This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathbal 2 years, 11 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Currently, with the stat series, players get medals for where they came overall (now based on skill rather than kills as was the case and I must prefer it as is), however, the final positions don’t really represent who the best players were for that series.

How about if the top xx (I think 10 myself) players from the series then entered a tournament situation to play for a trophy and prove they’re the best.

As a quick thought the following format comes to mind:

10 players broken into 2 groups of 5:

Group 1
    Rank 1
    Rank 3
    Rank 5
    Rank 7
    Rank 9

Group 2
    Rank 2
    Rank 4
    Rank 6
    Rank 8
    Rank 10

Each player plays every other player in their group.
    3 points or a win, 1 point for draw, 1 point for beating your opponent by 5 kills or more, 0 points for a loss.

The top two player then meet to decide the winner and the two 2nd placers play for third.

This could add an extra element to the ranking and also ensure that the plays in the tourney are active (or likely to be anyway).

It also injects interest and activity when tourneys are on, it’s great fun speccing a tourney and gets you in the mood for M.A.D.

Thoughts, feelings and reactions below please.

Anonymous

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Currently, with the stat series, players get medals for where they came overall (now based on skill rather than kills as was the case and I must prefer it as is), however, the final positions don’t really represent who the best players were for that series.

How about if the top xx (I think 10 myself) players from the series then entered a tournament situation to play for a trophy and prove they’re the best.

As a quick thought the following format comes to mind:

10 players broken into 2 groups of 5:

Group 1
    Rank 1
    Rank 3
    Rank 5
    Rank 7
    Rank 9

Group 2
    Rank 2
    Rank 4
    Rank 6
    Rank 8
    Rank 10

Each player plays every other player in their group.
    3 points or a win, 1 point for draw, 1 point for beating your opponent by 5 kills or more, 0 points for a loss.

The top two player then meet to decide the winner and the two 2nd placers play for third.

This could add an extra element to the ranking and also ensure that the plays in the tourney are active (or likely to be anyway).

It also injects interest and activity when tourneys are on, it’s great fun speccing a tourney and gets you in the mood for M.A.D.

Thoughts, feelings and reactions below please.

Sounds nice, I’d like to see the battles for 1st and 2nd place be a 2 out of 3 type of thing, as everyone well knows I always pull one sucker of a game for every 2 LOL seriously however I think some of the games are just so close that a 2 out of 3 might be more representative. (not sure why I posted this as a PM first… I think I need a Coca Cola to revv things up.)

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@| Hayt | wrote:

Sounds nice, I’d like to see the battles for 1st and 2nd place be a 2 out of 3 type of thing, as everyone well knows I always pull one sucker of a game for every 2 LOL seriously however I think some of the games are just so close that a 2 out of 3 might be more representative. (not sure why I posted this as a PM first… I think I need a Coca Cola to revv things up.)

Could be an option decided upon by the competing players BEFORE their match, commiting people to <3hours of play, 5 times would be a recipe for failure again.

Anonymous

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

commiting people to <3hours of play, 5 times would be a recipe for failure again.

No no I am only talking about the grand finale, the final one on one at the end pitting Series 1 #1 vs Series 2 #1

sabakanwal
    Participant

You can link or whatever you like to the page(s). I can edit the Title or anything else that is needed. I would like to link from that page to Scorched3d if possible(even if it only links from that site to this one). I am going to try to draw more people into Scorched3d one way or the other…LOL
    I was thinking of also adding Utube Scorched3d links to that site.

Deathbal
    Participant

Would be nice to attract more people. I miss the nights when I had to fight just to get a spot in the next game. This game just doesn’t get enough exposure.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘tournaments’ is closed to new topics and replies.