This topic contains 50 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 11 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #11431

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    WeaponRoller primitive that controls the amount of time that the roller rolls before it detonates.

    Done. Added the time attribute to WeaponRoller.

    Another attribute I would like to see is for the WeaponProjectile primitive and that would cause the projectile not to spin (or possibly control of the spin speed?).

    Done. Added the optional spinspeed attribute to WeaponProjectile.

    Also, for quite some time I have thought it would be nice if you had more control over the decal that is applied to the ground when a deforming WeaponExplosion is used.

    Done. Added the optional deformtexture attribute to WeaponExplosion.

    The first thing I noticed is that the weapon that is being referenced MUST BE above the weapon that is using the reference in the xml code.

    True. I can’t be bothered fixing this yet!

    Also, right away I noticed that the only type of accessory you can reference is seems to be the type, “WeaponProjectile”.

    Not sure about this. I can’t think of any reason this would be the case.
    However I think it does only work for weapons defined at the top level of the accessories.xml file. I’ll check when I have time.

    it will use the same armslevel as the original weapon.

    Yes this is true. Also currently the name is also kept, this would also probably need to be changed.

    I have also added a new optional boolean attribute “nonpurchasable” to all accessories to say if they can be bought or not. This allows us to define weapons that cannot be bought but can be used in other parts of the game e.g. environmental weapons.
    You may also want to check out the new WeaponLightning primative I have started working on. It looks pretty cool.

    #11432

    Bobirov
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    The first thing I noticed is that the weapon that is being referenced MUST BE above the weapon that is using the reference in the xml code.

    True. I can’t be bothered fixing this yet!

    Ya I was just getting it out there. No need to bother with changing it.. Notice I did say I didn’t know if it needed to be or was possible to change.. 😉

    @gcamp wrote:

    Also, right away I noticed that the only type of accessory you can reference is seems to be the type, “WeaponProjectile”.

    Not sure about this. I can’t think of any reason this would be the case.
    However I think it does only work for weapons defined at the top level of the accessories.xml file. I’ll check when I have time.

    Ok uhm, this may be a classic case of my incurable foot-in-mouth disease. I tried with 3 different weapons initially and all met with the same results of throwing an error. Now that you’ve said this, I have tried referencing accessories of both WeaponDelay and WeaponMulti primitives and both worked just fine. When I did my initial attempts at referencing various primitives I’m not sure if it was BEFORE I figured out that the Reference needed to be after all the weapons it was referencing. And, like a dummy, I must have never made a second attempt at trying other primitives after figuring it out. Although I thought I did check this, I guess I did not. So as usual I am left looking like a jackass here. Oh well, what else is new I suppose? 😛

    @gcamp wrote:

    it will use the same armslevel as the original weapon.

    Yes this is true. Also currently the name is also kept, this would also probably need to be changed.

    I had thought that as well, but since the name doesn’t actually affect gameplay I wasn’t as concerned about it. But yes, it would be nice to be able to override the name as well.

    @gcamp wrote:

    I have also added a new optional boolean attribute “nonpurchasable” to all accessories to say if they can be bought or not. This allows us to define weapons that cannot be bought but can be used in other parts of the game e.g. environmental weapons.

    Alright! By adding this I can also shorten some repetitive weapons by just writing a hidden, repeatable sequence once and referencing it several times. Believe it or not, this was on my list of things to request as well. But I didn’t want to go overboard on asking for stuff, especially anything I thought was further out of the mainstream.. 😉

    I just want to thank you again for both putting up with my blunders as well as listening to my occasional reasonable idea. I hope I don’t slow progress down too much with all my ideas/requests. Oh well, like you said once, you can always just ignore me. 🙄

    #11433

    Bobirov
    Participant

    @gcamp wrote:

    You may also want to check out the new WeaponLightning primative I have started working on. It looks pretty cool.

    That is definately pretty cool looking. Now I’m going to have to redo my lightning weapons to use this :).

    #11434

    Bobirov
    Participant

    @bobirov wrote:

    @gcamp wrote:

    You may also want to check out the new WeaponLightning primative I have started working on. It looks pretty cool.

    That is definately pretty cool looking. Now I’m going to have to redo my lightning weapons to use this :).

    Okay I lied its not pretty cool looking. Its freaking amazingly cool looking. I thought the original effect I was using looked pretty cool but man, using this new primitive it looks unbelievably good :).

    It does seem to be perhaps a little bit too branchy from time to time. The pic above doesn’t really show it but it can create way too many branches sometimes for just a standard lightning effect. But I could see wanting it to be really branchy for other situations. Perhaps down the road somewhere some control could be added to it. Besides that, the effect is just absolutely beautiful. Well done bro.

    #11435

    .–.ShoCkwaVe.–.
    Participant

    holY @#&!
    that’s friggen amazing!

    “NoW That’S a lightning bolt
    you may even want to change the name to Lightning Strike
    because it looks like that exactly
    very nicely done in making those new primatives Gavin
    AWSOME job Bob.

    I hope you know I am stealing that wepon and puting it in
    wv^ShoCkMod^v.1.0 …..that’s 4 sURe 😛

    #11436

    imported_gcamp
    Participant

    @bobirov wrote:

    @bobirov wrote:

    @gcamp wrote:

    You may also want to check out the new WeaponLightning primative I have started working on. It looks pretty cool.

    Oooo, that does look good 🙂

    I made the primitive for the environmental effects I am adding. Glad it came in useful, I thought you would like it.

    I added more control last night, so if you get the latest version you should be able to choose how many times it branches. I also added the ability for the lightning to hurt people (optionaly).

    #11437

    Deathstryker
    Participant

    *Has horrible flashbacks of lightning destroying his tank in Scorched Earth*

Viewing 7 posts - 46 through 52 (of 52 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.