This topic contains 2 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Frankie 8 years, 10 months ago.

• Author

Frankie
    Participant

First off, I apologize if I get my terminology wrong, because tech level in the game starts at 0 and goes up to 10, whereas I see posts here describing arms go from level 10 down to 1.

Anyways, is there any way to set up a 2-5 round game where the first round has only the weakest weapons, and the final round is maxed out? Scorched apparently treats the “starting arms level” setting as more of a y-intercept, and seems to set the arms level for each round based on: level(round_x) = min + (max – min) * round_x / rounds

For example, if you set min=0, max=10, rounds=10, then the game increments smoothly one level per round. However, if you set min=0, max=10, rounds=3, then you get the levels 3, 7, 10 instead of 1, 6, 10 which I wanted.

Do I need to create my own mod to achieve this behavior, or is there an easier way?

Thrax
    Participant

@frankie wrote:

First off, I apologize if I get my terminology wrong, because tech level in the
    game starts at 0 and goes up to 10, whereas I see posts here describing arms
    go from level 10 down to 1.

Anyways, is there any way to set up a 2-5 round game where the first round
    has only the weakest weapons, and the final round is maxed out? Scorched
    apparently treats the “starting arms level” setting as more of a y-intercept, and
    seems to set the arms level for each round based on: level(round_x) = min +
    (max – min) * round_x / rounds

For example, if you set min=0, max=10, rounds=10, then the game increments
    smoothly one level per round. However, if you set min=0, max=10, rounds=3,
    then you get the levels 3, 7, 10 instead of 1, 6, 10 which I wanted.

Do I need to create my own mod to achieve this behavior, or is there an easier
    way?

You are fine on your terms, we are just speaking from different sides of the
    wall. Players see the 0-10, and developers create from 10 -1.

And you are also right on the assumption if the levels per round splitting.
    A 1 to 10 level spread over anything storter than equal rounds will be
    arrayed somewhat odd.

You’d be better trying to get a few more rounds in. 4-5 rounds may show a
    few more weapon changes each time. As for mods, it won’t change the level
    spread any, only change what weapons appeared at each ‘weapon-level’.
    Real mods have thier own weapon creations that are sorted to the modders
    own idea of fair.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@frankie wrote:

…seems to set the arms level for each round based on: level(round_x) = min + (max – min) * round_x / rounds…

that seems very complicated.

something you might want to consider, is that the weapons levels in default arent an accurate measure of the weapons power. for example, heavy rollers are level 8, missiles are level 8, napalm is level 5.

if you did want to create a small mod for the purpose, the only file youd really need to change would be accessories.xml.

mods are very easy to set up. id recommend downloading something like thraxs mcb mod as a starting point. copy over the default accessories file and modfiy the weapons levels to your taste.

Frankie
    Participant

Thanks much for the info. I am delving into accessories.xml

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.