This topic contains 72 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 5 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

DireWolf
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

Teams MCB?

You’d completely lose the great part of teams…. working together. Closest digs, furthest rolls!

AWs points about bot are pretty important. They’ve been quite frustrating recently.

I am just throwing suggestions into the wind to get people thinking, anything is better than what is there now, as far as the bots go, we have 3 in the Noob server that seem ok, I am curious how one bot would be any harder, is it that hard to turn stats off of the bots, I dont have a clue on that aspect, I myself would wait around longer for players if there was a bot on main, I cannot speak for others but as it is, I never see anyone on main…….
    I will not get Butt hurt if anyone does not like or go with these suggestions, just trying to throw some options out there for people to start thinking about, I am not an admin just a concerned player about the direction this game has gone.
    My Ideas are just things I would personally like to see, if other ideas are brought to light by other players it gives the admins a better idea of what players expect and want from the game.
    Personally, so far after reading others input, I would like to see a MCB server for those who dont care for the funk and DH crowd, a Team server, and main, all equipped with one bot to keep players occupied while waiting for others, I dont think 3 servers is too many, I see more players in the mods than I do on main which tells me that we need more options of gameplay to keep players in the official servers!
    I do not know if GCamp or Bobirov would approve, but I would suggest that thought be given to making an official Apocalypse server also, The official servers need to be able to compete with the mods, in saying this I am not against mods at all, in fact it might help the modding community if…….
    we had a mod of the month sponsored on the official servers, to help promote the modding community, voted on by players in the forums, players should have a say in things like this, it makes people feel like they are part of a community and not just playing another game, it would also give us who are out there trying to promote this game more to work with as far as announcements on Facebook and Twitter!
    players need more options in gameplay in the official servers, the more options of gameplay in the official servers will keep players from getting bored and a mod of the month will give modders something more to work for.
    These are just ideas, I hope the admins will consider for the good of this game.

DireWolf
    Participant

[attachment=0:38ockw1l]Capture6.PNG[/attachment:38ockw1l][attachment=1:38ockw1l]CaptureFB.PNG[/attachment:38ockw1l]https://www.facebook.com/Scorched3d

Come check it out, after 30 likes I will have more options as far as tracking perspective hits, which means possible players!

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

2 fan pages?
    That’s just weird.

DireWolf
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

2 fan pages?
    That’s just weird.

We are already working on that as I type!

We will probably use this one, it has been linked to my Twitter acct for the time being, I will be setting up a Scorched 3D Twitter acct soon also, so any posts or updates or events like tournaments posted on Facebook will automatically be sent to the S3D Twitter acct.

Which will be linked to a gmail acct just for the 2 accounts, the email and password will be given to admins also!

it may be weird but it will work, if the admins agree that it is not in the best interest of the game I will scrap all 3!

Soup.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

The original page has more people attached to it and get the updates, it would be better to move the original one along imo.

Chopper
    Participant

GUys just come back and play……….don’t worry about tweakin stuff right now. 😀

DireWolf
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

The original page has more people attached to it and get the updates, it would be better to move the original one along imo.

That is up to Boy, I offered him any pics and vids he wanted, I dont care who’s acct is used as long as it is being used! not just sitting there……..

we have already considered that this morning, I already told him I would close mine, if he wanted to continue using his, before he even saw it, I would have been here playing but the servers were empty, so I wanted to see what I could come up with.

If Boy says kill it, it is dead. no problem or hard feelings.

I do have one problem though, last night I was playing with Chopper and an admin took all my stock while we were playing, then tried to get us to move to his Mod talking from the console, without joining the game, I was not very happy about it, I lost the urge to play afterwards and I think any recruiting for mods should be done in the forums, not in the manner that it was done, after explaining that I was here showing support for the official servers, the admin understood, then left without returning my stuff, and did not bother to join us,
    I dont feel that was in the best interest of the game, this admin did not join us either…… The attitude of trying to take players from the official servers without even joining the game made my jaw drop! I would have totally thought about checking the mod out had the admin atleast jumped in with us for a bit.
    I am not trying to get anybody mad or upset by saying this, or get anyone in trouble, But I do think that an admin should have the games best interest in mind, Mods should come second.
    I am not mad or angry, just questioning the logic involved, especially considering the lack of players! this game should come first, I say this because I care!

DireWolf
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

DW, That was some dude admining his own server…..wanting us to come over to what he built.

I didn’t recoginize the name and he certainly isn’t a current admin in the scorch servers.

in fact Im going to check the logs, but that guy I had never seen, name was sub something or another.

He took all my weapons! and did not give them back! he must have admin status here. only an admin can do that, or has that changed?

DireWolf
    Participant

@chopper wrote:

Nothings changed in that regard. Maybe the game reset when you joined me….heck Ill look it up again but sub is NOT any admin here.

All I know is, we finished a round, when we started the next one my inventory was wiped out. Sub showed up right before it disappeared, again I am not mad or anything, but just think that this person should think b4 they act.

DireWolf
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

@direwolf wrote:

@chopper wrote:

Nothings changed in that regard. Maybe the game reset when you joined me….heck Ill look it up again but sub is NOT any admin here.

All I know is, we finished a round, when we started the next one my inventory was wiped out. Sub showed up right before it disappeared, again I am not mad or anything, but just think that this person should think b4 they act.

Don’t take this wrong, but, you didn’t start a new game did ya?

I mean, you are rather … out of sync atm.

Nope, we were near the end of the game….. ATM really!!!!! 😕

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Hello DireWolf,

First of all I would like to welcome you back to Scorched3D!

I have reviewed your posts, and determined the following:

There were no admins logged in last night, and there are no admins that currently go by the username “subsentient”.

You may verify this by clicking the following link:
    Current Administrators

I have reread the server logs and noted 0 login attempts. It is also pertinent to note that it is currently impossible to reset a players weapon inventory via admin control.

Therefore I have determined that you have:
    1) Discovered a small glitch or hiccup in the server functions. If this is the case please submit it Here.

or
    2) Failed to realize the initiation of a new game.

The player “subsentient” simply wished to invite you to his new custom server. He is in no way connected to your loss of usable inventory, simply a coincidince in timing. He is in no way affiliated with the administrators of the scorched3D community.

If I may also note, BOY is no longer an active admin in the scorched 3D community, so im not sure why you would kill your tweeting advertising project on his say so? I think its a wonderful idea for the community to branch out. Though I have been kindly informed that BOY operates his own Facebook Page with scorched related content. You may wish to consolidate those pages, but that is entirely between you and BOY. Currently I see no reason why you would wish to terminate such an operation.

Regards,

Armor

DireWolf
    Participant

There must be a glitch, I am not crazy or a noob, I might play like one, I did not relog onto the server, and the disturbance in the force happened when sub came,
    and he left right after I lost my weapons, if you check the log, you will see I made a comment like wtf or something like that in the short time he was talking to us, and it was not in context with the conversation, that is when I was trying to figure out what had happened, I figured it was an admin playing around! and I was cool with that, but then he left without saying anything, What would you think?
    I put in a lot of time playing here, most of which was on main, I did play mods but I felt most at home on main, so personally I thought it rude for an admin to solicit his server and run without hanging out and tossing some rocks if he would have been an admin, especially in these dead server times, to me that is when the admins should be there the most, as far as I knew only an admin can remove your inventory, and with the timing of him coming and my inventory missing, it was a natural conclusion. I am not sure what to think, I only drink sometimes, last night was not one of those nights! no Magical Brownies *which I am NOT against* I really did lose my inventory 😐
    It is only a game and really not a big deal, I was never mad or angry, but I was concerned because of what I thought! So….. I am not sure what to say
    This feels like one of those awkward Kenny Powers moments!
    It would have to be a glitch of some sort.

I AM NOT CRAZY!!! #-o MMMM CoCo Puffs!!!!
    Wooooo Hooooooo

ArmorWraith
    Participant

If you report it to the bug tracker, Gavin can take a look at it when he gets some free time.

Armor

DireWolf
    Participant

You will have to point me in the direction of this bug tracker dude 😛
    never heard of it.
    I am not going to worry unless it happens again, it was an anomaly, unless you think it is of importance.

I am going to finish sweeping up here, I will lock the doors and set the alarm before I leave. have a good night!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

they took his inventory

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.