This topic contains 8 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 7 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

Lithium
    Participant

In the tradition of Monty Python, a weapon that shoots a cow into the air (with a moo sound) and does lots of damage to single targets. Call the weapon “Bovine Intervention”. The idea was also used in an old hybrid RTS/FPS computer game called “Sacrifice”. It was pretty hilarious.

Anyway, I’m not a mod or graphics person so if someone wants to make this idea come to fruition, please go ahead.

parasti
    Participant

I think I’ve already seen such a weapon somewhere… Toy Box possibly? Not sure, it was years ago.

yusuf
    Participant

i have made a cow model and sent it to laptop for some final touches .. i need someone to code it though

it was used in the games worms4 mayhem

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@yusuf wrote:

i have made a cow model and sent it to laptop for some final touches .. i need someone to code it though

it was used in the games worms4 mayhem

that was it? i thought you were going to finish off some broken bits and send me a new copy. ill need a texture.

i need to say, from what ive seen, this is a very nice cow. almost too nice. its not your usual scorched modder crap. (no offence to other model makers. you know what i mean, 300 triangle milkshape junk). im not sure i can do it justice. it would be a shame to have it hidden away in some obscue mod no one sees.

texture it, send me a new copy, and ill see what i can do.

talk to thrax about weapons code. i heard hes a coding genius, or something

ps:
    how about making a few other animals and submitting them to be used in the main game along with the trees and the few houses we have already. maybe a horse or two, some pigs? really, ive seen models made by professionals that arent anywhere near that good. it could be a nice addition if you have the time to make them. perhaps talk to gcamp first?

yusuf
    Participant

thanx laptop 🙂 . always appreciate my work .. makes me feel that u just like appreciation .. oh but anyway .. here is the textured model and the texture file all zipped up for ur use ..

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

[attachment=1:3hpobnnt]cow1.jpg[/attachment:3hpobnnt]

converted to ms3d ascii: [attachment=0:3hpobnnt]holycow.zip[/attachment:3hpobnnt]

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

btw, a quick note on textures. dont use jpeg.

a compressed (zipped up) 2 colour (thats 24bit but with only two colours) bmp (in this case), is 10 times smaller than a jpeg of the same dimensions. your 2 colour jpeg actually had more than 600 colours. i converted it, cause im a pedant:[attachment=0:3ecj93sa]cow2color.zip[/attachment:3ecj93sa]
    replace the texture file with ^ that one

yusuf
    Participant

ok, so the cow weapon is ready 🙂 … many thanx to laptops daddy for all his help (as always) …

i have simply replaced the nuke code with the new weapon known as “HolyCow” in the game …

here are some screenies

oh it also does the “moo” sound

cswiii
    Participant

Minor grammar nit: It should be “enemy’s ass”… or “enemies’ asses”, I suppose.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Couldnt it be the asses of the enemy?

just a thought…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.