This topic contains 56 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  apache64d 10 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

cbx550f
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

For the record, truces are allowed at Apoc.

It says all.

However, a mass permanent truce or anything like that would be frowned about.

Like it will be in the main server..

Heh – that’s been going on for YEARS in the main server. It just never hits the headlines.

@theone wrote:

Player joins
    First shot dirt on me!

Player says hahaha its me MoM and then leaves!
    Brandon and trat were there too
    Spoiled again another game for us ( dampened the mood)

While we, as admins, try to prevent this sort of thing from happening, we will never be able to eliminate it.

I perfectly understand – I’ve had things happen in the game that destroyed the mood too. My best advice is to try to not let things like that get to you. As I said, we try, and will continue to try, to improved the gaming experience, but these things will happen.

cbx

Viking62
    Participant

Why can,t there be advanced servers for dedicated players for main & apoc? Checking stats & the top 60 player listings;a blockage of 300 kills or better would maybe rectify the problem. Kinda like the way it used to be/with a twist (Beginners/Main). Usaually if someone has dedicated the time for 300 kills-He/She is going to be an asset to the game,without the problems

>Had time to get weeded out
    if need be. Therefore providing a better atmosphere for the dedicated community of Scorched3d. Just my 5 cents worth. 😉

cbx550f
    Participant

Simple answer: It leads to empty servers.
    Our community isn’t quite big enough for that….
    Yet. 😉

Thrax
    Participant

@viking62 wrote:

Why can,t there be advanced
    servers for dedicated players for main & apoc? Checking stats & the top
    60 player listings;a blockage of 300 kills or better would maybe rectify the
    problem. Kinda like the way it used to be/with a twist (Beginners/Main).
    Usaually if someone has dedicated the time for 300 kills-He/She is going
    to be an asset to the game,without the problems

>Had time to get
    weeded out
    if need be. Therefore providing a better atmosphere for the dedicated
    community of Scorched3d. Just my 5 cents worth. 😉

even set at 50 kills, there were those that simply funkied thier way
    to 50.. just to start insulting us on the main server..

And for those of us that are rarely on the main servers, we’d have
    to swallow our pride for a few days.. just to hang with our friends now
    and then..

The only reason i have tiny minkills of 2 or 5 for some of the mod
    servers, is that the mods are large in size or dificult to master.
    newbs download for 15 min, then would get plastered and run scared…
    so i left the simpler mods for them to begin on, and they can move to
    the heavier one’s once they’ve got the controls down.

Viking62
    Participant

🙂 Understand. Can I get my 5 cents back-LOL 😉

BTW-Thanks for replies.

Almost forgot

mecha mario
    Participant

… ok heres part to (and back on topic) i recently was told by nother player that there were multiple mes on stat page…. oh wait dumb player maybe it could be that i play on DIFRENT SERVERS than first one… well i dont know cause i havent really been playing on to many difrent servers recently with same callsign… APOC=MasterChief so can someone check this for me

apache64d
    Participant

yea..I was the player that told u. I, acsidenly found out that there r 4-5 mecha mario on one of the official servers. With the same avatar. Do u play from school? and have u reinstalled the game for what ever reason?
    I didn’t meant to acuse u on something..justy found out that stats thing by a mistake (while searching for something else).

TORA
    Participant

@direwolf wrote:

So let me get this straight……..

All this was caused because Tnick truced with somebody?
    anger, bad words, constant dirting?

BECAUSE OF A TRUCE!!!!! 😕

wow, how sad.

No, my aversion to tnick start 4 others reasons, i have never seen tnick trucing,except when he was bored by my targeting him and he call to the others playyers to help him,but this is really comprensible.
    I have never insulted tnick.If u dont know ,im banned cuz my nickname ingame was ‘tnick THE REAL’ .

@theone wrote:

Time 01:27 am gmt +2

Player joins
    First shot dirt on me!

Player says hahaha its me MoM and then leaves!
    Brandon and trat were there too
    Spoiled again another game for us ( dampened the mood)

cant remember exact name of player but it was similar to lemin.

I really cant believe that people like this exist in this world!

Lonely lonely man

Tell your MoM i say hi

Relax One,u are so nervous.Scorched is not ‘the world’ ,is just a game.
    U know that i can play although the ban, but i respect the admins decision.
    Just I havent been able to resist to come to you to say hello (at my way).
    And,4 precision,u continue with your lies : i never said ‘ahahahahh’.Chek the log,my nick was Lenin.
    bye

mecha mario
    Participant

ahem to answer question yes i play from school

lebowski
    Participant

When I saw this topic it got my attention right away,
    in the past I had problems so similar like the problems tora is facing now I just have to give my humble opinion on it.

I say “so similar” cause I had problems with almost exact the same people (yes the one, tnick, …), it also escaleted from something verry inocent to something big, totaly blown out of its proportions.
    People like tora don’t get mad just because they feel like making trouble, they need something that triggers it, someone that is provoking them if you want…

I don’t say tora’s reaction is the best one out there nor I blame TheOne or tnick or anyone else, like most of the people that have given a reaction on this topic I didn’t saw ANY log… I can only talk about my own experiences.

TheOne, from my own experience i had with you,I know you are good at provoking people (together with others maybe on a program like skype you can verry easily get someone mad and I know you think that is verry funny) after you get someone mad like tora it is easy to say to other people on the server: “hey there is that dirter” (or whatever it is what you say on moments like that) the thing escalletes then by itself (I bet tora only will by dirt after you calling him the dirter), people see tora using dirt, they all start funkieing him, tora now is forced in a situation that a lot of people start seeing him as a topic of laughter, tora calls evryone names(not a good reaction,I admit, but if someone hit’s me, i hit back lol, im not jezus )….. Then the only thing TheOne needs to do is post a complaint inhere and huppaa another new potentialy scorched addict hase been discouraged….

Appache, you told me in the past you learned from my little problem, I just refresh your memory (and i still think this is the best way to handle problems like this):

lebowski
    Singed

Current Scorched3D Rank: N/A
    Posted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:36 pm Post subject: beeing objective isn’t so hard as it seems

hi,

First, tx for discussing this with the other admins, I didn’t want to make trouble in the first place.
    I just tried to explain my point of view (mandies and appaches was already widley known)

Again I must conclude that talking over the internet without seeing people’s faces and without hearing intonations (in voices) can be verry fast misinterpretated (specialy when you try to be funny, ow fearfull irony ! ). No stone is thrown to anyone, I made simular mistakes in the past…

Also I have seen on the forum that simular situations have occured in the past, I would suggest that the game-moderators that see abuse on the official servers,

*just mute the idiot that is breaking the rules,
    *then gather proof of this abuse (from those logs),
    *and then let OTHER admins decide if this player should be banned or not after that he got his reasonable chance for explenation.

This may look complicated but this is infact the simpliest way to objectivly punish people that don’t know how to behave.

Annyway, I am glad I can play this game again,
    that this forum actually works! ,
    and that this problem is more or less solved,
    afterall, time heals all wounds

greetings,
    lebowski.

That’s all (hihi) I wanted to say, I hope this time the admins and moderators learned something from this little incident

Deathbal
    Participant

Lebowski…….please explain in english what you are talking about. To me, what you wrote was incomprehensible. In other words….”what”? I read your entire post and have no clue as to what you are talking about.

How does “One” provoke people? I’ve played along side him many times and have never seen him provoke anyone.

BigBear
    Participant

@lebowski wrote:

Also I have seen on the forum that simular situations have occured in the past, I would suggest that the game-moderators that see abuse on the official servers,

*just mute the idiot that is breaking the rules,
    *then gather proof of this abuse (from those logs),
    *and then let OTHER admins decide if this player should be banned or not after that he got his reasonable chance for explenation.

This may look complicated but this is infact the simpliest way to objectivly punish people that don’t know how to behave.

A couple of comments here if I may:

There is no written law/rule/policy on this subject as it is. Although I think I am not exaggerating if I say that most admins apply the above mentioned methodology to most situations. Then offcourse there are some situations that need handling right away (I had to ban someone on the spot once for using extremely unappropriate and racist language & nics, no time for parley there). As the admins are idividuals they might handle the same situation differently in terms of what constitutes an urgent issue and what does not.

Anyhooo, if you have a problem and solving it privately is not working or isn’t an option, then bring it here. After all, debate is a big part of taking a community forward and especially problems should rather be discussed than swept under the carpet so to speak.

lebowski
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Lebowski…….please explain in english what you are talking about. To me, what you wrote was incomprehensible. In other words….”what”? I read your entire post and have no clue as to what you are talking about.

How does “One” provoke people? I’ve played along side him many times and have never seen him provoke anyone.

specialy for you deathball, on your first question: “what?”:

I meant something like this: don’t judge 2 fast and make sure you judge right.

and for your other question “how does one provoke?”:

i refer to a topic in the past where you are (yes you yourself) also giving comment on the fact one is provoking lol. or you got a bad memory or you are just giving comments here and there without knowing what you are talking about :p

hope i was clear enough for you now

apache64d
    Participant

Leb, I don’t think we judfe u 2 fast (and never 2 furious) u usded bad language for serval times and used it againts one of the admins also..so..
    Let’s not fight about this again..it is the past.

Deathbal
    Participant

Actually Leb I was going to delete my post but someone posted after me. Truth is, I think we have a language barrier between us and it’s just not worth continuing. Have a good day.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 58 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.