This topic contains 23 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 11 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

mooic
    Participant

I seem to have hit a brick wall, ive worked my way upto Rank 4 in SWM but no matter howmany people/bots i kill it dosent go any lower! Now if i could find a Stats list like on Beginners/Main/Teams then i could see how many more kills i need to drop some more rank points and how long it will be before I am number 1 🙂

Casey.

Brain Damage
    Participant

since the server is hosted at apocHQ, the stats apges are hosted there too:

http://apochq.handwired.net/stats/index.php

mooic
    Participant

Thanks BD, 30 more kills to go then for the next point 🙂

69 for second place and……

988 for 1st,

I guess ill be playing for a while 🙂

Casey

BOY
    Participant

Glad to hear you enjoy it, its an easy stats race right now compared to some. I plan to upgrade the mod at that server soon.

Any ideas you like, don’t like? Anything you wan’t to see added.

What I may do is add some more bots, some more lives, a few more high speed weapons and make the cash settings lower at start to force more small weapons to be used.

I’m going to try to get some play time there myself 😳

mooic
    Participant

I enjoy this mod because its all about skill, i like the way a bm inflicts 85% so does not kill. I do like the one on one that you get with this game so am not really in favor of more bots. If it were up to me it would be fast accurate weapons only, no nukes funkies etc and no shields basically a mcb game, a true test of skill. Also i have got to the point now where the bot gets killed in all 8 rounds so i think it would be good if the skill level of the bot was linked to the rank of the payer.

Basically, remove all weaons and make bot harder 🙂

Casey

BOY
    Participant

well, what do you think if the arms levels were restricted to smaller weapons for the first serveral rounds, like Apoc?

together with lower cash settings, the option to use the bigger weapons is then reduced. I like to have a few nice sized weapons in there for the fun of it, blasting stuff is the greatest.

Maybe I will downsize the Baby Nuke and Nuke and rename them to something else. Anything else that needs downsizing? I’d like to have just enough weapons to keep the mod interesting, and yet also make it a challenge for pro’s based on cash settings.

If the bot is too hard, no new players will stick around to play. 🙁

Would it still be better to have a hard bot to keep the good players coming back?

mooic
    Participant

Is it possible to link the bots skill level to rank of the player? So a low ranking player gets a hard bot and a noob gets an idiot bot! Im all in favor of moving the bigger weapons colset to the end, there is nothing better than anhilliating an entire landscape at the end just for the sheer hell of it.

oo oo oo, can we have a spaceman on the moon landscape pls 🙂

Casey

BOY
    Participant

hehe, i dont plan to add any graphics if I can possibly help it that are not contained already in apoc. I want the mod to be the smallest file size possible.

currently the bot can only be one type of bot. I can certainly try to make the bot harder though.

feel free to submit a feature request, perhaps the bots could get harder after they die or something?

I personally love to hate those nintendo games where the AI’s get harder after they lose a bit. I still (occasionally) play Street Fighter II on my Super Nintendo and damned if those bots get harder to beat after your first win 😛

mooic
    Participant

I got to number 2 🙂

BOY
    Participant

I think I’ll be changing the server to start with 0 money and restrict arms levels early on. I’m going to play with the bot to see if he can still be challenging with this setting. They have bad spending habbits.

also might make it hard for players joining in the middle. a small amount of free cash might fix that though.

I have added a few fun new weapons. 🙂 You’ll see them in the coming weeks.

congrats on #2 you’re the number 1 human 🙂

Spectrum
    Participant

honestly Boy i prefer the settings as the were/are!

BOY
    Participant

@spectrum wrote:

honestly Boy i prefer the settings as the were/are!

specifically, such as…..?

Spectrum
    Participant

Well put it this way, have u made any changes yet?

mooic
    Participant

Just updated to 40.1 and descoverd that i cant play SWM becauese its v40, is it gaetting updated to 40.1 any time soon?

BOY
    Participant

yep, will update this week ASAP. I actually have a bit of work to do with it, on the single player modes. I’m going to add up to 10 levels for training and challenge.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.