This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Thrax 6 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Softwarespecial
    Participant

In the Apocalypse game mode there is no Riot Charge was that supposed to be? I Liked all the weapons in The Apocalypse mode so I put them all in the Normal mode useally called none. I am posting this on here in Development cause I was changing the tankais and the tankaiweaponsets I just want to make sure that is ok.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

hmm you may want to back up your original game files before having fun. (dont know if you did this already)

Welcome to the modding community! OF COURSE YOU MAY CHANGE THINGS!!! been doing it for awhile now 😉

Armor

ps: did everything parse ok?

Thrax
    Participant

There was a reason for everything in Apoc to be the way Bobirov designed it.
    That’s why we call them Mods. They are a change from the Default in some
    form.

Putting them into the Default mod will only work locally for you, or those you
    host for. The moment you step into the authentic servers of any Mod(yes,
    None counts as a mod), all your changes will be set aside by an auto-download
    of the clean copy. This may be placed in a seperate area, but will over-ride
    your work untill you sort it out again.

Altering other developers work is easy, but a bit low-brow. Feel free to create
    a new mod-folder of your own and tweak there instead. You’ll learn more, and
    keep other designers work as they were meant to be.

Softwarespecial
    Participant

First thanks for the reply. Second I will keep my version of none I never intended to use that one for onlnine. I have a back up of the origional. I never did change apocalyps. I would like to explore making some new weapons. If I change anything major it would be in my own mod. Thanks again.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Have fun! If you ever need anything we’ll be here. 🙂

Dont be afraid to tinker with other weapons, they are great examples for learning and building!

Dont be afraid to ask questions, I asked many myself!

Armor

Softwarespecial
    Participant

Thanks. I have taken all my changes and put it into my own mod. I made the none mod back the way it was. Now I can play my mod or the normal one. It still needs a little tweaking. The normal play still says Play Normal game. I have to say who ever was responsible for making this game whether it be a single person or a group did a very, very good job. I really enjoy this. I know I will not just enjoy the game but making my own stuff for it. Thanks all for the warm welcome and the help.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Yes, Gavin rarely gets credit/reciporocation for his hard work (iphone comes to mind…) He developed every aspect of S3D!!!

Armor

Thrax
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

Yes, Gavin rarely gets credit/reciporocation for his hard work (iphone comes to mind…)

He developed every aspect of S3D!!!

Armor

Especially the aspects we told him to make 😀

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Which reminds me, did you ever re-mention deforming napalm?

Armor

Thrax
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

Which reminds me, did you ever re-mention deforming napalm?

Armor

Often, but compared to the core rewrite.. it was low priority.

At least we got deformable/solid cielings/land inserted.
    You may have to wait a while before we can have flowing rivers 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.