This topic contains 72 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

there was some confusion when it came to the logo. someone suggested a crest, and…
    [attachment=1:3mca0eoe]rooster.jpg[/attachment:3mca0eoe]
    you know how these things work (google translate etc). by the time we realised theyd actually meant ‘coat of arms’, it was too late and we had to work with it.
    [attachment=0:3mca0eoe]smalllogo.png[/attachment:3mca0eoe]

check the mods and dev forum for a post titled Scorched 3D Website Banner and Logo

ArmorWraith
    Participant

That guy
    Participant

[attachment=0:2m12moes]Crest-Pro-Health-sensitive-shield-Toothpaste.png[/attachment:2m12moes]
    Thanx Guys, atleast you did’nt get this crest!
    OR……. maybe you need it! j/k

BOY
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

oh BOY! We got direwolf and acid and panther and irish………
    comon boys………..lets load Main UP! :D/

BTW, I found what all the social stuff is all about….

As a person with a sliiightly perverted mind, that was hilarious, truly laughed. I did check out the twitter page Dire set up, looks great, I even followed it! I hope this does bring some people in. It isn’t a majic bullet, but I really thing it will help.

A few thoughts to try to respond non-specifically to some of the above replies.

The “JUST PLAY” stratagy >>>
    There is nothing at all wrong with that, in fact, it is guaranteed to work – a little. We want to just play, but we don’t want to “just play” we want a competitive game, not lame bots and such. A game of both skill and beer. But here is the thing, when we can’t play at all (for instance we might be firewalled out) there is no good reason NOT to tweet for blog or facebook on the subject of scorched. It can only help.

Playing alone is going to be isolated and no one out there will care. The world is out there chatting, we want to bring people out from there to IN HERE. The whole internet depends on advertising including this website. So in other words, yeah, we need to play, for ourselves and our future! 😛

BOY this is sounding hokey!

Server ideas. more? or less?
    MW3 has millions of players, the game modes support the variety needed to KEEP players engaged, but the variety is not what truly draws players in. The players are drawn by popularity, and by -of course- the game graphics and experience. So are more gameplay modes better, you bet they are, it would not hurt to have more, but it isn’t going to draw that many people in, just a few. More people will draw people. I was against the idea of more servers, but I think I am for it again. I used to think it was negative to see one player playing each server because they aught to combine in one server for a real game, but hell, who cares. A player is a player!

I would like to see a target practice server and ELIMINATE The title of BEGINNERS. PLEASE!
    (am I the only one that things titles are important?)

Possibilities
    Practice Server or Target Server
    Teams Server
    FFA Server
    FFA MCB Server (no bots)
    Melee Server (real time)
    Apoc Server
    AWE Server

BOY
    Participant

Okay, you are all busy playing. Good! Well maybe the idea of a true S3D Classic server. Many of us veteran players have an appreciation for the original game weapons and stuff for nostalgia sake I suppose. Not everyone really cares for the little things that made the original so cool back in the DOS days. People are into mods and action and bigger and faster and louder and all that.

I just learned there is in game voice chat now with mumble or some jazz … wak! I remember when Jinx and friends would set up and scorch and skype all night….. what a time.

Anyway, where was I. Oh yes, options. We have plenty of them, so lets use them all. But all we need is people to take some time and do whatever it is they are good at. Whether its blogging or bombing, just help out and we’ll make this community sing again.

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Do you really think new people would rather be known as target practice than beginners? I doubt it.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

Do you really think new people would rather be known as target practice than beginners? I doubt it.

ATM the new players aren’t beginners, they’re returning old bastages, who would likely prefer to be called target practice than beginners (because it’s true).
    Am I right? You should know, you’re in that boat 😉

Chopper
    Participant

HEY! I know sumethin’ that’ll make the game better!
    Just log in and play the dang thing! :D/

Deathbal
    Participant

Everytime I log on I see 3 bots and an empty server. There was a time when I came home from work there was no room for me to join.

I haven’t been around for awhile but I can still hit things, I know I can. :mrgreen:

DireWolf
    Participant

@deathbal wrote:

Everytime I log on I see 3 bots and an empty server. There was a time when I came home from work there was no room for me to join.

I haven’t been around for awhile but I can still hit things, I know I can. :mrgreen:

Not sure where u live, but around 9pm Pacific time players have been reported around the AWE servers, for a few hours at a time, I also see players in the Scorchers with training wheels server in the mornings sometimes off and on untill noon!

I put up a video of some of the action happening there, check it if you get the chance, I will keep an eye out for ya playing and join if I am able!

Oh yea…… Howdee!

Chopper
    Participant

9 pacific is pretty late for an old bastage….DBall I remember you showin up around the times I usually log in between 6 and 9 eastern.

Good to cya back……..I’ll get out the “Welcome Hammer” for ya’

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Good to cya back……..I’ll get out the “Welcome Hammer” for ya’

I’m suprised you had a chance to put it away, given the influx of bastages recently.

Shackattack
    Participant

The shack is back was gone for awhile cause my main cpu died for a year or 2, my son is old enough to start playing now trying to teach him the ropes….. when he’s around ill probly be on beginners with him but after im game for any “target practice” you guys want to inflict on me.

BOY
    Participant

I look forward to dropping a bomb or two on you… and your son. :mrgreen:

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.