hit so it appears to be 100%

Im saving the best for last, THE ultimate cowards weapon, it would go down a storm on main or beginners its the SIX FT UNDER,
    Waht it does is turn you into a Dirty Dirtyer then a Delerious Digger all in one shot, yes it bury’s you, waits 8 secs then riot blasts you back out of the hole!!! Good Eh? Who needs shields with one of those 🙂

This game should be an online hoot, so im calling all Main Server players, All beginners players and all the Appoc boys, we NEED to have a really good knees up in this server it will be cool 😀

mooic
    Participant

any idea why im showing Rank 111 when its not?

Bobirov
    Participant

@mooic wrote:

any idea why im showing Rank 111 when its not?

Dunno where you saw that, but since there are currently only 15 players recorded for the new series, I’m not sure how thats possible? 😉

mooic
    Participant

My rank is taken from the main server stats so it is possible but im rank 30(ish) in main and beginners so i dont know what its playing at.

Bobirov
    Participant

*slaps self*

I didn’t notice thats the rank you were talking about, was throwing me off mentioning it in this small weapons post. 😉

That is probably because the rank posted on the forum is from the online stats database which is kept seperate from the real-time database on the server. The online database is only updated every so often so wait a while and you’ll see it update eventually.

BOY
    Participant

mooic, the percentages listed in the descriptions are the damage award percentage in money. This is a result of the arms level used. ie arms level one = 100%

the photon does about 100 damage for a direct hit, but its a high arms level, you will get only 40% of the money.

Thanks for the review. I agree online game with some regular players would be a very challenging 🙂

the thing to note about the Six Ft Under is that it prevents you from getting kills for that shot and it is used only once, whereas a shield can last a shot or two and allows you to shoot. It is simply a fun weapon to frustrate people 😛

mooic
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

*slaps self*

I didn’t notice thats the rank you were talking about, was throwing me off mentioning it in this small weapons post. 😉

That is probably because the rank posted on the forum is from the online stats database which is kept seperate from the real-time database on the server. The online database is only updated every so often so wait a while and you’ll see it update eventually.

Your quite right, its now updated!!

BOY
    Participant

@boy wrote:

mooic, the percentages listed in the descriptions are the damage award percentage in money. This is a result of the arms level used. ie arms level one = 100%

the photon does about 100 damage for a direct hit, but its a high arms level, you will get only 40% of the money.

Maybe I should change the descriptions to “cash award” instead of “damage award” to avoid confusion.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.