This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 12 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

While many people are looking at things to make the multiplayer better, I would like to give some ideas for single/multiplayer.

1. I would like to see something like the stat page but for offline play only. Something to keep track of your kills against the “bots” and human players.

2. I would love to see an more “intelligent” AI bot. Some thing that will beable to decide based on a “players skill” or the AI’s chance to make the shot who the Bot is going to shoot at. Also this bot would have access to better weapons and shields and makes “intelligent” choices when picking what weapon to use for each shot, can use fuel to move, can dig and more accurate shots, please. A “Terminator” bot.

3. Better system for updating Scorched3D. I kepted getting that error “The feature your are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ‘Scorched3D.msi’ in the box below.” when tring to install version 38. I was also getting it when I tried to uninstall 37.2. The only thing major different on my system was that I installed the .net framework and updated it to 1.1 (1.1 sr1?) since I installed scorched3d. (I need the .net framework for my digital camera software to work)

Deathstryker
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

3. Better system for updating Scorched3D. I kepted getting that error “The feature your are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folder containing the installation package ‘Scorched3D.msi’ in the box below.” when tring to install version 38. I was also getting it when I tried to uninstall 37.2. The only thing major different on my system was that I installed the .net framework and updated it to 1.1 (1.1 sr1?) since I installed scorched3d. (I need the .net framework for my digital camera software to work)

If you still have this error try downloading the Zip version..

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scorched3d/Scorched3D-38.zip?download

jdog
    Participant

I am using the zip to play, but I would like to know why this error is coming up?

Is anyone else with the .Net framework getting this error? (I got it on win98)

Deathstryker
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

I am using the zip to play, but I would like to know why this error is coming up?

Is anyone else with the .Net framework getting this error? (I got it on win98)

I have 1.1 but I’ve also got Win XP. If you have the zip version, it shouldn’t really be asking about the .msi. I should have been a little clearer on that zip thing. I meant do you have the self-extracting zip or the one without the .exe. Just manually delete the Scorched directory and extract all the files from v38.zip in it’s place and everything should be fine.

jdog
    Participant

ok…. since the .msi file error is going to be a mystery for a while lets think about the future.

It is maybe awhile before we see some of the ideas we would like to see but anyone else like any of my ideas beside me?

Deathstryker
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

ok…. since the .msi file error is going to be a mystery for a while lets think about the future.

It is maybe awhile before we see some of the ideas we would like to see but anyone else like any of my ideas beside me?

I like your ideas but as for the smart AI, the Cyborg in the old one pretty much did all this…

Cyborg Cyborgs use methods similar to the
    Spoilers, but are much nastier about
    choosing targets. They will tend to
    attack tanks who are weakened, winning,
    or have attacked them in the past.

As for the right weapons for the right job I dunno if they do that or not. I also have no idea if the Cyborgs in Scorched 3D are capable of the same things as the ones in the original.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.